Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689257
  • Total Topics: 118267
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Walking Dead is......(!!SPOILERS!!)  (Read 24400 times)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
Re: The Walking Dead is......
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 12:34:18 PM »
@maxxon: the world of walking dead isn't a nice place bud, neither was what he did to Michone in the comicbook. Yes her revenge was bordering on the extreme; it was contextual.

@Silent Invader: hi Steve. I think the arc is fine, yes a little long winded at times but the infection/flu arch has worked and the added paranoia brought by it has worked well.

I take it you saw this week's Governor fill in story? Worked well I thought,  and showed that that world changes people totally but not finally...

We'll see more next week
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Ruther

• Librarian
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
I guess there might be some good stuff on french/scandinavian TV but you cant get much of thet here in germany and german movie/tv productions are just plain bad (in my oppinon). Ofc there is always some good independent movie but we tlaking about the general mainstream media (which in case of hollywood still produices good shows even for main stream tv). But enough of that rambling  :D

I think that real humans in the same situation would degrade even farther, i dont think the torture stuff was to extreme (its just shows how the moral compas stops working when society crumbles).

I know the whole prison story is abit dragging and they still making the same stupid mistakes, they really should have grown out with surviving for such a long time but thats just becasue its still just a tv show (would be cool if they showed some real wel thought out precautions and survivor stuff tho).
The current story arc about the Governor started very well ... it shows that nothing is just black and white ... which is a nice thing for a tv show. The Governor is actually more interessting in the show than in the comics. Looking forward to next week as well  :).
There stands jackson like a stonewall

Offline NickNascati

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 02:24:31 PM »
From what I've been told by my son in law, (who got me watching the series),  this season they have pretty much tossed out any connection to the graphics novels.  I am enjoying the episodes so far, and son in law thinks they made a wise move.  I just hope they don't pull the plug on it as they did with "Copper", "The Borgias", "Magic City" and "The white Queen".

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »
OMG! They're attacking the prison?!?!
Spoiler...  :'(

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 08:47:07 PM »
I guess there might be some good stuff on french/scandinavian TV but you cant get much of thet here in germany and german movie/tv productions are just plain bad (in my oppinon).
I do't know which part of Germany you live, but I saw all the scandinavian stuff in the public tv. Some Horror-stuff only on pay-TV. Germany has also good stuff, not all of them are so well known. On the main program it is mostly mainstream orientation.
The budget in germany is not as big as in USA. On the other side a lot of shows end after only one season like alcatraz or in the "middle of nowhere" like jericho after two seasons.

Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline itchy

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »
enjoyed it all so far , when I don't like it any more I will stop watching .

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2013, 10:15:22 PM »
'Zombie Apocalypse' stories have a limited shelf life really. After a while they must become 'Mad Max', with the zombies being just another survival threat, or you ramp it up with ever sillier mutants.

The story is either depressing or uplifting, depending on what happens to your survivor/s in the end, but if you try to drag it out too long you lose the important horror and abandonment aspects.

Frankly the most enjoyable bit for me is boring the hell out of the missus, telling her how we'll loot the garden centre of all their tools and seeds, then take over Cardiff Castle, lock the gates and turn the interior lawns into a giant vegetable patch. All we need then are some goats (sheep would be easier in Wales) and we're well set up.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2013, 10:45:20 PM »
There's a bunch of cold war backyard bunkers where I grew up, that's where I thought I'd end up when the zombies rise....

I agree, the shelf life for these things can be measured in weeks, perhaps a few months at most before they really lose almost all trace of shock. Which should make sense, just look at how routine they clear the fences and go out on a patrol.  The zombies could be wold animals for all the fuss, but then for the audience, one of the fundamental draws, the shock at the breakdown of society, disappears and you're at MM.
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline fitterpete

• Mad Scientist
  • Maryland, U.S.A.
Re: The Walking Dead is......(POTENTIAL FOR SPOILERS!)
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »
I have dreams that Wyatt Twerp(AKA Carl) just ends the whole governor story by popping a bullet in him during a negotiation.Then he looks at his dad and says "You should have done that last season stupid"
That whole parley seen had me yelling at the screen "Just shoot the asshole Rick!"
So I guess it still has my interest :D

Offline Grimmnar

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2013, 03:21:09 AM »
that was ages ago. what season are you on over there?
Spoiler below..................

Scurv,

He is up to date and on par with what is going on this coming week's episode.

Grimm

Offline Ruther

• Librarian
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2013, 08:17:52 AM »
@NurgleHH
I havent watched german television in 12 years by now. Just look once in a while whats up when i'm on business trips in hotels and i read about the new shows/movie productions when they come out. You never know they could come out with soemhting good by a long shot ... ok a very, very long one  :D.
I like the documentations (besides the overblown ww2 stuff ...) they make high quality stuff there ... but that completly now runs off topic rnage so we could discuss that via pm  ;).

I guess i just cant never get enough pictures of bleak pa futures ... WD does some good stuff there when they get out of the prison. The z's are just there to lift the normal thread level on a higher stage while the real thread are still the humans.
Have to get me the new episode to night ... sounds good  ;).

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 11:52:51 AM »
that was ages ago. what season are you on over there?
I was joking mate. I thought the "OMG" was a big tell. ;)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2013, 12:37:44 PM »
thank god for that. I thought I had spoiled it.

I dont mind them myself because I forget most everything after about a week max. The only thing I still remember about series one was the guy getting out of the tank by the underside escape hatch. I remember that because my mate who comes over to watch it could not figure out how he was going to get out and was rather impressed when I told him those tanks have a hatch in the floor.

I remember that from Tank the movie... :)

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2013, 02:26:34 PM »
was that about russian tankers in the 'ghan?

You're thinking of The Beast, good flick.

This was 'Tank' 1984 with James Garner.  He was a Sgt Major with his own reconstructed Sherman Tank, fully operational with ammo....lol  He goes up against perennial cracker, G.D. Spradlin.  Actually, a fun movie.  There's even a Three's Company alum in it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088224/

Online Silent Invader

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2013, 03:54:31 PM »
Anyways ...... And back to the walking dead ..... ;) :)
My LAF Gallery is HERE
Minis (foot & mounted) finished in 2024 = 32
(2023 = 151; 2022 = 204; 2021 = 123; 2020 = ???)