Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:30:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686473
  • Total Topics: 118102
  • Online Today: 857
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: [6mm / Epic] Space Marines and Orks - New stuff on p. 3  (Read 10959 times)

Offline blacksmith

• Mad Scientist
    • Javier at war
Re: [6mm / Epic] Space Marines and Orks
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 12:13:07 PM »
A must take objective for Orks should be a cache of Grok beer barrels  ;)

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2013, 02:38:48 PM »

Fantastic stuff Raz!  There is something about being able to organize 6mm figures into little vignettes that has an appeal that I have yet to find in any other part of the hobby.  There is nothing quite like an Epic scale scenario marker and you have nailed it with these  :-*

That's exactly what I love about Epic and tried to do with the space marine bikes as well. It's all about the story that's being told on the tabletop!
Thanks for showing those stormboyz. They look great. You really went to town on these with all those highlights, awesome stuff. I'll keep your idea for the smoke in mind and might try it if the cotton fails.

As far the Ork objectives I want them to be something an Ork Warlord would fight for. A last stand of three boyz or a stranded battlewagon wouldn't be somehting that imho he would fight for. Thanks for all the ideas. Currently I'm leaning towards a big waagh-banner, his pet squig and a big pile of pulsa rokkits, but I might come up with something totally different when I start building :)

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2013, 02:39:31 PM »
A must take objective for Orks should be a cache of Grok beer barrels  ;)

Nice one! Need to think about how to build this one... :)

Online Dr. Zombie

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2013, 04:08:09 PM »
For my Ork objectives I have buildt a waaagh banner aka dawn of war. A weapons cache and a wrecked warlord Titan made from one of the old plastic beetle backs.

Offline General Lee

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2013, 12:06:51 PM »
yep this has become a fantastic project. keep it up!  8) looking forward to seeing the entire army finished
\"It is well that war is so terrible, or we should grow too fond of it.\"

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
Well, it's been quite a while, but I made some more progress with these armies over the last weeks.

@Dr. Zombie: thanks for the ideas. A waagh banner seems to be a must have :D

Assault Marines with an extra base including a chaplain

The chaplain was made using a plastic chaplain and assault marine, chopping both up and gluing the right parts back together.

Scouts, made from regular marinessince I couldn't find any (for a good price) on ebay. I cut the missile launcher back to a box and drilled a hole in it (had seen this before by someone else), cut of the clips of the boltguns to give them a more slender profile befitting a combat shotgun and gave them a different paintjob to fit with their tactical role: german grey, nuln oil, again german grey and a light drybrush with codex grey. I painted the shoulder pads the same way as my other marines to tie them in with the army.

I also built a Mega Gargant I got off ebay for 20 euros including shipping and it was still on the sprue :) Quite an enjoyable build. And with it being the ride of my warlord, I made sure he would still be leading his boyz from up high and in person. It seemed more fitting for him then being hidden somewhere within the large metal hulk 8) Still need to do some work on it though, like the small turrets and drilling out the barrels.

Offline warlord frod

• Mad Scientist
Re: [6mm / Epic] Space Marines and Orks - New stuff on p. 3
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 10:55:30 PM »
This is awesome stuff.  :o I love this game  :-* all my armies are on the original 5 man square stands (I never liked the new in line bases) I still have a lot that needs paint. Mostly Eldar and Squat with a small amount of space marine and Ork. Seeing this moves me to dig it out and paint it. Looking back through the post I love the rhino conversions WOW.

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2014, 04:47:57 PM »
Small update. Finished 3 Gunwagonz and 2 Flakwagonz

As well as a chaplain on bike

Which means my bike formation is finished as well as my big blitz brigade!

And amongst other things I picked up this lot from ebay for a mere 6 euro's! 8)

Offline Chico

• Mastermind
  • I came, I saw and I ate your pie.
    • Oldhammer on a Budget
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2014, 08:18:40 PM »
Great stuff, a bargin ebay lot too :)

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2014, 10:07:54 PM »

I find this thread extremely distracting.  I dont plan to revisit my Epic stuff for another decade at least, so the last thing I should be doing is looking at this sort of thing.  But I cant help myself, its so pretty.

Great work.

Cheap epic squats too, even better :)

Offline warburton

• Mastermind
    • Classic40K painting blog
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2014, 10:23:22 PM »
Great work!

Offline Raz

• Scientist
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
Thanks guys. Last tuesday we had our first Titan Slugfest. Lots of firepower was hurled over the field 8) The Ork Mega Gargant performed especially well with the fire support it can lend to nearby combats (12 dice on 3+). Currently putting the last pieces of it together, then on to the Ork objectives, converting some killa kans and building a Gunwagon for an oddboy so my blitz brigade can take on a titan with the Titan Killer gun on the oddboys ride :D So there will be more pictures soon.