Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:12:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690834
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Routiers!  (Read 4371 times)

Offline CaptainHaddonCollider

• Scientist
Routiers!
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to show off some medievals I've painted up for a small game of Routiers! I'm planning on running for some mates in a few weeks. The Routiers! rules are, simply put, my own adaption of the SAGA system and thus good for small skirmishes set in the french countryside during the Hundred Years War.

Looters:

Lowland Pikemen:

"Knights"

Handgonnes:

And last, but not least, the leader of the Brigans delivering tender mercy to a fallen enemy (or treacherous former friend). Cookie for guessing which beloved fictional character he was based on...:

Miniatures from Perry, Ebob, Claymore and Foundry.

I'm currently working on some more villagers for the Brigans to pester. So far it's only a priest and his "flock":

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
Re: Routiers!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »
Ser Gregor looks great! I seem to remember that the miniature is supposed to be William Wallace, is that right? It looks like it could be about huge enough.

Painting is great all round. Are the other knights also painted with Westeros heraldry?

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:40:47 PM »
I really like the cavalry, makes me want to get back to my own medieval stuff, just a bit intimidated by big 28mm figures after painting 15mms for a while now!  ;D

Offline Gibby

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
Those are all brilliant! I love the Ser Gregor type chap. I really like the blokes carrying the chest as well. Those old medieval hoods should come back into fashion!

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
Thanks for the kind replies, gents! I took some time off to paint some archers for the project. As there were no uniforms untill much later, I opted for the classic GW method of using some of the same colours spread over the unit, with tiny variations of hue and scheme. In the end it came out as a uniform anyway :?

I guess I'm just too much of a fantasy painter for historicals, but oh well, no harm done.
I also took some photos of the civilians I've already completed. I always enjoy when there are extra models on the table during games with no other purpose than to stand around and be awesome, so I recently bought a large lot of different medieval civilians with the sole purpose of adding some life to the battles being played.

A small wagon with some casualties. They're all wearing 15th century garb as opposed to the 14th century stuff the other civies are wearing, but you'll have to deal with the blatant use of timetravel here.

Offline Little Odo

• Mastermind
    • Little Odo's Grand Days Out
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »
Some lovely figures there. The painting makes the unit look like a cohesive whole, so I think that is a good thing - easy to recognise on the tabletop
Little Odo's Grand Days Out
http://littleodo.blogspot.co.uk/

• Scientist
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
I've just finished up my first War-wagon for my tabor, and thought I'd share it here as well:

Nothing fancy, simply a Perry WoTR supply wagon on a homemade base. The crossbowmen are from Perry, the polearmsman from Claymore and the archer is an old Bretonnian I had lying about.

While not completely historical correct, I think the wagon works pretty well as is, and I'll not be adding any additional defensive board to this one. I might however for the next, just to see if I can come up with anything. They're cheaper than the 1st corpse wagons, although a tad smaller.

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
Damn, the pics will not show up on my phone. Got to check this out tomorrow.
"Peace" is that brief, glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

- Anonymous

Offline Modhail

• Mastermind
    • http://modhails-meanderings.blogspot.com/
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 12:23:28 PM »
Lovely painting on a lovely collection of figures.  :-*
Any chance of getting some pics of them in a game? If your terrain matches your figures in style and quality, that should be a real treat to see...

Offline commissarmoody

• Galactic Brain
    • Moodys Adventures
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »
This is a great start!

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:19:29 PM »
Can someone link me to that miniature he used for Ser Gregor?

Cause I want a Gregor my self for my SOIAF project  :D
''Its so much easier to build something new than work up the courage to actually paint some.'' -Wyrmalla (2015)

Offline Gandalf the G

• Librarian
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 12:08:19 AM »
Can someone link me to that miniature he used for Ser Gregor?

Cause I want a Gregor my self for my SOIAF project  :D

http://www.ebobminiatures.com/products/rebellion.htm#heroes

I think it is the "William Wallace, Guardian of Scotland" but with another head? Not sure if it is an optional head or a conversion, though.

Offline doowopapocalypse

• Scientist
    • Random Encounters
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 04:07:55 PM »
Great looking stuff.
It's nothing, sir. Just a burn from a ray gun.

Offline LordOdo

• Mastermind
    • StormToren (my wargame blog)
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 05:36:42 PM »
http://www.ebobminiatures.com/products/rebellion.htm#heroes

I think it is the "William Wallace, Guardian of Scotland" but with another head? Not sure if it is an optional head or a conversion, though.

Thanks!

Offline bishop lord

• Bookworm
    • In the hall of the plastic king.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »
Some great looking figs there :)
"If you've come to kill me, even these days it is not easy"