Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:02:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690898
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 884
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Fallout: Heading East  (Read 210525 times)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout: Heading East
« Reply #840 on: July 10, 2015, 08:16:10 AM »
You should try and make one of the new warhammer fantasy figs into a fallout powerarmor post apoc figure.

Eww...

Didn't they give away one of those with the magazine recently? All that cloth looks like its sculpted onto the torso and legs, and couldn't be removed without a knife. I guess they could be tribals or particularly fancy Brotherhood, but meh, I'd rather leave that up to someone else to try out, as the bajillion pound Games Workshop will be charging for those things doesn't really justify doing a random conversion on one. :)

Offline eMills

• Scientist
« Reply #841 on: July 11, 2015, 01:40:53 AM »
Eww...

Didn't they give away one of those with the magazine recently? All that cloth looks like its sculpted onto the torso and legs, and couldn't be removed without a knife. I guess they could be tribals or particularly fancy Brotherhood, but meh, I'd rather leave that up to someone else to try out, as the bajillion pound Games Workshop will be charging for those things doesn't really justify doing a random conversion on one. :)
Not sure how good those would be as a base for the reasons Wyrmalla mentioned and the sheer size of them. They are more like 35mm models. They would be silly big next to WF figures.

~Eric

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #842 on: July 11, 2015, 11:27:58 AM »
Well, judging from the size of power armors in the new one, I think they could work.

Offline JoeRugby

• Scientist
« Reply #843 on: July 11, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
I think they were pretty big (bigger character models) in the original fallouts too.

And the "life size" brotherhood of steel statue they had in game stores to promote fallout 3 is gigantic.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:14:29 PM by JoeRugby »

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #844 on: July 11, 2015, 02:13:48 PM »
Painting an Enclave trooper who's about a head taller than an average guy right now...  ;)

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Fallout: Heading East - The President's Men
« Reply #845 on: July 11, 2015, 04:41:40 PM »
Afternoon all.

I've been wanting to use that title for a year now. Originally it was penned in for an update which would have shown off a ton of different Enclave stuff which ...is currently sitting unpainted in a box, but well seeing as I don't really go for the same scale of groups as I used to here's the same update for my current work ethos.

I don't have particularly much Enclave stuff painted right now, at least not in a state which I'm happy about. So for the latest iteration of the faction I think I'll need the backbone. Here's a Enclave Trooper in Advanced Power Armour Mk1.

He's made form a Dust Tactics American in Power Armour (I don't know what they're called, but the same models are used for a few units). I reposed him slightly, gave him a new weapon and swapped out his head for a Brother Vinni one. Other than that its the paintjob and the preexisting resemblance to the in-game armour which sells it. People who have the memory for it may remember seeing this model a year ago unpainted... Yeah, I do get around to finishing stuff off eventually.

I've also repainted the surviving Eyebot as well (the other one wandered off mysteriously the first time I ever used it in a game...).

Nothing major. It was more about bringing the model more in line with how the rest of my current stuff is painted as well as modifying the Brother Vinni miniature so it looks more like the actual robot (his is missing the aerials and laser blaster).

Anyhow, here's an update to this thread inspite of this week's focus on the Stalker stuff. Frankly I just peg onto whatever I feel like at the time, but I have a game of Stalker this Tuesday so I've been focusing more on that lately. Ah right, and I have that 1950s future soldier being painted right now, but I forgot he existed as I painted this Enclave stuff. Maybe tomorrow then I suppose.

Offline Raxxus

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #846 on: July 11, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
That looks real nice :)

Offline magnusthetraitor

• Assistant
« Reply #847 on: July 12, 2015, 03:24:46 AM »
He turned out nicely! He would make a nice stand in for the heavy jump pack power armor from the fallout 4 game play video. :-)

Offline Constable Bertrand

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Make and Paint Blog
« Reply #848 on: July 13, 2015, 10:42:11 PM »
Ooh quertee has a fallout/Looney tunes  shirt.. not quite my cuppa tea... If anyone is interested.

Cheers
Matt.

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #849 on: July 22, 2015, 04:03:08 PM »
I liked your enclave conversion so much that I bought a few on sale.  Unfortunately, it looks like I got the Tank Hunters one.  You don't think integrated missle launcher arms are too un-Fallout do you?

Btw for my American/Canadian/Western Hemisphere people, if you're looking for deals on Dust Tactics stuff, Miniature Market is the place to go.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #850 on: July 22, 2015, 09:32:40 PM »
You could use those launchers as the basis for a turret or give them to a regular guy as the heavy grenade launcher from Fallout: New Vegas? They could work, though I'd just cut off that arm and replace it. The poses look like if you did you could fit in an arm carrying a rifle instead. Games Workshop Space Marine arms are around the same size (if you cut them down a bit and get rid of all the flowery details), so if you have a few of those around they could work. That or just sculpt one yourself, just a cocktail stick with some clay around it for the forearm and whatever loose hands you have around for the actual hand if you CBA doing that. :)

Edit: I do prefer my own Enclave Trooper to Brother Vinni's one. It has more of a presence, which I guess is fitting given that there wouldn't be many on the board at one time, so its more of a character model (till I make some more). His is a bit titchy to me. I guess with Fallout 4 they're going for the walking tank look, so this perhaps fits in more with that aesthetic. =P

Huh, there's a T-51b trooper with a .50cal sitting on my desk that I completely forgot about. ::)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:36:24 PM by Wyrmalla »

Offline Hupp n at em

• Mastermind
« Reply #851 on: July 22, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »
I suppose I could have a go at sculpting... I may have some arms around that work as well but we shall see, I like the idea of using them as turrets or emplacements though.

I do prefer my own Enclave Trooper to Brother Vinni's one. It has more of a presence, which I guess is fitting given that there wouldn't be many on the board at one time, so its more of a character model (till I make some more). His is a bit titchy to me. I guess with Fallout 4 they're going for the walking tank look, so this perhaps fits in more with that aesthetic. =P

Totally agree, it's why I picked a few up when I saw them on sale.  Your representation/Fallout 4 is more in line with the original lore anyway, I mean despite the numbers apparently produced, they were still meant to replace tanks on the battlefield operationally, so they should have quite a presence! lol  I was looking at the other Dust armors and the German one almost looks like T-45D, I'll need to hunt down some better photos though as the online store I was in did not have high resolution large images...

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #852 on: July 22, 2015, 10:37:15 PM »
I think that I did make something out of the German armour too. Going way back to 2013 with this...

The gun's from one of the regular American soldiers IIRC. Aye the armour's similar in its crudeness to T-45d, but its looks not as close as the American armour is to the Enclave suits, so if you were to use it you may as well call it another generation of power armour. I can see that being an earlier suit given that it lacks features like the shoulder hooks, doesn't have as combact a generator on the back, etc. Why is the T-45d smaller? Because they hadn't refined the manufacturing tecniques enough and so some components hadn't been miniaturized.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #853 on: September 22, 2015, 11:00:39 PM »
Yo. Pictures.

Yup.

Was bored of painting mud ruins ya see.

Deal with it. =P

Offline DELTADOG

• Mad Scientist
  • The two-handed G.E.C.K
« Reply #854 on: September 22, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »
Very cool Design! I like it. Has a bit Bladerunner Slumstyle! And don`t care about muddy colours  lol I´m dieing in Greytones^^