Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Shoot and Skeedaddle - Keepimg track of figures ??  (Read 2456 times)

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
Shoot and Skeedaddle - Keepimg track of figures ??
« on: November 16, 2013, 04:59:50 PM »
All,
      I know that Elbows is busy with Fall In this weekend, so I direct this to others who have played S&S.  I am playing solo at the moment, and I am having a hell of a time keeping track of who has moved, who has what weapon etc.  Any tips??

Nick

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Shoot and Skeedaddle - Keepimg track of figures ??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:49:03 AM »
Well, I have a fairly diverse collection so that makes it easy for me to pick a figure that is close to the one I will need. There are a few figs I still need to pick up like a model with a sabre (Civil War Confederate) among other things.

If anything you could put a name on the base, a number or a color to put next to a list to know who has what... Then you can just look on a sheet and go, Ah, Wild Will has a pair of six shooters. Sara Jane has a shotgun!

I also think a chit of some type, a poker chip or a glass bead for example would be fine to show the model has moved, etc....

Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:01 AM »
Styx,
         I thought about some sort of numbering system.  I have all Black Scorpion figures, so every figure is different.  The problem is that almost all of them have two primary weapons, eg repeating rifle and six shooter or a pair of six shooters, so that doesn't help differentiate them.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 04:18:24 AM »
Styx,
         I thought about some sort of numbering system.  I have all Black Scorpion figures, so every figure is different.  The problem is that almost all of them have two primary weapons, eg repeating rifle and six shooter or a pair of six shooters, so that doesn't help differentiate them.

Numbers would work, you just have to find a system that works for you. Could even go as far as taking a picture and create a sheet for each model in the game (kinda something like how Army Builder lets you include a photo of a unit).

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:24 AM »
Hey guys (at the hotel).

No real hard and fast rules for this kind of thing.  With the hugely diverse range of models and terrain, it's up to the players to remember who is what.  I do tend to divide my figures into single pistols, double pistols, shotguns, rifles etc.  For other games when I needed to remember who was who, I simply had a cheat sheet "Dave = Blue jeans" etc.

If anyone comes up with an ingenious way to do this, let me know.  I haven't really run into it as a problem, but occasionally at cons a player will get his guys confused. 

2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 01:54:50 PM »
Of course it doesn't help that most of my gaming is solo.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »
I also have seen on Ebay these rubber band things that go around figure bases, you can write on them with pencil also, they come in various colors....

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:16 AM »
Styx,  do you have a link for the rubber bands?  If I just plug in colored rubber bands on ebay  I'd probably get thousands of results.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 02:49:48 AM »
Styx,  do you have a link for the rubber bands?  If I just plug in colored rubber bands on ebay  I'd probably get thousands of results.

Yep, just do a search sometimes Ebay has them or other retailers where you live....so don' sweat it.

http://www.comixininos.com/blood-bowl-accesories/skill-markers.html

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
Nick, this is another...quasi-suggestions.  To keep with the look and feel, another thing you could do...place a small number on your Old West minis, and then buy a pack of nice poker chips, and write a number on them.  Then when you draw and place out your character cards, and pick models - simply lay the poker chips on the character cards.

This would let you number them, and add some nice coloured poker chips to the table - something I do not think would look amiss.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 12:55:27 PM »
Two good ideas, and I happen to have a box of poker chips that I bought just recently to use as markers while I await the official tokens.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:16 PM »
Nick, I forgot the take the tokens with me and things got busy prior to the con, so I'll have these out tomorrow for ya.  Should only take a day or two to get to you.

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
No problem.