Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Victory Decision Future Combat: Q&A  (Read 6035 times)

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
Re: Victory Decision Future Combat: Q&A
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »
I think more heroes for sure. I would like to see a heroes and robots expansion.
 I know you can't get the actual characters.. but if you did the not versions. I.e.

not Leeloo and not dallas. 5th element(heresy has these models)

The not firefly(various people make these)

Not Cylons

Not terminators

Not daleks etc

Also a smaller skirmish would work I think just give heroes a few more hp and allow for another ability or two. Make sure our heroes can play in regular games as hq / commanders or squad leaders

You could even make a squad of them but they would cost alot. Firefly for example doc heals and book helps with command tests etc.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:19:39 PM by rollntider »

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 07:29:18 PM »
Keep the ideas coming! I like it...
:)

The Ultraskirmish edition is actually working very well with the stats that are already there.

I just introduce a "combat status". And a unit can be ONE mini.

Quote of the drafted rule:
"During a game of „Victory Decision: Ultraskirmish!“ the infantry units under your command will change their Combat Status when they take casualties. The Combat Status can also be changed when the unit regroups (see the rules for Regroup under Actions).
The effects of each Combat Status will make more sense when you have read the rest of the rules, but in summary an infantry unit can change its Combat Status every time it is attacked and successful hit by an enemy unit and failed it’s Save roll.
The 4 Combat Stati are Fit to Fight, Stunned, Wounded and Removed. Whenever one of your infantry units fails a Save roll you have to roll a D6 for each failed Save on the following table to determine the effect of the enemy attack.

A unit that is already Stunned or Wounded adds +1 to the roll.
D6   Combat Status   Effect
1-2   Stunned   -1 Action on next activation, only Move and Regroup Actions possible!
3-4   Wounded   -2 Actions on next activation, only Move and Regroup Actions possible!
5-6   Removed   Deduct one HP; if the last HP is lost the model is removed from play.

If multiple dice are rolled apply the highest result. Place a suitable marker besides the unit to indicate the combat status. Combat Status marker does not “stack”, you can only be affected from one marker, and additional markers are not placed.
A Stunned or Wounded unit is only allowed to take Move or Regroup actions in the action phase (which basically means it can’t shoot or fight in assaults). "

Worked very well in countless playtest games!

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 07:34:03 PM by Agis »
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - https://www.adpublishing.de

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »
What about a freeze ray. One that would suppress a unit or squad for a  round or so? MA has freeze weapondweapons