Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ebor miniatures WSS Spanish Dragoons  (Read 6688 times)

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: Ebor miniatures WSS Spanish Dragoons
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
My pleasure, Carlos  :)

Nearly a year ago, I started a thread here on the LAF on the subject of WSS Spanish infantry uniforms. It features a little extra information and more links kindly provided by some Spanish contributors :  

http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=51293.0

The Researching & Dragona plates by Emilio Marin were my entry point when I began investigating the period. Most of them can be found on the Alfons Canovas blog via the link below. The scans feature oddly washed out colours - I have much brighter versions of some of these with far superior resolution :

http://miniaturasmilitaresalfonscanovas.blogspot.fr/2012/02/almansa-la-batalla-1707.html

I believe the Marin plates on the Spanish army are substantially correct, though I do not have the accompanying text and therefore don't know which sources were used as a basis for the uniforms. I would treat the plates on the other nations with more caution, though : the ones on French troops in particular feature more than their share of egregious mistakes.

Anyone interested in the Catalan army should have a look at the website below. The text in entirely in Catalan, but I was quite pleasantly surprised to realise I could get the gist of most of it without having ever learned the language !

http://www.guerradesuccessio.cat/

Offline Juan

• Mad Scientist
    • Manche´s Walpurgisnacht
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
Again, thank you a lot for this new amount of information.
I remember to have had some of the old "Researching & Dragona" magazines and the information they had about the Spanish army was, generally, good.
This book about the Spanish army in the Nine Years War can be also useful: "The Spanish Armies in the War of the League of Augsburg 1688-1697" by Gian Carlo Boeri, José Luis Mirecki y José Palau. Very nice, and many of the plates go into the XVIII Century.

About the web of the Catalans in the WSS, it is nice and interesting; they are taking a lot of work writing "their" History...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 05:47:30 AM by Juan »

Offline Arthur

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 01:17:58 AM »
I have the Boeri book on the Spanish armies of the Nine years War and it is indeed excellent, so good in fact that it makes you wish there was a work of similar quality on Spanish troops during the WSS !

In the meantime, I've just remembered where I found better quality versions of the Emilio Marin plates - it's the Almansa reenactment FB page for those who are interested.