Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690905
  • Total Topics: 118357
  • Online Today: 907
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: CONGO FAQ  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
CONGO FAQ
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:59:04 AM »
Anybody from Studio Tomahawk here ?

Can you confirm that you are going to set up a page on your forum for Congo FAQ's - if not should we start compiling a list here?

First Question: We played the other night and could not establish if the targets of missile fire take stress tokens if they suffer casualties?

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
Re: CONGO FAQ
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:21:28 AM »
We had assumed that if you lose casualties you drew a stress token but having looked I cannot find any mention of that in the rules.

A question on my part, do you only draw stress counters if you suffer casualties from Musket shooting or every time you are shot at by muskets?

Offline Studio Tomahawk

• Schoolboy
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:02:49 PM »
Hi,

We are going to open a category on the forum. We have also opened a category for Congo non-French players on the French forum, as it is more likely that the authors read your posts there.

The adress is
http://studio-tomahawk.forumgratuit.org/f47-eng-rules-questions

For you questions regarding shooting, no stress tokens is taken if you suffer casualties during a shooting. You would take stress if going to ground or if targeted by muskets, but not from taking casualties.

We will publish a FAQ once we got a couple more rules questions like this to fill it.

cheers
alex

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »
Thanks Alex for a great game

Confused why you would take stress from muskets and not rifles last night my rifle troops inflicted several casualties but the targets carried on as normal.  I woukd have thought they would be stressed out losing over half the unit .... ???

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 06:03:01 PM »
Are there any plans to release the cards separately to accommodate multi players?

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply Alex that clarifies things.

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 04:20:47 AM »
Are there any plans to release the cards separately to accommodate multi players?

Speaking of multiplayer, are there any playtested modifications for each player having his own faction with 4 or more players? We almost never have just two players show up on a game night. I'd be playing Congo multiplayer...

Mike Demana
www.firstcommandwargames.com
http://leadlegionaries.blogspot.com/

Offline Black Burt

• Scientist
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 09:36:53 AM »
You could have extra card decks though initiative could be a problem with too many players.

Offline Studio Tomahawk

• Schoolboy
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 09:46:10 AM »
To answer:

Re multi player games, the Makobo adventure can be easily played with up to 4 players.

We are considering releasing the card and tokens separately. It's just a question for us of how to handle stock levels as currently we got as many cards as we got books. We need to see when we will need to reprint the book and then we will print more cards and tokens. We will sell them seperately before actually. Maybe next month once we have some insight into the evolution of the sales.

Regarding rifles and muskets. If you read contemporary accounts, the muskets were actually more frightening than rifles. That why some explorers used muskets rather than rifles. The combination of smoke and noise was terrifying for men and beasts! I recommend reading the excellent Ian Heath book on the congo bassin published by Foundry.
And it helps balance the rifles and muskets.

As the reason why a unit doesn't take stress when losing figures it's a question of game balance. If you go to ground to avoid casualties and fail your cover roll, you would take stress for going to ground AND for losing figures. Like being beaten by the hammer and crushed by the anvil?

Hope it helps
alex

Offline LCpl McDoom

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Scientist
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 03:03:50 PM »
Hope it helps, but I've managed to start an entry for CONGO onto the BGG database.

It will be a work-in-progress to add more detail (and maybe correct & change any info I've put up).

It needs extra information - like designer and artist, etc. - and I'm still awaiting the BGG moderators to approve or decline some other things, but hopefully it spreads the message about the game and gets it noticed more.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/208340/congo