Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Bolo armoured train decals - translation help needed  (Read 5374 times)

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The East is a delicate matter!
    • Studio "Siberia"
Re: Bolo armoured train decals - translation help needed
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:29 AM »
Alas. These slogans are not suitable for the Second World War.
If you want, I could help you find the suitable for this period Soviet slogans.
Only, perhaps, need to go to the relevant topic.

To decorate buildings better use of posters. Here's an example of the Civil War.

Reds:

"You enrolled (join the Red Army) as a volunteer?"

"Proletariat - on horseback! Working revolution must create a mighty Red Cavalry. Communists must become a cavalryman."

Trotsky, in the image of St. George, spearing counter-revolution.

White:

"Why did not you in the army?"

"For Russia!"

"Peace and freedom in Soviet Russia"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 08:20:14 AM by cuprum »

Online has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 04:38:48 PM »
I meant the Smirnoff/Smirnov 'slogans' , but I would be grateful for any WW2 slogans & posters.
Once again, thanks in advance.

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 05:43:45 PM »

Offline cuprum

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Studio "Siberia"
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:35 AM »

Offline Hamilkar

• Assistant
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 01:52:47 AM »
Ignatieff,

Without an ALPS printer, white decals like that are almost impossible.  If you could find an ALPS, that might be the only way on the white letters.  Other colors are fairly easy.  Waterslide decal paper is easy to find on ebay, although the qualities vary greatly.  However, you can usually get them one or two pages at a time.  Clear or white backgrounds too.  In this case, I suspect you want clear.  Then use Word or a similar program to design what you want the decal to say or use an image and resize as desired, then take it to a business printer (in US Kinko's, Office Depot, Fed Ex, etc.) and have them print it.  You can do laser or color ink jet.  Laser is a pain.  The printers get so hot so fast, the plastic on the sheets melt and jam up the printer.  The gentleman who owns Little Big Men Studios told me to stick with color inkjet and let the pages thoroughly dry, then hit them with a coat or two of clear coat before trying to apply them.  Its worked wonderfully for me.

Offline Ignatieff

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »
Ignatieff,

Without an ALPS printer, white decals like that are almost impossible.  If you could find an ALPS, that might be the only way on the white letters.  Other colors are fairly easy.  Waterslide decal paper is easy to find on ebay, although the qualities vary greatly.  However, you can usually get them one or two pages at a time.  Clear or white backgrounds too.  In this case, I suspect you want clear.  Then use Word or a similar program to design what you want the decal to say or use an image and resize as desired, then take it to a business printer (in US Kinko's, Office Depot, Fed Ex, etc.) and have them print it.  You can do laser or color ink jet.  Laser is a pain.  The printers get so hot so fast, the plastic on the sheets melt and jam up the printer.  The gentleman who owns Little Big Men Studios told me to stick with color inkjet and let the pages thoroughly dry, then hit them with a coat or two of clear coat before trying to apply them.  Its worked wonderfully for me.

Great advice.  thank you!
"...and as always, we are dealing with strange forces far beyond our comprehension...."

All limitations are self imposed.  Work hard and dream big.