Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690731
  • Total Topics: 118344
  • Online Today: 947
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Mad Max: Fury Road - Comic-Con Trailer  (Read 9409 times)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
Re: Mad Max: Fury Road - Comic-Con Trailer
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2014, 03:56:04 AM »
The old Dark Future minis, I have about 15 gangers and maybe 5 police.  They're the only bikes I know in 20mm.

I have some of the Stan Johansen bikes, and some of the bikes and quads from Aberrant Games 'Warlands' range:  http://store.aberrantgames.com/wlgaac.html

They have some stuff right out of Mad Max in 20mm.

Jake
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2014, 04:11:56 AM »
Just found this on another site about the "full body" tattoo Max decides to get (probably while pissed) in the trailer. It reads:

No lumps No B

Two good eyes No

Piss (OK) Genitals intact

Multiple scars Heals fast

O-NEGATIVE HI OCTANE

UNIVERSAL DONOR

Lone Road Warrior Rundown

the Powder Lakes (NO)

No supplies

PSYCHOTIC

Muzzled

So his captors obviously intend on keeping him (Oh can we keep him dad?)!  :o

I am really keen to see this now.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 04:13:37 AM by Furt »
“A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

http://adventuresinlead.blogspot.com/

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2014, 06:57:55 AM »
I got the distinct impression he was being tattooed (actually looks more like he's being branded) against his will. Like, the story the trailer seems to be telling is he gets captured by some wasteland raider tribe/cult, they brand/tattoo him for some reason, then he gets sprung from their custody when the raiders cross paths with Charlese Theron's character. That could be bollocks though: could just as easily be random "cool" shots in no particular order in regards to story.

I'm curious as to where in the timeline this movie is set. Tom Hardy is (and looks) younger than Max IIRC was supposed to be as of Thunderdome. The stuff I've been reading all suggests this is a straight continuation of the existing continuity, not a reboot or branching continuity. Don't recall if we ever saw him shirtless in Thunderdome or Road Warrior (been a long time since I've seen the films in their entirety).

Is it just me, or does Hardy look a bit like a haggard James Dean in the few glimpses of his face we get there?

Cool random irrelevant detail I just noticed: Charlese Theron's character has a prosthetic left arm (duh), and the door of her truck has a skeleton arm painted on it right where her left arm would be if she were driving with it hanging out the window.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:25:21 AM by Connectamabob »
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline Furt

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Barbarous...
    • "Adventures in Lead"
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »
I got the distinct impression he was being tattooed (actually looks more like he's being branded) against his will.

Yeah I did actually get that impression too Connectamabob (I was being facetious).  ;)

I'm curious as to where in the timeline this movie is set. Tom Hardy is (and looks) younger than Max IIRC was supposed to be as of Thunderdome. The stuff I've been reading all suggests this is a straight continuation of the existing continuity, not a reboot or branching continuity. Don't recall if we ever saw him shirtless in Thunderdome or Road Warrior (been a long time since I've seen the films in their entirety).

From the Mad Max wiki:
Mad Max: Fury Road is an upcoming 2015 film, the fourth instalment in the action movie Mad Max franchise and will succeed the events of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Though I don't quite know how that can be, on the condition of the Interceptor alone (it exploded in Mad Max 2), and also on Max's condition. If I knew better it surely fits between 1 and 2. But I could be wrong...

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2014, 12:04:48 PM »
Yeah I did actually get that impression too Connectamabob (I was being facetious).  ;)

From the Mad Max wiki:
Mad Max: Fury Road is an upcoming 2015 film, the fourth instalment in the action movie Mad Max franchise and will succeed the events of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Though I don't quite know how that can be, on the condition of the Interceptor alone (it exploded in Mad Max 2), and also on Max's condition. If I knew better it surely fits between 1 and 2. But I could be wrong...

To my eye I would agree that it looks more like it's placed in between 1 & 2, but of course that doesnt answer how the interceptor didnt survive this or the tats that get added.

It will be a fun ride!!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka