Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:27:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shoulder Pads compatible with Space Marines  (Read 2249 times)

Offline yeomanmodels

• Assistant
    • Yeoman Models
Shoulder Pads compatible with Space Marines
« on: November 12, 2013, 11:22:05 PM »
Hello,
I've made some Shoulder Pads that are compatible with Space Marines but have my own chapter markings on them.

These are the resin casts from the mould we made. Here are some more photos sowing a bit more detail.

First off, what do you think? Secondly, I was wondering if there would be any market in making people custom shoulder pads for their own custom chapters of Space Marines? They cannot of course be the same chapters that Games Workshop has as that will be stepping on their Intellectual Copyright, but if you have a custom chapter with your own unique emblem, and are looking for shoulder pads that have the symbol of your chapter embossed on the pads, I could help.

The idea is that I could make pads based on your designs that then get moulded and cast. The pads will be yours alone and not resold to anyone else. You'd be the only person in the world with the custom pads featuring your design. Cost wise, the more you order the cheaper each pad would be. To make 1 pad master, mould, resin for one will be quite expensive, but to make 100, the price of each pad would be far less. Also, after the initial order, if you want more that will cost you less as the master and mould have been made.

Larger pads for Terminators could be part of it.

I think that for a 100 pad order (maybe 1 in 10 could be a larger Terminator pad) would cost about £160. 50 pads would be about £110 and 200 pads would be £210 - all sporting the unique emblem of your own personal army.

Shields and other accessories could also be made along the same lines.

Could do them in metal or resin.

What do you think?

Offline Doomsdave

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Shoulder Pads compatible with Space Marines
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:38:11 AM »
I like these so far.  The Anubis ones would be useful.  I think resin would be the way to go. 
This is my boomstick!