Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:27:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690647
  • Total Topics: 118342
  • Online Today: 866
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ArmiesArmy - Requirements Gathering ....:)  (Read 1059 times)

Offline armiesarmy

• Assistant
    • Armies Army Figures Blog
ArmiesArmy - Requirements Gathering ....:)
« on: December 20, 2013, 10:17:36 AM »
Good day all

Basically as well as 15mm future war I am also very interested in the modern wars. I'm still a "what if" type of guy so I think the 'Cold war' era really fits well. The cold war has some great miniatures and vehicles from the likes of QRF, however I am thinking that I would like to focus on some different scenarios such as Northern NATO forces, Swedes, Finish, Winter Soviets etc.

I'm also rather fascinated by the ‘side shows' mostly around Afghanistan and the Africa Bush wars…insurgency /counter insurgency type of battles. These also have a vast array of unusual vehicles and a real mixture of force types and weapons.

To begin with I started on some very generic 15mm sculpts based around the 80's. They are a US Infantryman and a Soviet Infantryman. I am using these as reference and for scaling. They are akin in size to Rebel Minis modern Americans. They are also sculpted by Martin Baker. 

Here is a South African Border War ‘Bush war' infantryman. Quite apt for SADF or Rhodesia given the nature of the their kit. 

Basically I'm trying to work out what to concentrate on! First something I'm interested and secondly something that people want!
I'm also looking for people to help provide feedback on weapons, vehicles uniforms, scenarios so if you'd like to volunteer I can add you to the group and provide more information. I only ask that you provide feedback and keep all of the information amongst your selves until I release it.

You can find more ramblings or the beginning of them on my blog

http://armiesarmycoldwarera.blogspot.co.uk/

This is just the beginning! :)

I hope….

thanks

Keith