Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:15:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: What did old gamingklaus bring you?  (Read 6098 times)

Offline grant

• Galactic Brain
Re: What did old gamingklaus bring you?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »
I received some additions to my 6mm Arab-Israeli collection, some 28mm Warlord WW2 Germans - 10.5cm gun, Kradschutzen, and a Pionere track that is the worst resin casting I've ever seen. I'm going to write Warlord about it.

Also received some Perry Italians for the Eastern Front. Not all of this project arrived yet though.

For me, that's a very small haul, and fits in with existing projects. Just as importantly, everything will fit in my existing case for storage.
It’s a beautiful thing, the destruction of words - Orwell, 1984

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
I buy enough stuff during the rest of the year that I request non-gaming items from the family for Christmas.

Everybody is happier that way.  Not everybody speaks "gamerese."

Had a great (quality over quantity) Christmas morning.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline LeadAsbestos

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • When the Hurlyburly's Done...
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 03:24:45 PM »
Mother in Law ordered the Fistful of Kung Fu complete set for me!  :o :)

Achaean Warrior Osprey, Age of Bronze latest volume of graphic novel series, and Helen of Troy movie on DVD, along w/ a Cthulhu movie w Tori Spelling ( ::)).

Really did quite well. The wife's family now just buys stuff out of my Amazon Watch list, so I make sure to keep it updated at Christmas time!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:29:44 PM by LeadAsbestos »

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »
So, am I the only one that have to order my wargaming stuff, wrap it myself and than feign surprise when I recieve it?

Nope. As I don't do X-Mas, I got nothing. Then again, I did order some Brother Vinni Fallout miniatures and over the last months I threw money at several Kickstarters like Dark, Darker, Darkest,  Incursion, AvP and Battlesystems modular terrain. Also still awaiting the 2nd wave of that blasted Sedition Wars KS.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Photobucket: http://s1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd388/zizi666/
BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/zizi666

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2013, 03:47:07 PM »
Only directly gaming related stuff was some lovely DMH Cacti (that I was too tight to buy for myself previously... ::)) from a friend and a new cabinet to put my painted stuff in from my lovely missus.

Seasons 1 and 2 of Hell on Wheels could be considered gaming related as well I suppose, but I am not going to... ::)

Offline Driscoles

• The Dude
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
The Elder Sign add on boardgame
The Wargames Compendium - Book -
The IHMN Supplement - Heroes Villain and Friends ( Are you kidding Osprey ! No pics, no painting and a darn boring layout !  A step back in old wargame times ! At least the content is good )
The Big Bang Theory - Bubble Bobble Heads
, ,

Offline pauld

• Scientist
  • Being disintegrated makes me very angry!
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
So, am I the only one that have to order my wargaming stuff, wrap it myself and than feign surprise when I recieve it?

to be fair I did get the wife to push the "Buy it Now" button so it's not really buying it myself is it?

... but my son got me "Blood, Bilge and Iron Balls" age of sail wargame rules on his own volition so that was a surprise

... and my wife will get her own surprise when she sees "Paypal, Paypal, Paypal" on the bank statement in the New Year after my Steam and other necessary holiday season sale purchases

oops  lol
No dear, they are not toys, they are models

Offline Vermis

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mini Sculpture
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
In a roundabout way... money towards a Nokia Lumia 1020. High time I had a smartphone; one with a humongous 41MP camera so's I can hopefully take better mini photos. (Re: the victorian superhero topic up in the workbench) ;)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2013, 05:37:33 PM »
In a roundabout way... money towards a Nokia Lumia 1020. High time I had a smartphone; one with a humongous 41MP camera so's I can hopefully take better mini photos. (Re: the victorian superhero topic up in the workbench) ;)

If you're getting a smartphone for mini photography,i highly recommended that you download instagram.it allows you to edit your photos and automatically takes the highest quality photos your phone is capable of.(plus I've found that there aren't enough wargamers on there.)
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline zizi666

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • My Photobucket page
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

I hope for you that works out allright. I've got the Lumia 820 and experienced sesveral problems with it :
usage of the external mem card was cumbersome. Works better now with the Win 8 Mobile Amber version. Recently when I watched my photos, it somehow made a copy of it, so when I took a pic and looked 3 times at it, I would find 4 copies afterwards... >:(
Battery is another issue. Icon shows it drains rather fast, but when I reboot the Phone it's back to +95%. o_o
Hopefuly it'll last for a while, but my next Phone will be android.  :?

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 09:41:22 PM »
Not much....in fact...nothing.  :(

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »
A collection of Dixon Old West townsfolk and Artizan cowboys. And socks. Lots of socks.

Offline Blackwolf

• Potato Cup 3 winner
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2013, 10:36:04 PM »
Fairbairn and Sykes commando dagger,four tires for my Morris Minor van and so on.
May the Wolf  Walk With You
http://greywolf1066.blogspot.com.au/

Painting Clubs Joined: APC,MPC, PPC,PAPC,LPC.

Offline HerbyF

• Mastermind
  • Why fear nightmares when you can be one
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 04:10:22 AM »
A mini construction set I can pilfer the Cones & barracades & stuff from, then toss the matchbox sized vehicles in the toy box. Also the Dysney "John Carter of Mars" movie on DVD.
LHV 2015 +200 2016 +770 2017 +636 2018 +888 2019 +1015 2020 +656 2021 +174 2022 +220 2023 +312 2024 +109

Offline Sterling Moose

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 04:28:27 AM »
A Y-Wing for X-Wing (supplemented by an X-Wing, 2 more Y-Wings and a TIE Advanced - which I bought in the Boxing Day sales at 20% off), and Bioshock/Bioshock 2 Ultimate Rapture Edition.
'I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.'