Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:57:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Rogue Trooper Project update July 2017 NEW STUFF  (Read 54335 times)

Offline Earther

• Mastermind
  • Sat at my Mac, lusting after lead…
Re: Old Skool Rogue Trooper Project: proxie mini ideas solidify! ;)
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2014, 11:19:06 AM »
Another fan of the Warmachine reboot here. Will Simpson's art was lush. After that it was tosh.

But you can't beat classic Rogue from Cam Kennedy! :-*

Offline Brandlin

• Mad Scientist
    • Brandlin
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2014, 05:39:03 PM »
with my interest in rogue trooper piqued again, I did a little googing and found this

http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/preorders/february-2014/preorders-for-26/02/14/idw/rogue-trooper-1/prod_22679.html

am i the only one that didn't know?

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2014, 06:08:28 PM »
with my interest in rogue trooper piqued again, I did a little googing and found this

http://www.disposableheroes.co.uk/preorders/february-2014/preorders-for-26/02/14/idw/rogue-trooper-1/prod_22679.html

am i the only one that didn't know?

Yup.  ;D

Was informed by my comic guy last week.  Looking forward to seeing this.

BTW what googing? Is it like like junior google-fu? ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:10:47 PM by Commander Vyper »
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 07:08:20 PM »
Ooh! I didn't know either. I might have to take a look.
Is it a re-imagining (to use movie parlance!) or a straight reboot of the old stories?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:10:16 PM by Elk101 »

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
Ooh! I didn't know either. I might have to take a look.
Is it a re-imagining (to use movie parlance!) or a straight reboot of the old stories?

As far as I can gather from the trade catalogue a sympathetic fresh look for the new book and a second series with reprints of the old strip too!

San Diego, CA (November 10, 2013) - As announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2013, the genetically modified G.I., Rogue Trooper is returning! Expanding the relationship started with the successful Judge Dredd series, IDW and Rebellion/2000 AD will return to the frontlines of Nu-Earth and Rogue Trooper with an outstanding creative team!

After storming the world of fiction with his debut fantasy novel, Winterbirth, the first book in The Godless World Trilogy, Brian Ruckley will report for duty as the writer of the brand-new series. Joining Ruckley, and bringing his dynamic and monstrous style back to IDW, Alberto Ponticelli (Godzilla: Gangsters and Goliaths) will be handling the art for the series. In addition to the standout creative team, Rogue Trooper will feature covers by esteemed artists Glenn FabryPreacher, Slaine) and James Stokoe (Godzilla: Half-Century War, Orc Stain).

"Rogue Trooper is likely the most recognizable 2000 AD character not named Dredd, and it's extremely exciting to have the opportunity to reintroduce the character to an all-new audience," editor Denton J. Tipton says. "Brian and Alberto are longtime fans of the strip, and will bring a fresh spin on Nu-Earth while retaining a healthy respect for the original material. And with gripping covers by Glenn and James, the series is practically going to leap off the rack right into your face."

On the war-torn world of Nu-Earth, Rogue Trooper trudges across the poisoned planet in search of answers and justice. Haunted by betrayal, Rogue Trooper accepts a mission that defies the war that has ravaged the stategically important location.

"As a kid, I read the original Rogue Trooper strip from its very beginning, and was fascinated by the brutal, strange world and striking characters it presented," said Brian Ruckley, "to now get the chance to revisit and re-imagine all of that for a new audience, and do it alongside such amazingly talented folk as Alberto Ponticelli, is just crazily exciting."

Co-created by Gerry Finley-Day and renowned artist Dave Gibbons in 1981 for 2000 AD, Rogue Trooper became a showcase for some of Britain's top artistic talent. In addition to Gibbons,Steve Dillon, Colin Wilson, Cam Kennedy, Brett Ewins, and Chris Weston have contributed art to the popular strip.

