Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:56:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Just finished our first game/ post-game questions  (Read 2138 times)

Offline forcedperfect

• Bookworm
Just finished our first game/ post-game questions
« on: November 28, 2013, 03:46:06 AM »
hi, all!

the wife and i just finished our first game.  at the end of things, i wound up with two major injuries and one surviving agent, my character.  my two major injuries resulted in a full recovery for one agent and a deep hatred of fishmen for the other (which i officially share with him after that game- ouch).  as everyone survived, i need some clarification on the build/base point situation in the re-equip phase.

1) as my list remains at the original 15 points that it started at, does my surviving character still get his +1 BP skill for surviving/ winning the scenario, or am i maxed out?  does that BP add to the base or build cost of the character?

2) does the 15 point limitation now apply only to base points, and i can buy as much in build points as i like (accepting that the lurkers will get exponentially more nasty as i do so)?

all in all, we had a total riot, and look forward to our next game.  thanks to the UMW crew for putting this one together, we'll be building boards for this one for a while!

-fp

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
Re: Just finished our first game/ post-game questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
Glad to hear your first match produced a suitable amount of mayhem and carnage!  Mike is going a little crazy with projects at the moment (I just received the most verbose email from him I've ever seen...) so I'll step in to answer your questions:

1) If you won the game, one surviving model gains a Skill and adds +1 Base Point.  You can always add Base Points through Skill gains, regardless of how many Base Points your list already has (this is the only way you're ever allowed to exceed 15 Base Points).

2) Spot on: Re-equip allows for 15 Base Points max (ie. you can't recruit new models if you're at - or over, as in the above scenario - the limit) and unlimited Build Points (at your own peril).  No re-equip for you just yet though, as all of your models survived!

Offline forcedperfect

• Bookworm
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »
thanks for the speedy answer, lidless! 

i'm still a bit murky on the difference between base and build points, will dig into the rulebook to see if i can answer my own questions.  hope everyone's well in the snowy north!

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 09:05:18 AM »
It is really simple, but people confuse them because they are all on "b" I suppose.

Base points are "basic" - starting cost of a model +1 for every extra skill after the free one he has. So your character alone can get 10 skills and becomes worth 15 base points. This means he will be alone if everyone else dies.

Build points are weapons and equipment. You can give everyone a tommy gun and a civil war sabre ( for example), and that would really skyrocket your total points. But you can only add new weapons if someone dies or you trade in a trophy.

Offline forcedperfect

• Bookworm
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 08:35:57 PM »
ok, sorry guys. i've re-read the book and the faq and the responses here, and i'm sure there's just some little thing that i'm missing, but i'm still a bit confused. 

the starting points of combined build and base points can't exceed 15.  got that. 

1) but when am i allowed to add more equipment/ recruit more agents for the list?  someone has to die first?

2) at what point does the 15-point restriction become base points only, and not base + build? 

thanks for your help, all.  don't mean to be a pest.

-fp

Offline LidlessEye

• Mad Scientist
  • Recovering Cultist
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 08:53:19 PM »
No worries, this tends to cause a bit of confusion the first time out.  You can indeed only re-equip when a member of your squad is killed.  The 15 base+build restriction only applies to your initial build.  Once you've starting playing with a list, the only restriction you'll ever face going forward is the 15 Base Point limit.

Offline forcedperfect

• Bookworm
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 12:24:16 AM »
thanks, lidless! 

ok, so i can't do anything to change the list till someone dies, but after that first casualty it's open season on new recruits and equipment (respecting the 15 base point limit)?

many thanks, guys.  excited to get on to our next game!

-fp

Offline Mathyoo

• Scientist
    • My blog here!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 01:34:37 PM »
Either someone dies or you trade in a trophy (that you get in a "trophy hunt" scenario). But he has to actually die (1-3 roll for a civilian on major injury or 11-15 roll on the injury table).
Then you can go from initial 15 points starting limit to whatever you please, as it has been said. So, in theory you could have up to 11 members (5 for character and + 10 civilians), but with every skill your character would get, you wouldn't be able to recruit new member if someone dies. As skill gives him extra +1 base point, he would be worth 6,7,8 etc points (if you'd give skills only to him, ofc), so you would have 16, 17, 18 etc BASE points and you wouldn't be able to recruit new guy until enough people die. But there is no limit for build points after the first game :P

Offline forcedperfect

• Bookworm
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
all right, think i've finally got it!  thank you both so much!

-fp