Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:21:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686609
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: ViDe: Future Combat test game comments and photos  (Read 3850 times)

Offline Talarius

• Assistant
Re: ViDe: Future Combat test game comments and photos
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 12:13:25 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I've convinced a couple friends to buy the rules and am hoping to play in the next month or so, so I was very interested to see your first attempt and any more you have in the future!

I agree on the restic figures from Mantic. I've been going insane getting the mold lines off the human team and recarving inlaid detail lines.  o_o  I look forward to the day when I can just paint those figures instead of endlessly scraping at them with an Exacto blade.

Keep posting, I'll keep reading!   :)

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »
Thanks for posting this. I've convinced a couple friends to buy the rules and am hoping to play in the next month or so, so I was very interested to see your first attempt and any more you have in the future!

I agree on the restic figures from Mantic. I've been going insane getting the mold lines off the human team and recarving inlaid detail lines.  o_o  I look forward to the day when I can just paint those figures instead of endlessly scraping at them with an Exacto blade.

Keep posting, I'll keep reading!   :)

I got a corporation battleset recently and the mouldlines came off easily, managed to get the whole lot assembled in a night. (which i have never done with any box of miniatures)

Is there anywhere i can find a demo rule set for this game? i've been seeing plenty about it on the forum and it looks great.
never trust a horse, they make a commitment to shoes that no animal should make.

http://mystarikum.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline pixelgeek

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »
I got a corporation battleset recently and the mouldlines came off easily, managed to get the whole lot assembled in a night. (which i have never done with any box of miniatures)

Some of their figs aren't too bad really. Some of the Dreadball MVPs had almost no mould lines. The robots are just really bad.

Offline nic-e

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Mystarikum
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:25 AM »
Some of their figs aren't too bad really. Some of the Dreadball MVPs had almost no mould lines. The robots are just really bad.

Fair enough, maybe it's something about that mold in particular?

Offline Agis

• villainous mastermind
  • Galactic Brain
    • A.D.Publishing
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:06 AM »
Is there anywhere i can find a demo rule set for this game? i've been seeing plenty about it on the forum and it looks great.
Presuming that you talk about ViDe: FuCo and not mantic I can point you to the Download page:
http://www.adpublishing.de/html/downloads1.html  ;)

The QRS and dample pages are from the WW II rulebook, but the core design elements are the same.
The Future Combat Desgin notes (http://www.adpublishing.de/html/fuco_design_notes.html) give you a good idea what is SciFi specific! 8)
cheers and keep on gaming, Agis - http://www.adpublishing.de