Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:23:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689747
  • Total Topics: 118292
  • Online Today: 821
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures Kickstarter  (Read 22847 times)

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures Kickstarter
« on: January 20, 2014, 03:16:09 PM »
RAFM CALL OF CTHULHU 7th EDITION MINIATURES KICKSTARTER TO BEGIN!

Brantford, ON – January 18, 2014 – Silver Fox Productions Inc. will launch their new fundraising program for RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition on Kickstarter on January 22, 2014. This program will be open to supporters until Febuary 11, 2013. So find us on Kickstarter and support our new miniatures.

RAFM Call of Cthulhu Miniatures line provides gamers with pieces to bring life to Chaosium’s classic roleplaying game of Lovecraftian horror, in which ordinary people are confronted by the terrifying and alien forces of the Cthulhu Mythos. RAFM Call of Cthulhu Miniatures are hand sculpted 32mm white metal miniatures which can be painted or used to represent characters and monsters during game play. This bestselling line has won many game-industry awards and supports the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Chaosium ruleset.

The goal of this projet is to continue to build on the new edition of the RAFM Call of Cthulhu Miniatures which was started in the summer of 2013 and shipped to our supporters in December. The vision of the Kickstarter is to create miniatures from classic Chaosium modules including Masks of Nyarlathotep, Fungi from Yuggoth and House of R’lyeh. As new stretch goals are opened up, more modules and models may be added.

RAFM Company Inc, began producing rules and then miniatures for the gaming industry in 1979. RAFM Call of Cthulhu miniatures has probably been our most successful line. Envisioned and sculpted by Bob Murch for the Call of Cthulhu RPG by Chaosium Inc. the figures have transcended the industry and been reissued by many companies. None compare with the lasting tradition of the line. All miniatures are produced for Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game and continue to be an official licensed product for the Call of Cthulhu Role-playing Game TM Seventh Edition.

Here is one piece of concept art!

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
Re: RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 07:53:48 PM »
Here is the copy of an email we received from a satisfied supporter of our first project!

"Subject: Thank-You For Being Awesome
I got my indiegogo package in the mail the other day, and my experience with this campaign has been so positive that I thought I'd shoot you a note of some well-earned praise. The new sculpts are great, the castings are great, the rewards packages were a good deal, everything was done way ahead of schedule, and if that weren't enough you even threw in a few bonus miniatures! Thanks again, and keep making monsters,"

Offline Servitor of RAFM

• Librarian
    • RAFM Miniatures and Games
Silver Fox Productions Inc.
RAFM Miniatures

RAFM's Forums

Offline THE CID

• Mastermind
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »
Already funded on first day. THE CID.
Ive seen things you people wouldn't believe - Roy Batty.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »
Funded and $10,000 CAD Stretch Goal #1 opened!  :o :D

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Mmm...should I?

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:02:44 PM »
Deal is almost $150 US for the 115 CAD with the shipping....$5 a fig? color me not impressed. Doubt I will be backing. Figs are decent but not amazing to pop that cash for 30 figs.
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 10:15:08 PM »
The USD is trading for $1.11 CAD right now. That means that the $115 CAD + $15 CAD = $130 CAD deal is only $117.31 USD right now. That is a nice bargain for 30 figures, which is now 32 figures because a stretch goal has opened up. That is $3.66 a figure with shipping included. And if you take the optional stuff the deal gets better. Right now four figures are going for $10.00 in one deal. That works out to $2.50 a figure for those four. These figures are also 32mm and some of these figures are over 50mm tall and all are made of METAL.
Of course I cannot guarantee the exchange rate when Kickstarter hits your credit card on Feb 11.

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 10:28:55 PM »
I joined the $50 (plus p&p) level as I have most of the old lines. I wish they wouldn't rely on the old stock for these things  >:(

Offline Dolmot

• Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »
I wish they wouldn't rely on the old stock for these things  >:(

Wait, do they? This isn't exactly clear on the campaign page...

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 12:02:15 AM »
I'm on the fence right now. I'd hoped to see more creatures (and not creatures with guns either) and less investigators than the last time but it's almost the opposite. I have all the original figures that I want at this point so that's not appealing at all either. I'd really like to get behind this but so far I'm just not feeling it yet, nothing has jumped out and said "You have to have this!" Not saying that what I'm seeing isn't cool or well executed, just that it's not quite what I'm looking for at this point. (And my Mythos collection goes all the way back to the Grenadier figures that I bought a lot of when they were initially released so this is something I've been into for a long time.) I really hope it does well and at some point I see something that I can't live without.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 12:31:57 AM »
Wait, do they? This isn't exactly clear on the campaign page...

Yea, they did on the other one prior.....a few new figs and then they toss in some oldies....that is why I am slightly turned off by it.....

Offline The Dozing Dragon

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • The Little Soldier Company
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 06:29:02 AM »
I've just upped my pledge to the module level as they are adding more and more to it. Although I have most of the old minis it may work out better value this way. And you can never have too many Deep Ones  ;)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 06:55:54 AM »
*sigh*
Why do most Kickstarters have to be $100+ for any stretch goals nowadays?
Interested in backing for $50, but not without any bonus incentives. Because now I'd be happy to wait until it's in the store so I can pick whatever I want to.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline gnomehome

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
I joined the $50 (plus p&p) level as I have most of the old lines. I wish they wouldn't rely on the old stock for these things  >:(

I too would have preferred an option to get only the new stuff - especially since I backed the Indiegogo campaign and added some of the 20$ for 40$ worth of minis then to complete my collection.

I backed at collector level though, since that was the only way to get the Star Vampire and other stretch goals.
I like my games like my orange juice: pulpy with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners