Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:24:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Chain of Command Organisation Question?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
Chain of Command Organisation Question?
« on: December 28, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
I notice the German platoon is listed as Leader for each squad, plus two Panzerfausts. Is this two men with Panzerfausts, or as seems more likely, 2 Panzerfausts that may be used by men under his command?

Thanks
Wargaming since the dark ages...

---https://aleadodyssey.blogspot.com/---

Offline Lardy Rich

• Scientist
Re: Chain of Command Organisation Question?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 11:49:39 AM »
Shahbahraz, the latter.  His squad can produce them and use them whenever they want.  They do not need dedicated crew, although if a bloke is firing one then he clearly can't fire his own rifle.  Of course, once they are used they are gone. 

Rich

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
Thanks Rich..   just means I have a heap of figures based firing Panzerfausts that aren't really necessary.  And I have already converted my HaT Machine Gunners into a Panzerschreck crew. Oh well, six less figures to paint.. 

Really looking forward to giving these a good go. Not to mention the nostalgia of building some plastic kits, and painting 'toy soldiers', though the Caesar figures are a long way from the old Airfix figures of my childhood..

Still incomplete but progressing... 

Offline max

• Scientist
  • Medieval Mad
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 07:57:24 PM »
Why don't you use the firing panzerfaust figures and exchange them with normal riflemen when the panzerfausts have been fired? That way nothing will go to waste.

Offline Shahbahraz

• Mastermind
    • A Lead Odyssey
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 10:30:08 PM »
As I understood it (probably wrongly) - the riflemen use their rifles till their Junior leader says, 'here, have a Panzerfaust Karl' - which is then immediately fired, and the soldier then reverts to a rifleman instantly. So at no time other than the instant of firing are they equipped with the Panzerfaust.

I may use them anyway, as they are nice figures, with a notional Panzerfaust but counting as a rifleman. Going mad painting Splintermuster and Sumpfmuster on 1/72 figures. Plus it is so hot, the paint is drying on the brush before I can transfer it to the figures.