Forum > Call of Cthulhu

The Docks of Innsmouth

(1/4) > >>

gauntman:
After saving some cash, I decided to purchase some seaside dock terrain (cause those deep ones gotta come from somewhere) to add some flavor to my small little village.  After shopping the Ainsty site
http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/aitrader.htm I nearly purchased some of their trader town pieces.

Then I found these...from Lemax (they make those little collectable Christmas House Scenery)

I fell in love...and ordered them immediately

According to the measurements, the scale sounds right.    There so nice, my Deep Ones may never want to leave the dock area. 

I'm not real sure what their made of either.  I'll let everyone know when they arrive.  Frankly, I'm rather happy (but embarrased to admit) I'm glad they're pre-painted.  I get rather bored painting large scenery pieces like houses and barns.

Heldrak:
Nice!

I'll be interested to know if all the little cutesy modern details (buoys, toolbox, seagull, etc.) are easily removable. Have you got a link to the Lemax site?

Svennn:
theres a link on the headstone thread. I was having a browse earlier - there are quited a few bits I would'nt mind getting my mits on.

gauntman:
I'm getting a few pieces shipped too me right now.

The bits on the dock apparently are separate pieces which must be attached.

I will post a follow-up review on the pices in a couple of days when they arrive.

jlstuht:

--- Quote from: Heldrak on June 03, 2008, 05:38:20 PM ---I'll be interested to know if all the little cutesy modern details (buoys, toolbox, seagull, etc.) are easily removable.

--- End quote ---

I have tons of those pieces (they always are on sale from about Nov - Jan around here).  They work perfectly for 28mm.  The seagulls, lobster traps, et al are hot glued on and can be popped off quite easily.  In the few spots where they pull the color off, it's pretty easy to touch up with some inks and/or paint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version