Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:31:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690480
  • Total Topics: 118333
  • Online Today: 732
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: (COMMERCIAL) Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics  (Read 1671 times)

Offline moonshado

• Mad Scientist
(COMMERCIAL) Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics
« on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:40 PM »
Looking for a potential source of acrylic paint that I could buy in shop, rather than face possible problems having them delivered by the Royal Mail, I mentioned it to a friend at work who's a railway modeller and he advised me that the Ian Allen Bookshop in Lower Marsh Street , London SE1 (Just south of Waterloo station) not only stocks railway books it also stocks a reasonable selection of odds and ends aimed at the railway modeller, including the complete range of Vallejo Model Colour Acrylic paints. I went and had a looksee this evening after work. The Vallejo paints are £2.10 a pot. They also do Humbrol enamels, a fairly comprehensive selection of scenic accessories(unfortunately not static grass or tufts though) brushes and modelling tools. Certainly worth a look if you live or work in London.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM by Westfalia Chris »

Offline Cubs

• Galactic Brain
  • "I simply cannot survive without beauty ..."
Re: Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 10:36:39 PM »
The Ian Allen in Cardiff is huge (a lovely quiet gentleman's retreat) and is my usual source of Vallejo paints. Sadly the parking in Cardiff City Centre is a joke and the bus isn't much cheaper these days, so I find it easier to order online. The price per pot is higher, but it's cheaper overall unless I'm already going into town.
'Sir John ejaculated explosively, sitting up in his chair.' ... 'The Black Gang'.

Paul Cubbin Miniature Painter

Offline inkydave

• Mad Scientist
  • Usuthu
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2013, 01:15:44 AM »
Love Ian Allen shops.
I was in the Cardiff store only yesterday but didnt look at the paints.
Have some cracking offers on books at the mo. The stuff they publish seems to get remaindered and flogged off at bargain prices quite frequently.
When they stopped selling wargames figs in blisters I snaffled some artizan WW2 and foundry ACW stuff quite cheap too.

Minima maxima sunt

Offline carlos13th

• Mastermind
Re: Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 04:08:32 PM »
The Ian Allen in Cardiff is huge (a lovely quiet gentleman's retreat) and is my usual source of Vallejo paints. Sadly the parking in Cardiff City Centre is a joke and the bus isn't much cheaper these days, so I find it easier to order online. The price per pot is higher, but it's cheaper overall unless I'm already going into town.

I have been screwed over by cardiff parking way to often. Often they have charges that are reasonable for up to a few hours but you go a second over and you end up paying a tenner more for being a few minites late.

Offline inkydave

• Mad Scientist
  • Usuthu
Re: (COMMERCIAL) Ian Allen book shops -Vallejo Model Colour Acrylics
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 06:07:39 PM »
I have been screwed over by cardiff parking way to often. Often they have charges that are reasonable for up to a few hours but you go a second over and you end up paying a tenner more for being a few minites late.

I use Newport as a park and ride. Train is quick and cheap.