Beginning in 2014, Rogue Trooper will return to the comics page not only in this brand-new series, but additionally, IDW will begin re-producing the classic series from 2000 AD. Look for both in the coming year!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:36:50 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »
not a Fan of the IDW Stuff tbh,i totally disliked their Sin/Dex Episodes but i'll wait and see  ;D
Mark,any Chance you could take some Pics of the Content of the Making of RT Game Book?i've been watching this on Fleabay for Ages  ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:32 PM »
not a Fan of the IDW Stuff tbh,i totally disliked their Sin/Dex Episodes but i'll wait and see  ;D
Mark,any Chance you could take some Pics of the Content of the Making of RT Game Book?i've been watching this on Fleabay for Ages  ;)

Doesn't come up often granted. Leave it with me Dan.

cheers

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 08:07:59 PM »
Thanks for the run down on that. Never mind proxie minis, I'm getting my Rogue Trooper fix by proxie now!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2014, 10:18:05 PM »
No real update today sorry. Mid week mid work etc... Got another nort through the post and a couple of RT minis that'll be incorporated into the project.

Anyway tomorrow I'm expecting my proxy Nort skorpion tanks to arrive.

Also will try to post up some details of where I'm heading with this re: the conversion plans. Here's a little snippet below. Yes those are Rogue trader IG minis with pigiron headswops! ;)

(P.S. For those who don't like seeing rare metal cut up, best not to look..).  :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:24:37 PM by Commander Vyper »

Offline aliensurfer

• Mastermind
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 12:18:40 AM »
No real update today sorry. Mid week mid work etc... Got another nort through the post and a couple of RT minis that'll be incorporated into the project.

Anyway tomorrow I'm expecting my proxy Nort skorpion tanks to arrive.

Also will try to post up some details of where I'm heading with this re: the conversion plans. Here's a little snippet below. Yes those are Rogue trader IG minis with pigiron headswops! ;)

(P.S. For those who don't like seeing rare metal cut up, best not to look..).  :D

Heretic, bring forth the pitchforks! Enjoying following this and still looking for those figures for you.

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 04:28:50 PM »
Heretic, brilocate. th the pitchforks! Enjoying following this and still looking for those figures for you.

Cheers mate appreciated. Going on a mini hunt tonight when I get back.  Got a few things to locate. ... ;)

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2014, 12:09:05 AM »
Ok so in the Rogue storyline, Southers use robots as mechanised messenger runners from command outposts to the front line, (the fort Neuropa storyline) so I went looking through the boxes for a few bots to use as  'robe runners'.

I think these little guys will work quite well, (will find a 6mm tracked vehicle for the one at the back).

(On the left of the shot you can see two 15mm sci fi mines stuck together. I think these will work well as nort decapitator mines when mounted on brass rod).

I think its safe to say that subconsciously,  most of my recent sci-fi purchases were going to end up here tbh! :D

Still got the fire toads to find but so far so good.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:53:21 AM by Commander Vyper »

Offline Dr.Falkenhayn

• Mastermind
  • guckst du?
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:43 AM »
err,awesomesauce;D  ;)

lol lol

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
The Fort Neuropa storyline was certainly of its time and I remember thinking (on the original read through many, many years ago!) that it detracted from the grittier war story arcs. However, I re-read it last year and I rather enjoyed it. It's still overly contrived with its packaging of the different sectors into (somewhat ridiculous) themes but I saw it more as a sideshow on the craziness of the war than a dominating story arc. I still prefer the Dix-1 story by far though. My favourite Rogue stories were the more thought provoking ones. Some of the imagery could be pretty powerful. I digress anyway, apologies and back to the miniatures!

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 08:16:49 AM »
End of the day I don't like Neuropa, but I like robes.

They suit the world war one in space theme and as Daniel's pointed out, with robes come AMOKS! ;)

Elk: dont apologise mate, it's a rich dark storyline and the imagery and horror and pointlessness of war was a key message and a thread that ran through all the story arcs. War is neverending, even when you die.

Anyway, carry on soldier!;)