Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:02:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: SnS at Fans Of Gaming game day II  (Read 3038 times)

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
SnS at Fans Of Gaming game day II
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:28:36 PM »
 Our second annual Fans Of Gaming game day was last Saturday (Nov. 2nd) and one of the games I ran was a SnS game.

After running two town fights in as many weekends, I opted for a more rural setting this time. The Scenario was that a gang of outlaws (6 men) had robbed a nearby town and a posse (12 men) set out to hunt them down. The game starts at a cabin in the hills that the gang has stopped at to rest. Much to the dismay of the old man and woman who live there. Five of the gang started in the cabin with the old couple, while one outlaw started in the outhouse (doin' his business). The posse broke into two groups and started on each short end of the table 12" on. For this game I dealt the weapons cards out to each side privately, because I didn't want them to know what the other side had. This had a profound effect on the game, because from the start the two outlaw players were convinced that the posse was all armed with repeaters and buffalo rifles.

All the outlaws had to do was get off one of the short ends of the table with the money they had stolen. Instead they cowered in fear in the cabin taking potshots at the ever tightening ring of lawmen. The funniest part of this is that the two guys playing the outlaws normally play WWII and are usually very aggressive. This time they were convinced that if they left the cabin they would be gunned down. No amount of nudging or name calling from me could get them to make a run for it. What they didn't know was that most of the posse was armed with pistols and shotguns, oh and two sticks of dynamite. lol The outlaws also drew one stick of dynamite, but they were so paranoid that they thought it was going to be fake. :D

About three turns in the posse got close enough to throw a stick of dynamite onto the porch, and it was all down hill from there. It blew off the porch and most of the front of the cabin. The outlaw with the money was killed (the money was blown up also), and two other outlaws were wounded. At this point the lawmen decided to rush the outlaws and the outlaws decided to (finally) leave the destroyed and burning cabin. The second lawman dynamite was thrown at the cabin causing more damage and killing the old woman. In the confusion the old man ran out of the front of the cabin to get away and was shot by one of the posse. They didn't believe me when I told them it was just an old farmer (I love paranoia in my games! :D). During most of this , the outlaw in the outhouse calmly finished his business (he needed to roll a 5 or 6 on a d6 to do anything else). I think all the explosions helped, because after the second one he came out shooting and pulling up his pants. lol

The final tally was all 6 outlaws dead, 4 posse dead, 3 posse wounded, 1 old woman dead, 1 old man wounded. All but 1 of the dead were within 10" of the cabin.

Once again Elbows this is a great game and no one found any problems with the rules.
Zombies make me poop!

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
Re: SnS at Fans Of Gaming game day II
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:30:41 PM »
Here are some more pics.

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 08:18:26 PM »
That looks like a blast - and that table is friggin' gorgeous!  :-*

(The 4Ground cabins are great aren't they...)
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:39 PM »
 Elbows, 

Thanks for the compliment on the table. It is made of 2'x2' hard foam tiles from Old Glory. They were a horrible pea green soup color (think Linda Blair's puke in exorcist) when I bought them. I repainted and flocked them and I use them for everything from 6mm Zulu War to 28mm Old West.

And yes I love 4ground prepainted buildings!

Jim

Offline FifteensAway

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:11:24 AM »
Stellar terrain and the most entertaining game right up I've come across.  Period.  Don't agree on the buildings, though - yes, they mostly look nice but those tabs stick out like a pink flamingo in antarctic with a hungry polar bear near by.  They really need to find a way to fix that.  Model railroad buildings using same basic technology don't have the problem so I know it is solvable.  Just a personal peeve, though, so don't get your long johns in a twist.  Really loved the description and plan to study that terrain in detail. Gorgeous.

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 03:33:11 AM »
FifteensAway,

I agree completely with you about the tabs. I think the reason I like them so much is that all you have to do is glue them together and they are done. I will be the first one to admit I am lazy, so if it saves me work I like it.  :D

Thanks for the compliments on the terrain and write up. I aim to entertain, and I'm sure I'll have a few more before too long. Elbows has come up with a good set of rules, and that makes my job a lot easier.

Jim

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 05:26:57 AM »
You're really just a shingle-kit away from fixing it. 

Offline philhendry

• Scientist
    • My Wargaming Website
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 07:35:48 AM »
The shingle kits make a huge difference to the appearance - well worth the effort in my opinion. As does painting the cut edges where they stand out most.

Offline grubman

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
Wait?...What is SnS?  I got exited, thought you were playing Shotguns-n-Saddles...but you must be playing some other SnS?
Mice-Aat-Arms Miniatures and Rules: https://rrbminis.com/mice-at-arms/

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 09:54:22 PM »
Wait?...What is SnS?  I got exited, thought you were playing Shotguns-n-Saddles...but you must be playing some other SnS?

Shoot and Skeedadle a game that is developing up....pretty damm good concept if you ask me.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 12:12:10 AM »
Grubman,

It's Shoot N' Skedaddle - I have a thread somewhere on here covering the development.

Offline Legionaire22

• Bookworm
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 03:38:42 AM »
Grubman,

Sorry for getting you confused. I guess I shouldn't have abbreviated it. You have sparked my curiosity however. What is Shotguns N Saddles? Never heard of it.

Jim

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:23 AM »
Yep, never heard of it...now I'm afraid I'll be considered a copy cat!  lol

Offline Heisler

• Scientist
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
Looks like its a set of Western RPG rules
It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)