Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:26:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691097
  • Total Topics: 118372
  • Online Today: 880
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision: Future Combat, free QRS released  (Read 24161 times)

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
Re: Victory Decision: Future Combat released
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2013, 11:06:20 AM »
The computers at my school are giving an error when trying to print the PDF's. I think its a problem at my end of things but I wanted to put it out there to check if anybody else hapens to have the same problem.
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »
The computers at my school are giving an error when trying to print the PDF's. I think its a problem at my end of things but I wanted to put it out there to check if anybody else hapens to have the same problem.
Had the same problem with the download from saturday. Re-loaded it at sunday and it worked on my iMac. Try to reload it
Victory Decision Vietnam here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=43264.0

Victory Decision Spacelords here: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=68939.0

My pictures: http://pictures.dirknet.de/

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2013, 01:26:55 PM »
Sorry folks - There was a problem from Wargames Vaults side.

I provided a perfectly printable pdf.
They "enhanced" the pdf to make the watermarking faster, unfortunately with the side-effect that printing was no more possible.
I reported the problem yesterday to them and received the following answer:
"Hi Agis,
Sorry for the hassle, the (watermarking) software shouldn't do that but for some reason every now and then it does. I've sent this in to the tech guys to have it shut off for your title and to reload the original."

So again, sorry for the inconvenience. If something like this happened to you feel free to contact the Wargame Vault directly!
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline kenohhkc

• Scientist
  • I Can't Help Myself
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2013, 03:13:14 PM »
it happened to me.

Offline Keeper Nilbog

• Scientist
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »
And me - just have to keep trying I think, from what people are saying

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2013, 01:45:11 AM »
Having just bought into the Battlesystems kickstarter I'm looking for rules that can handle combat inside buildings or ships...boarding actions...with multiple levels in the bigger rooms.  How does this rule set deal with inside combat?

Cheers,

Blue
My Painting/Collecting Blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

"Jesus weeps when people buy resin." ...Hammers March 2012

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
Having just bought into the Battlesystems kickstarter I'm looking for rules that can handle combat inside buildings or ships...boarding actions...with multiple levels in the bigger rooms.  How does this rule set deal with inside combat?

I have to be honest - the rules included are only glancing these topics.
I have a section on storming buildings, fighting inside the building, but nothing like detailed room to room , multi level combat.

However, I also looked very seriously at the Battlesystems kickstarter and terrain like this can be easily handled.
You just have to agree which section provides which cover level etc.
If you took the pains and decide in advance which bigger terrain piece has which game stats you can easily blow things up or shoot at it until it crumbles.
The rules include a guideline how to create gaming values/ characteristics for terrain pieces.

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2013, 01:18:19 PM »
Re-downloaded but still getting the error. Contacted WGV now hoping for an answer.

Meanwile reading the rules I think I like them. Pretty bucket of dice still but very fast playing wiht multiple rules specifically stating things should be kept simple and clear to prevent the hastle of judging if over half a model and its unit is in cover etc. Really like that.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2013, 04:00:16 PM »
Re-downloaded but still getting the error. Contacted WGV now hoping for an answer.

After contacting Wargame Vault 4 times and lost my nerve, I deleted the files that were "corrupted" by WV and replaced them with my original printable files, please try again!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
Meanwile reading the rules I think I like them. Pretty bucket of dice still but very fast playing wiht multiple rules specifically stating things should be kept simple and clear to prevent the hastle of judging if over half a model and its unit is in cover etc. Really like that.

Makes me happy, another design goal fulfilled!

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
I have to be honest - the rules included are only glancing these topics.
I have a section on storming buildings, fighting inside the building, but nothing like detailed room to room , multi level combat.

However, I also looked very seriously at the Battlesystems kickstarter and terrain like this can be easily handled.
You just have to agree which section provides which cover level etc.
If you took the pains and decide in advance which bigger terrain piece has which game stats you can easily blow things up or shoot at it until it crumbles.
The rules include a guideline how to create gaming values/ characteristics for terrain pieces.

thanks for your honest and direct answer....it gives me a lot to think about.  My gaming buddies are all gamers that I have groomed into 3rd ed Warhammer FB players...they do not have any other tabletop game experience...so I was leaning toward using the old Rogue Trader 40k rules and adapting them to this new terrain...just so that the framework of the game would be familiar to them.  However...your system sounds very interesting and flexible...I like the idea of a continuous reaction system that keeps both sides involved in each aspect of the turn so no one is standing around twiddling their thumbs while the other guys moves all his figures around sounds like a nice change.

For the excellent value you are offering I might just get your rules to explore if nothing else.

Thanks again,

Chris

Offline NurgleHH

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scatterbrained Genius
  • Spacelord
    • Victory Decision Vietnam
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2013, 08:42:41 PM »
ViDe:Fut is updated at Wargames Vault. I think now every one can print it.

Offline Blue in vt

• Mastermind
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »
 :D

Well I just went ahead and grabbed a pdf copy...the price was right!  lol initial glance looks fantastic...I'm looking forward to a good read thru tonight.

cheers,

Blue

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2013, 09:40:53 PM »
:D

Well I just went ahead and grabbed a pdf copy...the price was right!  lol initial glance looks fantastic...I'm looking forward to a good read thru tonight.
Thanks, and have fun reading!

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2013, 10:14:14 PM »
Just received the following info from the Vault: "They've ("WV tech guys") taken the watermarking off your title at least for now, and it seems to be working normally. As it turns out, we've had this problem across all of our sites the last couple of days intermittently, and you're one of several publishers that this bug decided to mess with, while most have had no problems at all. Our techs have been working with the company that provides our watermarking program the last couple of days trying to figure it out, and they're still working on it."

So all should be working fine now.
Sorry about the hassle.