Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:26:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690921
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 657
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Heading East  (Read 210534 times)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
Re: Fallout: Heading East - Raider Pyroclast
« Reply #810 on: June 18, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
Qwertee Has some NCR/BH t's for sale, but not as good as the last mad max batch. :)

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #811 on: June 19, 2015, 12:33:05 AM »
Already have the BoS one, not so keen on the NCR design.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #812 on: June 19, 2015, 12:43:09 AM »
Aye I was going to post that, but they're reprints of designs that I threw up here ages ago (and own myself). ...Ah, and couldn't be bothered too. Heh, but yes if people are interested in that sort of thing I'll post up whatever I see again, though there's plenty of American sites that carry Fallout tshirts already for similar prices (I just post the Qwertee ones as here the shipping's rock bottom).

In other news... Aye I'm redoing the Brother Vinni Eyebot that I have as it doesn't match the in-game one very well as it is right now (the antenna things are all wrong and its missing its laser). I've started on a mercenary too, but I'm not sure about her pose, which is really bugging me. =/

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout: Heading East - WIP The Mercenary
« Reply #813 on: June 19, 2015, 04:34:58 AM »
So something perhaps a bit meta, but anyone remember that sketch of a character of mine that I threw up here a while back?

Well I was sifting through a pile of models that I had set aside for the Enclave yesterday and came across a Crooked Dice pilot. Hacking off her arms and head I gave her an AK. Then a wee feeling hit me and I decided that I'd make that above wastelander.

There's some changes to the original design, though I tried to keep her close enough to it. She has hair for one, as in that sketch I was lazy and gave her an nonsensical hood. Yes it is a woman, even if the baggy trousers, combat armour and gas mask make that difficult to discern. Ah, and I only noticed it now, but her gas mask looks a tad Enclave like. The original idea I had for her was similar, but the sketch I did had more of a LA Riot Armour style one. Somehow I've managed to return to my first concept somehow. Bah!

Meh, I'm happy with she's turned out so far. Its the painting stage where I can screw up. Maybe if this goes well I'll make some of the other characters I've had ideas for. Perhaps I could take one of those spare Humvees I have and make the Brotherhood Humvee that turns up in that little fanfic of mine...

I've reworked my existing Brother Vinni Eyebot to an extent, giving it better placed antenna and a laser. It'll need a repaint too at this rate.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #814 on: June 19, 2015, 05:11:48 AM »
 :o
Cracking job (again)

8)

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #815 on: June 19, 2015, 06:53:19 AM »
Nice job on the sculpting for the Merc, she's coming together nicely.  :)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #816 on: June 19, 2015, 07:00:23 AM »
She is turning out pretty well.  Always good to see concepts come to life.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #817 on: June 19, 2015, 08:31:35 AM »
Cool Stuff!

Wyrmalla I think you have to take the merc a second time to your sculpting table! The feet are absolutly to small compared to the rest of the figure imo. And maybe try to fill the eyeholes of the mask a bit more to make it more looking like inserted glass lenses.

Greetz Delta

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #818 on: June 19, 2015, 04:01:28 PM »
Cool Stuff!

Wyrmalla I think you have to take the merc a second time to your sculpting table! The feet are absolutly to small compared to the rest of the figure imo. And maybe try to fill the eyeholes of the mask a bit more to make it more looking like inserted glass lenses.

Greetz Delta

I don't think the feet are too small actually, she's a woman after all, and women do have smaller feet.
I would try to fill the eyeholes though
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #819 on: June 19, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »
Feet are fine, do agree with the eyes now that I give her a 2nd glance.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #820 on: June 19, 2015, 06:42:32 PM »
@ DELTADOG

Heh, if there's any issue with the proportions being off chalk it up to the guy who sculpted the base model. Aye I could cover them in a bit of armour to make them look larger, but I think they just appear small from the angle in the shot. See she's wearing high heels, so they have a different profile. Yes though, blame it on the original sculptor. Heh, and yes the goggles need to be filled in too. I was going to, but wound up forgetting by the time I took the picture. ^^'

