Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:40:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686605
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Pewter Ponies - War Ponies  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
Pewter Ponies - War Ponies
« on: January 10, 2014, 03:39:08 AM »
Managed to finish these off a while ago. I'll probably be making whole units using all of the ponies created thus far and 'dressing' 'em up to look like the various types to make a regiments worth.

Still mulling over how to represent champions, musicians and banner bearers. I thought little dragon riders wielding banners and trumpets would be just the ticket. But if you have any ideas feel free to share  :)

Anyway, onto getting the rest of the range finished.

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
Re: Pewter Ponies - War Ponies
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
Still mulling over how to represent champions, musicians and banner bearers.

For standard bearers:
Vertical banner poles in samurai fashion (banners visible from the side) to stick into a hole where the saddle uses to be. Note that this is different by 90° to the original samurai things which are tangential to the spine...  ;)

For characters/champions:
Same as above, but with a cross bar at the top of the pole that will allow to hang a banner on it that can be seen from the front (GW beastman/chaos style, if you know what I mean).

For musicians:
Big drums harnessed on their backs with rods from their legs that drives the sticks which are attached with a joint to the drum´s body. Much like the one man show multi instrument street musicians do. can you imagine that?

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
You trying to say I should have reference more horse armours mate?  :)

I did, but I need to get try and get the figures sent out for a March delivery, and I still have 8 more to finish.

When I come to dress up the other ponies to make them into regiments I'll be sure to do some more variations and detailed armour. But for now this will simply have to do  :(

Offline Bergil

• Mad Scientist
  • Toy maker
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 11:58:18 AM »
For standard bearers:
Vertical banner poles in samurai fashion (banners visible from the side) to stick into a hole where the saddle uses to be. Note that this is different by 90° to the original samurai things which are tangential to the spine...  ;)

For characters/champions:
Same as above, but with a cross bar at the top of the pole that will allow to hang a banner on it that can be seen from the front (GW beastman/chaos style, if you know what I mean).

For musicians:
Big drums harnessed on their backs with rods from their legs that drives the sticks which are attached with a joint to the drum´s body. Much like the one man show multi instrument street musicians do. can you imagine that?

I certainly can! And certainly an interesting idea with the drums, I'm just not sure how I'd make it or get it cast. Taking some rather large liberties with the limitations of the moulds as it is!  :D

Offline Michi

• Galactic Brain
  • Hoist the colours!
    • Tableterror
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:04:55 PM »
I certainly can! And certainly an interesting idea with the drums, I'm just not sure how I'd make it or get it cast. Taking some rather large liberties with the limitations of the moulds as it is!  :D

Nah, you´d make the rods´n´sticks not free standing. They could be cast very tight and parallel yet straight to the rear legs (is that the correct term with horses?). The drum itself should be a walk in the park, I guess.
The rods would be attached to the ankles with a collar, go straight up to the rear end center of the drum (3 o´clock position seen from the side with the head of the pony  looking left.