Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:31:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rob's Fallout Project  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Wastelander

• Schoolboy
Rob's Fallout Project
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:11:41 AM »
Hello, here is what I have built for fallout. I run combat zone by EM-4 in a Fallout setting.

From left to right, Sarah Lyons, Wasteland Medic, Super-Mutant, wastelander, tribal, enclave soldier. The tribal is from the wargames factory 'post-apocalyptic survivors: the women' set with a bow from the warames factory Orc set. In the background is a scratch built shack based upon the game.
a patrol protected by Sarah Lyons is attacked by tribals. The road is scratch built, while the factory remains are from the Baggage train.
The combat from a different angle.
The combat from yet another angle.
a few images of my wasteland terrain

Talon Company mercs advancing down the road
my Fallout diorama

I am currently building a tribal warband inspired by the fan-made film 'Fallout:Lanius' and I hope to post some photos of them soon.

Offline Wyrmalla

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Rob's Fallout Project
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »
Cool.  Neat ideas. You've a range of stuff there. Nice board, I eyed up that terrain once, but ...the poor student in me said "go get some sticks and make your own ya bum", still its nice to see it alongside some Fallout models.:D

How does that ruleset work for the game? Currently I'm using the 7Tv rules, but it'd be nice to hear someone else's opinion on how best to implement the series as a board game.

That rusted car's been appearing a few post apocalyptic threads, but for life of me I don't know the source. Any heads up? ^^

Anyhow, convoluted posting aside, its nice to see another Fallout thread. Now go on and post a battle report of one of your games.

Offline JackTR

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
Some good stuff there.

What do you use for the sand floor ? Is it a textured rug ?

Offline Wastelander

• Schoolboy
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 12:22:01 PM »
The car is from 'Marx Cars of the Future 19902 reissues' which I got off Ebay. Unfortunately the sale is now over and I wish I had bought more before it had ended. I am currently trying to scratchbuild a Flea car (the three wheeler) amongst my many projects.

The mat is from Ziterdes, available from the Guagemaster site: http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_results.asp?searchstring=brand~~653~~brand%20category~~1252~~category&style=&andor=&method=kws&strtype=&currentpage=3#3 It is 'Gaming Mat Gravel Beige Z12091' and it is quite large. Mine took a few weeks to arrive from Germany, but it made about two gaming mats for Combat Zone.

Combat Zone is a fast paced squad level skirmish wargame which works based on action points. It works well for up to 20-25 figures, but games take a bit longer after that. I am currently running the game at my university wargames and rpg club. There will be a game this Sunday, which I could take a few pictures and some notes from. Although I have been running the system for two years, not all of my miniatures and scenery is painted. As regards Combat Zone, I have made a few alterations to the rules and additional weapons to better suit the Fallout universe. I will post these once the Super Mutant rules have been tested.

I am looking forward to Fallout 4, but I hope it will not subtract from my studies.

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 02:32:21 PM »
The mat is from Ziterdes, available from the Guagemaster site: http://www.gaugemaster.com/search_results.asp?searchstring=brand~~653~~brand%20category~~1252~~category&style=&andor=&method=kws&strtype=&currentpage=3#3 It is 'Gaming Mat Gravel Beige Z12091' and it is quite large. Mine took a few weeks to arrive from Germany, but it made about two gaming mats for Combat Zone.

It would appear they don't send 'em outside of Germany any longer. You will have to look for a reseller near you...
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
Pretty cool, brother Vinny makes the BOS and enclave right?
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Wastelander

• Schoolboy
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 11:56:25 AM »
The BOS soldier is made from a Brother Vinni body and a 'Women heads' head by Maxmini. The Enclave soldier is an unconverted Brother Vinni miniature.