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout: Heading East - Painted Mercenary
« Reply #821 on: June 19, 2015, 11:48:54 PM »
Right, well I've painted up that Mercenary character and made the changes that were suggested. :)

There's another picture of her (with a different background and what I think is a higher resolution) over on DeviantArt too, though I'd rather not post up the same mini twice just because one's more colourful. =P

Anyhow, to recap my points about the model that I made ages ago when I first threw up that sketch. She's a Mercenary operating out of the Southern States during the NCR/Brotherhood War (i.e. just after the Enclave's defeat and before the Legion was as large of a presence). Her outfit's comprised of a set of Military Combat Armour (that generic green colour rather than the tan that appears in the newer games) over what appears to be an Enclave uniform of some sorts. Her gas mask also has Enclave tones, though its made of leather rather than an advanced plastic (not to say they weren't where it originated from). Her AK's a sporterised model, with an odd FG-42 style muzzle brake, which is there to sort of imply there's a bit of alternative history wizardry going on with it. And that's about it before I wind up waffling too much...

Or do people really want me to go back to the days when I posted paragraphs of background lore? ;)

There she is. Meanwhile on my painting table's some Enclave stuff, troopers in Combat Armour mostly. I'll see what I can do about them soonish.

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #822 on: June 20, 2015, 12:27:10 AM »
Merc looks good. Holy crap are you fast. lol

I, for one, enjoyed the background and fiction. For whatever that's worth.

~Eric

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #823 on: June 20, 2015, 01:45:46 AM »
I posted that Humvee yesterday a bit randomly, but for whatever reason I've decided to make it. Perhaps because its been a year since I made any of those and well they're cool looking vehicles ...if made from paper.

Super lazy photo away! * Yup that is the laptop that I'm typing this on right now. :)

Lazy cutting on that plasticard too, but that's what milliput's for.

The plan is to give it a roof rack filled with boxes and crap, plus maybe two side stowage racks too (similar to say the old US halftrack ones). Out of the passenger side window and leading onto a roof mounted searchlight array thing will be a load of cables to cement that this is a bit techier than your standard Humvee. Then it'll be a case of throwing on extra armour and what not.

Fluff wise its a Brotherhood Humvee that's crewed by a handful of Knights. The thing's laden with supplies and gear to denote that it travels between settlements, which the further South-East you head are less common (well before you go really far east and hit the Tactics and Fallout 3 Brotherhood, but they only made it that far through Airships).

In the wee bit of background (that I can remember) about this thing the Mercenary and her ex-Vault Dweller companion as they move West start seeing signs and hearing word of Brotherhood activity, though a lot of the Brotherhood have retreated from their outlaying bases due to the war back in California (only to lose most of what remain to the Legion). This is one of the Humvess that is still active out East, running what's left of the Brotherhood supply line. The Brotherhood keep a low profile mostly, but tend to threaten anyone who comes to close (having to rely more and more on trading with outsiders, even if the higher ups disagree). The characters of mine encounter the BoS at a distance mostly, though on one occasion the Humvee stops and the Knights notice the Pip-Boy on one of their wrists...

Hmn, could make the crew to go along with this possibly at some point. :)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout: Heading East - Start on a Brotherhood Humvee
« Reply #824 on: June 20, 2015, 09:30:54 PM »
Time to post more crap? I guess. :)

Right then, the Brotherhood Humvee's had a lot more work on it.

Why is half of the front windscreen blocked out? The passenger side in this vehicle's taken up by a fancy array of a search light and sensors, with a load of cabling coming out of the window on that side. Which does lead to the issue of this being a tad cramped and difficult to enter and exit, but meh, its post-apocalyptic; doesn't have to be practical. If nothing too jarring jumps out at anyone then it'll be onto painting it next.

I'm happy with how this is going so far. Of course its nothing on par with the Generation Kill stuff seen in the Conflicts that came in from the Cold board, but well its not as if I ever really tried to compete in the first place.;)