Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:14:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: D troop, US. Cavalry ..U/D 20/3 added some mounted cavalry.  (Read 8365 times)

Offline Deedles

• Mastermind
    • One man & his brushes
Re: D troop, US. Cavalry ..U/D 20/3 added some mounted cavalry.
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 12:13:03 PM »
Deedles, sir, might I trouble you for your horse painting technique - if it is not a closely guarded family secret, of course?

These were just a quick and simple job.. I undercoat in a brown enamel - this was humbrol 62 leather , which i think helps to give a bit more warmth to the final look.

I used foundy bay colours for the base coat, mixed with some vallejo to give a variation, gave them a wash with vallejo sepia wash , and just highlight a top colour.
Cheers
Deedles

One day the lead mountain will be gone.... one day

http://onemanhisbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/
http://blazingdice.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Digits

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 01:06:12 PM »
These look pretty swanky bud....just finishing off 9 mounted troopers myself..though Artizan.   I use / get a similar effect on chesnuts but I use old GW dark flesh highlighted in bestial brown and given a simple wash in nuln oil.  Works a treat.

I do like these figures though...just a shame they wount mix in too well with the Artizan.    I have just ordered a pack of apaches from GM...more scope to match them in with my others as they are more irregular in appearance...though not sure how they will stack up height wise with my Black Scorpions...

I may be tempted if he brings out a couple of cavalry wagon riders though....hint ;)

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 02:35:18 PM »
have just ordered a pack of apaches from GM...more scope to match them in with my others as they are more irregular in appearance...though not sure how they will stack up height wise with my Black Scorpions...

I have both BS stuff and the GM Cavalry troopers and they seem to work pretty well together.
I think the trick is to keep the integral base on the GM chaps and build around it and they should be fine.