Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:57:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690833
  • Total Topics: 118354
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Weird Wars and Alien Invasion Website and Hello  (Read 7911 times)

Offline TheOlivant

• Bookworm
Weird Wars and Alien Invasion Website and Hello
« on: November 22, 2013, 06:36:09 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I have just joined the forum, I haven't had chance to look around much yet, I think it will take a few weeks to do so properly as there is so much to see and read, I am a wargamer. I don't want to rant on my first post, so I will leave it at that, Hello!

I have posted here in the Weird Wars section as it is the area that is closest to my heart, along with WWI, WWII and Modern.

I have a website dedicated to Weird Wars and Alien Invasions, please take a look: http://weirdwars.pbworks.com

Regards

Wolt

Offline von Lucky

• Galactic Brain
  • Melbourne, Australia
    • Donner und Blitzen Wargaming
Re: Weird Wars and Alien Invasion Website and Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:47 AM »
Welcome Wolt, enjoy your stay.

You have some nice miniatures on your blog; you'll have to share them in more detail.
- Karsten

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: Donner und Blitzen

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Sci-Fi blog - Task Force Thor
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 01:04:45 AM »
Hey, your thread should be getting more love! All those 15mm armies look great. Are you planning on a Japanese force?

Offline TheOlivant

• Bookworm
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:13:47 PM »
I have a jinx with Japanese Armies, don't know why, don't know how. I usually go for the Japanese(Pacific) armies once I have done the European theatre which means my steam is starting to run out on the project by that point.

That said, I would have loved to have done a 15mm DP9 Walker heavy army but they are sadly OOP now.... so can find little to start me off, any ideas?

I have the Japanese in 10mm WW2 which have some crazy tank-planes but could find little Weirdness for them.

And no to 28mm Japanese armies, as the scale gets bigger so does the cost !

Do you have any Japanese Eyecandy for me to see ?

regards

Wolt

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:23:42 PM »
I have a jinx with Japanese Armies, don't know why, don't know how. I usually go for the Japanese(Pacific) armies once I have done the European theatre which means my steam is starting to run out on the project by that point.

That said, I would have loved to have done a 15mm DP9 Walker heavy army but they are sadly OOP now.... so can find little to start me off, any ideas?

I have the Japanese in 10mm WW2 which have some crazy tank-planes but could find little Weirdness for them.

And no to 28mm Japanese armies, as the scale gets bigger so does the cost !

Do you have any Japanese Eyecandy for me to see ?

regards

Wolt

Unfortunately no, that's why I was asking if you were thinking about doing one. I've always wanted to do a Japanese force (28mm or 15mm) but it's very difficult to find inspiration  :?

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »
If you've in the Good old US of A - Noble Knight Games always seem to have a stock of Gear Krieg mini's. Though I think you maybe UK based (looking at the mix of mini's on show lots of Clockwork Goblin  :D).

I do have a few Gear Krieg walkers laying about (about 20, I think - across American, British and German models), mostly not built, that I could (possibly) move on - the project never really took flight - though the purchasing did   ::)

Offline Lord GreyWolf

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 01:25:25 AM »
Wolt great blog and your tanks look awesome...

Where did you get all of the German E-100's Maus and other big boys from?

Nobleknight does do the Gear Kreig stuff but not a massive range and pricing seems to be ok not the inflated amount Evilbay wants.

looking forward to seeing what else you put together in 15mm..
And thx for your comments on my project to...

LGW

Offline TheOlivant

• Bookworm
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 01:40:42 PM »
The 15mm E-100's come from either Forged in Battle(Maus, E50, E-100), Heer46(E50, E75, E-100 Range) or Peter Pig(Maus).

It's well worth keeping an eye on Heer46, the models are excellent and the range is growing quite quickly. I hear through the grapevine that there are plans afoot for at least one American super heavy tank in 2014 !! No guess needed :o)

I asked him if he was intending on doing the British Tortoise too: sadly, or not?, no comment!

Yes, I am after DP9 15mm Mechs if anyone has any to sell , I am happy to pay £7.50 each for as new and negotiate for built, painted? - It's an illness of mine..

Anyone know where to get 28mm DP9 Mechs where they are in stock?

regards

Wolt

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 09:41:37 AM »
Yes, I am after DP9 15mm Mechs if anyone has any to sell , I am happy to pay £7.50 each for as new and negotiate for built, painted? - It's an illness of mine..
You are talking the old RAFM 1/87 scale Heavy Gears right?

Anyone know where to get 28mm DP9 Mechs where they are in stock?

regards

Wolt
There was only ever one 28mm Heavy Gear that was produced IIRC. And wasn't produced in a vast number. I have seen them on the net but never in person. Was it even a retail model that was actually sold?

Grimm

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
Unfortunately no, that's why I was asking if you were thinking about doing one. I've always wanted to do a Japanese force (28mm or 15mm) but it's very difficult to find inspiration  :?

Not wanting to hijack the thread, but sounds like it's time to dig out my old project again.  ;)

Split into two parts:

http://whiteknight.skynetblogs.be/weird-war-ii-japan/

http://whiteknight.skynetblogs.be/world-war-ii-japan/

A few teasers:

Offline Predatorpt

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 04:35:48 PM »
Thanks White Knight!  :o

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
You are talking the old RAFM 1/87 scale Heavy Gears right?
There was only ever one 28mm Heavy Gear that was produced IIRC. And wasn't produced in a vast number. I have seen them on the net but never in person. Was it even a retail model that was actually sold?

Grimm

The Gear Krieg minis produced by DP9 were (are) in 15mm. I'm still hoping that things will come together and they'll get re-released.

The 28mm models being referenced are the Company B miniatures. The best way to inquire is to email them and ask when they'll do a new batch.

Fusion Models, a spin-off of DP9 did a 1/35 scale Grizzly, and that's the large-sized Heavy Gear that you're thinking of.
Read "Alfie's Tenners", appearing in Aurora magazine!
Expand your GK forces with cardboard models, available on DriveThruRPG!http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?cPath=4773_4902
Your ad here, for a low price!

Offline TheOlivant

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 10:52:01 PM »
Thanks White Knight wonderful site..

Wolt

Offline SBMiniaturesGuy

• Mad Scientist
    • SBMiniguys Blog for all things OstFront
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 08:28:41 PM »
Company B also carries 28mm GearKrieg mecha, the US General Early, German Valkyrie and Japanese Shi-Ki. There are also some Japanese zombies: http://035f399.netsolhost.com/Gears_gutssalepage.html
Play the game, not the players!
http://sbminisguy.wordpress.com/
Author for THW/NUTS, Rebel Minis, HR Games

Offline Jakar Nilson

• Scientist
    • My DeviantArt portfolio
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
An update from DP9's Facebook page this morning:

For fans of our Heavy Gear Fleet Scale and Gear Krieg miniatures that were removed from sale earlier in 2013, we want you to know that they are only on a production hiatus. These older miniatures have lots of molds that need to be run just to make one miniature blister for smaller orders, which is not cost effective. Making them available for only one month at a time, consolidates all the smaller orders and makes them profitable again. We are planning on bring back the Heavy Gear Fleet Scale miniatures in January 2014 for one month and then the Gear Krieg miniatures in February 2014 for one month. After the month of sales they each will retire for six months before that are available again.