Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:06:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691074
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Has anybody ever played Power Legion?  (Read 9454 times)

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
Re: Has anybody ever played Power Legion?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 06:56:26 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on the Yahoo group for discussions about this game too. Until recently there wasn't much information anywhere else for it. I own and enjoy a lot of the other Ganesha Games, so I imagine this one is probably pretty good too.

Since SuperSystem 4th edition isn't out yet, would the folks who do have Power Legion recommend it as an alternative for SuperSystem 3rd? I love supersystem but it can be pretty time-consuming creating profiles for various characters. I'd like something a little easier so that I can introduce it more quickly to my friends.
obsidian3d
www.o2media.ca

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 08:05:16 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on the Yahoo group for discussions about this game too. Until recently there wasn't much information anywhere else for it. I own and enjoy a lot of the other Ganesha Games, so I imagine this one is probably pretty good too.

Since SuperSystem 4th edition isn't out yet, would the folks who do have Power Legion recommend it as an alternative for SuperSystem 3rd? I love supersystem but it can be pretty time-consuming creating profiles for various characters. I'd like something a little easier so that I can introduce it more quickly to my friends.

I would think you would like it....it has a good bit of mechanics and design I like...I wish there was more powers but Supersystem spoiled me....well actually Champions RPG did....if you ever was back in the RPG era....Supersystem would be like Champions and Supersystem would be like Marvel or Heros Unlimited.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Legionnaire

• Mad Scientist
  • So many ideas, so little time for games...
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 08:54:56 PM »
I would think you would like it....it has a good bit of mechanics and design I like...I wish there was more powers but Supersystem spoiled me....well actually Champions RPG did....if you ever was back in the RPG era....Supersystem would be like Champions and Supersystem would be like Marvel or Heros Unlimited.

Some powers are not in the book, but hopefully they'll be in the next supplement that they have in the works. I don't always agree that "more is better", the most important factor for me is FUN!!! I liked BASH because it was quick and easy, maybe a little bit too constraint (only value 1-5) but certainly enjoyable. I tried Champions back in the day, but found it too fiddly with points hither and dither, mods, advantages, disadvantages, too much (not saying I hate maths, I just don't like having to tinker for half a day to get a playable character...). I played around a bit with Showdown (Savage Worlds engine) but wasn't too happy with the result, and this lies pretty close to that. I LIKE when you can take a glance at a character and immediately get a feeling of how capable he/ she is, and it really helps when you have a rough sketch in your head.
"Who knows what Evil lurks in the heart of men?"
"The Shadow knows!!! Hahahahaha!"

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 08:31:21 AM »
After working on some Exiles repaints tonight I ended up splashing for the Power Legion rules. I can't wait to make a few characters and try the rules out later this week.

Offline rollntider

• Scientist
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 06:41:37 PM »
I crumbled and bought the rules, and after a quick flick through I have decided I really like them!!! The three movement sticks are a staple in Ganesha games rules, and I think it's a lot easier than to fiddle around with increments of 1" here or there in movement, which I view as pretty unnecessary. Much easier to buy Long Move and you have a fast moving character, but not superpowered so, with movement powers (Flight, Superspeed, Teleport etc) you mostly move Long sticks, depending on the die in the power up to 7x Long sticks/ Action!!! The only thing I was "missing" was Paralyze, but that effect can be integrated in a Major Damage result so I'm not worried.

Have started to stat up a few characters to see how it works out and pretty happy with the mechanics so far, itching to have a test-drive, hopefully by Monday-Tuesday  :D

yeah I can see that point, but I do agree with you the mechanics seem really good overall.

It is a lot easier to build characters for this game.... can take just a few minutes and its one single die per attribute.

Offline pws

• Scientist
    • Pippoweb hobby blog
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
I played some games during playtesting and it was fun. All characters were taken from Marvel/DC comics... we used "good old" Heroclix figures.
Some of us used re-based figures (even re-painted), but mine were as they came out of the box, I play heroclix too.

I think in the Ganesha yahoo group you can find a superhero builder in a spreadsheet file, or you can go to this blog: http://dinahcatofdanger.blogspot.it there are plenty of profiles.
Ciao
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:39:20 PM by pws »
Per aspera ad astra
pippoweb.blogspot.it

Offline obsidian3d

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • o2media
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
That blog has tons of great profiles. I plan on using a few of these directly as they are, and have modified a few others. It was a great way to get a feel for how some of the characters would look using those rules.