Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:42:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: EotD - PDF rules  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Mike D. Mc Brice

• Mad Scientist
  • Lead Painters League Winner
Re: EotD - PDF rules
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
Ruledesign have never been a strength of Westwind. It's a shame the rules don't reflect the miniature design on so many occasions.

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Brummies Wargaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
To be fair a lot of the kickstarter figures aren't factions in there own right. Almost more like re-skinned characters for you to theme your own factions round. I've not had a chance to sit down and read it properly yet.

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »
I would think a number of people probably pieced together a "league of extraordinary Gents" with their points, so I kind of expected all of them to have character stats.  I guess the invisible man, hyde and dorian might have been supernatural enough to have originally been set aside for the madscientists faction.  Seems they would have to just be Imperial Adventure club, but somehow just a simple stat line change doesn't seem enough.  Oh well, if Andy doesn't do it I'm sure some of us will.

On the plus side I think my famous authors just became I.A.C as well, so now time for some kickass writers.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:51:55 PM by Booboo »

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:27 PM »
I think as fans. If there is something missing then we should perhaps do it ourselves and submit it for everyone to use.

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »
Sorry, but it means I've paid good money for EotD figures that are not usable in the EotD game. I think I will stick with IHMN, at least that has rules for making your own profiles so they will be useable.

Just out of curiosity, which figures can't you use?

(I haven't read all the PDF yet)
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:15 PM »
I think as fans. If there is something missing then we should perhaps do it ourselves and submit it for everyone to use.

Looks like a good plan to me.

I would suggest a few more scenarios or settings might be handy too.

Offline teha123

• Assistant
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2013, 12:47:11 AM »
Yup i am interested to know which figures cant we use?

Offline Booboo

• Scientist
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2013, 03:13:48 AM »
Yup i am interested to know which figures cant we use?

Probably not the most accurate way to phrase it.  There aren't (m)any that you can NOT use as an alternative figure for an existing profile, or will LIKELY be in the Baron/Monster group.  But there are a number where you might think a separate nor specific and specialized profile would be in order.  And it's that particular difference where some of us might be butting heads with west wind, but as mentioned above, I see nothing wrong with writing up a bunch ourselves and sharing.

Among those that are not covered specifically (please chime in if I am missing any)

The kickstarter stretch goal bonus figures (Most if not all) - these are tricky if some are exclusives.
Baron and Monster (so far)
Dorian (I would have thought it would have gone in the mad scientist list)
Invisible man (I would have thought it would have gone in the mad scientist list)
Burke and Hare (could fit in the Baron and Monster list I would think)
Hyde and the Dr (I would have thought it would have gone in the mad scientist list)
Mechana bat (Would be a good start, along with the Dr Octopus pic in the supplement for supers as a list/supplement)
Steam knight
Time Machines
Authors and Servants (not sure much needs doing, I considered these table decoration)

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 03:23:27 AM by Booboo »

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
  • A rising star in the hierarchy of Hell.
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 04:40:31 AM »
Probably not the most accurate way to phrase it.  There aren't (m)any that you can NOT use as an alternative figure for an existing profile, or will LIKELY be in the Baron/Monster group.  But there are a number where you might think a separate nor specific and specialized profile would be in order.  And it's that particular difference where some of us might be butting heads with west wind, but as mentioned above, I see nothing wrong with writing up a bunch ourselves and sharing.

Among those that are not covered specifically (please chime in if I am missing any)

The kickstarter stretch goal bonus figures (Most if not all) - these are tricky if some are exclusives.
Invisible man (I would have thought it would have gone in the mad scientist list)
Hyde and the Dr (I would have thought it would have gone in the mad scientist list)
Mechana bat (Would be a good start, along with the Dr Octopus pic in the supplement for supers as a list/supplement)
Steam knight
Time Machines
Authors and Servants (not sure much needs doing, I considered these table decoration)

I would expect special rules for hyde, the dr. and monster, dorian, the invisible man and mechana bat and steam knight. Bruke and Hare as real life grave robbers don't need special rules.

Offline teha123

• Assistant
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 05:45:30 AM »

Steam knight
Time Machines

Well i actually prefer rules given by the creator because they creator the Empire of the dead world and i would like to play characters in the world they created and hence the skills all set by the creator.

Anyway any good rules for  Clickers?

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 02:31:21 PM »
Would love to see someone tackle the Wulfen Jaeger Wolfhounds and handlers so that they fit the old Vampire Wars figures - which I just purchased  lol

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:19 PM »
Would love to see someone tackle the Wulfen Jaeger Wolfhounds and handlers so that they fit the old Vampire Wars figures - which I just purchased  lol
The only dog handler rules so far are in the special branch faction and they don't say much. What so of rule are you looking for?

Offline Brummie Thug

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 04:36:29 PM »
There are rules for Wolfen Jagers in the current Gentlemen list under affiliations

Offline Saucy Jack

• Scientist
    • London by Midnight
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »
Im looking for rules that fit the Wulfen Jaeger Houndmaster models more precisely.  The hound and handler are shown as one model om a larger base.

Offline kidterminal

• Mastermind
    • Fends in Waistcoats
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2013, 04:44:00 PM »
They've now done the very same thing with Alice and Tom, one model two characters. Try using the dog handler rules for the police dog handler.