Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:47:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: ww1 Vehicles offer! free(ish) models from 1st Corps range  (Read 16675 times)

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
ww1 Vehicles offer! free(ish) models from 1st Corps range
« on: November 12, 2013, 07:11:32 PM »
I am currently expanding the range of vehicles in the 1st corps miniatures range.So Im short on research time.so i'll extend the following offer to one and all.if you can provide the information required in order to model a vehicle and Simon,and Mick agree it should be added to the range.Then i will sculpt it.
Whats in it for you?
You will get two free pre release casting of that model and one free casting of any model currently in the range.Including the forth coming german transport.and ww1 planes.
Whats the catch?
If we choose to use your idea.Then all information must be provided in hard copy only.not by email.if your idea is used then your name will be posted on the web site.
How do get my castings?
Your free casting from the current range will be sent as soon as agreed hard copy information is received at 1st corps miniatures.and the other castings asap on completion of master moulds.
First enquiries by email or through the forums.hope to hear your thoughts and ideas.i really do give help and models away for free.if you and your club are interested in using this range for display game contact 1st corps and see how we can help.
Ask away.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 01:04:44 AM by tin shed gamer »

Offline wrgmr1

• Mad Scientist
  • Mad Gamer and Painter
Re: ww1 Vehicles offer! free(ish) models from 1st Corps range
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:02:24 AM »
Hello,

Is this in 28mm or 15mm scale?

Cheers,
Thomas

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:31 AM »
I am interested, and PM sent.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »
Hi.the current range is 28mm

former user

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »
You could elaborate here for all what exact information You expect from research, unless You prefer to PM it to each one interested.

But I would guess it is basically the measurements You are interested in and good pictures, and possilbly also a bit background info about the availabilty and thus the possible demand estimate....

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 05:15:30 PM »
Your guess isn't that far off.It really depends on each project.Rule of thumb the more information I have the quicker and easier it is to produce a master

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:05 PM »
Thanks to everyone for their ideas so far.Feel free to PM me.
I would like to add I've had a lot of requests to make models that are already in the range.so please have a look at the range before you email me .thanks
I've also been asked what ideas and releases Im planning for 2014.to answer this would only aid other companies.if asked for I'll post a list of models in the range and the vehicles that are mastered and are ready Now!

Offline David

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:00:55 AM »
The one thing I wanted was the Early crew for the Belgium armoured car ? Hint next year is 2014.
plus I would like the 1st Corps Web site to work correctly, which I think the cookie system is balls it up and stop me look at any items on the store.
GW easy, just click to accept the cookie at start.
I have tried all types of ways but none work. It must be stopping orders.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 01:08:27 AM »
Send me details of correct uniform and will give you an honest reply as to when and if I'll will make it.that said its not an unreasonable request.
Just for the record I do not work for 1st.  Corps I am a freelance designer.this range is a joint project.I have found Simon and Mick to be some of the most approachable people in the trade. That's why I take on their projects.So if you have a problem with their site contact them I sure they will talk you through it.
As for Gw 's website it just not relevant to this offer.
The reason for this (put your money where your mouth is) offer. Is because the range is doing that well.
This offer is simple and open to all. Come up with a well researched project I can sculpt into a usable model and 1st corps think is viable .then there is every chance of having real models on your table you didn't have to buy.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »
A big thanks to everyone who has responded so far.first offers have been taken up by gamers as far a field as Canada and Australia !
If I haven't emailed you back yet .I will contact everyone who has PM'd by todays date by Monday. 1st Corps and myself are at different events this weekend.

The ideas people have had and are willing to back up with research have been great and more diverse than expected.
With this in mind I might as well open the offer up to all historical periods !

Except the following as they are already mastered and awaiting release dates.
28mm WW1 late war fighter planes.
28mm WW2 British Airborne jeeps.

Looking forward to hearing more of your ideas. If you don't have research material but a good idea then post it here .If its good I'll send you a private message to tell you how to get it made into a model.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Quick update
Please no more requests for Armoured Trains.these are just not a practical range I've found 17 different flat beds ,let alone engines.These models would make trains way to long for most tables let alone the cost for a 28mm model.

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 03:51:39 AM »
tin shed gamer, I've taken up your offer and look forward to the Erhhart E-V/4 (along with the two pre-release castings) coming my way. Thanks again.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 11:35:37 PM »
The first requested model will be on display at York on the 1st Corps Miniatures trade stand.

Offline tin shed gamer

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 12:29:24 AM »
As the first model goes on display tomorrow,at York.I can let you know its an Austin series 3.there is a varriant for the Russian front, which can be used as a captured series 3 in German/Austrian service.and of course a British series 3.
The model has open turret hatches,and drivers hatch,as well as universal figures,one standing with arm raised against the side of the car,one sat on the open turret hatch with field glasses,and a head and shoulders for the driver.
I'd like to add ,a thanks to everyone who asked for the ft17 to be put back into production.I've taken the hint and updated the original tank and lightend up the whole figure by reducing the heavy modeling as 1st. Corps ,now mould and cast in house I'm no longer restricted by the chunky style prefered by the original mould maker.
This offer is still open so feel free to contact me.

Offline 6milPhil

• Galactic Brain
    • Slug Industries
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 12:40:39 AM »
Then all information must be provided in hard copy only.not by email.
Ask away.

Do they not have printers in Yorkshire yet then?