Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision: Future Combat Kolossus stats  (Read 2970 times)

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Victory Decision: Future Combat Kolossus stats
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:00:38 AM »
Given that I have a significant number of AT-43 Red Blok Kolossus miniatures I thought I would take a stab at creating some stats for them in Victory Decision: Future Combat. The Hardshell Power Armour Combat Suit Squad is a good basis but the Kolossus is a clanking mass of metal and not the elegant technical solutions that the Hardshell Power Armour suit is.

Kolossus Infantry Support Armoured Suit Squad: 90pts

The Kolossus are legendary units. They can easily absorb the fire of a machine gun and walk through the most violent artillery barrages. Some have even resisted the fire of antitank weapons. These monsters are deployed as anti-personnel units. Light weapons can hope to do little more than scratch their paint. They advance over the battlefield like messengers of the indisputable victory of the Revolution’s ideals.

Each step of a Kolossus is further confirmation of the superiority of the Red Blok. Each impact absorbed by a Kolossus weakens the confidence of the powerless masses in their tyrannical systems of government. And to those too stubborn to understand, their flamers will carry the revolutionary message in a wave of fire.

Name   Critical   Hit   Save   Ld   Ability
Kolossus Leader   8+   4+   3+/5++   5   Dedicated, Nerves of Steel, Size/2
Kolossus   8+   4+   3+/5++   4   Dedicated, Nerves of Steel, Size/2

Kolossus Team
Kolossus Leader (unit leader)
2 Kolossus Soldiers

Bulky and Fire Control

Options
Tank Hunter: The unit may be upgraded to Tank Hunters for +5 points. The unit gains the Tank Hunter Ability.
Veterans: The unit may be upgraded to hardened Veterans for +20 points. Increase the Leadership of the Kolossus Leader to 6 and the Kolossus Soldiers to 5.

Each Kolossus may be armed with up to two weapons for the corresponding points cost (see the Mid Tech Infantry Support Weapons chart)

Updated based on a comment from Agis
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 05:06:55 PM by pixelgeek »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
Re: Victory Decision: Future Combat Kolossus stats
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 05:04:48 AM »
Oh how I love this!
I always liked it when people start to create their own units.

Just some suggested changes:

Make them Hit 3+ to reflect their slowness.
Whole unit is then 90 150 points without any weapons.

Options:
Tank Hunter:
The unit may be upgraded to Tank Hunters for +5 points. The unit gains the Tank Hunter Ability.
Veterans: The unit may be upgraded to hardened Veterans for +20 points. Increase the Leadership of the Kolossus Leader to 6 and the Kolossus Soldiers to 5.

@ All: Should I make this unit official? I would name it "Experimental Hardshell Power Armour Combat Suit".

@ Chris: Maybe we can create a ViDe Future Combat "Subforums" as in the WWII section, I really did not want to clutter the general forum.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 04:29:24 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 10:50:30 AM »
<snip>
@ Chris: Maybe we can create a ViDe Future Combat "Subforums" as in the WWII section, I really did not want to clutter the general forum.

Seems more appropriate as a sub-forum (Grandchild?) of the Victory Decision (child) forum IMO.  Assuming that is feasible of course.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 11:34:16 AM »

Well, if it takes off as well as it should, I wouldn't mind a dedicated child board as part of Future Wars. At the moment, I don't think that the handful of threads clutter it up too much. :) Let's see how it develops and I'll posit it to the Prof.

That said, it would be great if you could post a reply on the Scifi Rules Reference thread outlining the scope of ViDeFuCo. Might help drum up some more interest for both (ViDeFuCo and the RulesRef thread).

@Conquistador:

Since original ViDe is focused on WW2, I think the SciFi variant is well-served here in the SciFi Board. No harm done either way, I guess.

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 11:50:31 AM »
When are you going to let me buy a hard copy version from Wargame Vault?

;)
Every time a bad person dies, a Paratrooper gets his wings.

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
<snip>

@Conquistador:

Since original ViDe is focused on WW2, I think the SciFi variant is well-served here in the SciFi Board. No harm done either way, I guess.

That works for me, I guess it depends on how you view the process.

If you needed Victory Decision to play Future Combat then there might be some need to be able to reference the threads on the WW2 sub-board to avoid repetition.  Wait, we are war gamers...  lol

Since it is a stand alone game developed from Victory Decision then it would logical to put it on the SF board.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 01:05:21 PM »
That works for me, I guess it depends on how you view the process.

If you needed Victory Decision to play Future Combat then there might be some need to be able to reference the threads on the WW2 sub-board to avoid repetition.  Wait, we are war gamers...  lol

Since it is a stand alone game developed from Victory Decision then it would logical to put it on the SF board.

Gracias,

Glenn

You're right, of course, but I think it would be easier to bundle ViDeFuCo here in Future Wars and cross-reference usual earlier stuff.

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:30:03 PM »
I am happy with either way!
 8)

When are you going to let me buy a hard copy version from Wargame Vault?

End of 1st quarter 2014!
This topic shows IMO that it would be wise to wait a bit, some more ideas and proposals for weapons or units pop up and I can still integrate them.
In 3 months I expect everything pretty much settled.
Then comes the printware bundle and only printware option.
All who bought the pdf already will get a discount to the print only book - so all gets treated even! (I really dislike to support a game early and then getting stuff late, or have to pay for a sale option that is no more there etc.)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 01:40:08 PM by Agis »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »
That said, it would be great if you could post a reply on the Scifi Rules Reference thread outlining the scope of ViDeFuCo. Might help drum up some more interest for both (ViDeFuCo and the RulesRef thread).
Done!  ;)

Offline CptJake

• Mastermind
  • Hooah!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
I am happy with either way!
 8)

End of 1st quarter 2014!
This topic shows IMO that it would be wise to wait a bit, some more ideas and proposals for weapons or units pop up and I can still integrate them.
In 3 months I expect everything pretty much settled.
Then comes the printware bundle and only printware option.
All who bought the pdf already will get a discount to the print only book - so all gets treated even! (I really dislike to support a game early and then getting stuff late, or have to pay for a sale option that is no more there etc.)

Thanks.  I'll probably hold out until the print version is available, knowing that I'll not get around to reading the PDF before the print is available anyway.

Jake

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 05:06:18 PM »
Oh how I love this!

Thanks

I've updated the stats based on your suggestions