Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689605
  • Total Topics: 118286
  • Online Today: 623
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures Kickstarter  (Read 22846 times)

Offline Voogla

• Bookworm
Re: RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures Kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 10:46:50 AM »
I too would have preferred an option to get only the new stuff - especially since I backed the Indiegogo campaign and added some of the 20$ for 40$ worth of minis then to complete my collection.

I backed at collector level though, since that was the only way to get the Star Vampire and other stretch goals.

same for me, my collection of the old models is complete thanks to the Indiegogo campaign. Would love to get the new minis (most of all the monsters), but so far I have not pledged since there is no new monster only pledge level, but in particular since the New Stuff pledge level does not include the (new!) stretch goal minis... 
Man kann einen flamer nicht auf overwatch setzen!
leadadventureforum.com/gallery/16/1338_04_02_14_4_41_04_1.jpg

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 12:52:11 PM »
I think I would have considered jumping in if they had a new model set and goals only  option...the extra stuff is meh...
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
  • Can't paint but dreams...
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 03:42:11 PM »
I have a quick question the KS is 32mm and the old RAFM are 25mm, have they scaled upt the old ones to match?

Thanks

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
  • Student of Time, Space & Cake
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »
I think I would have considered jumping in if they had a new model set and goals only  option...the extra stuff is meh...
If you buy the NEW STUFF PLEDGE level ($50) you get the ten new miniatures and you have access to all the Optional Items. These Optional Items are all NEW miniatures that you can pick and choose what you want to buy, and all are really good deals btw, imo but I am biased.
You can add the figures from our IGG fundraiser (ten Investigators for $50), the God of Bloody Tongue +$10, the Servitor of the Outer Gods +$10, the Shoggoth +$10, and the Fungi from Yuggoth Set for +$10 (for four METAL miniatures). This will cost you a total of $90 (New Investigators not included because you may already have them) and you will get 11 humans and six monsters for that $90.00.
If you only want the monsters then put in $10 CAD for the THANK YOU! level and just buy the monsters listed.
The down side of either of these is that you cannot get the bonus miniatures. The only four bonus miniatures that are NEW at this point is the Star Vampire, Dimensional Being, Baron Hauptmann and Mr. Shiny. You will lose out on these but then you can go buy them at your store when they are produced in December.
I guess my point is there are lots of options.
*sigh*
Why do most Kickstarters have to be $100+ for any stretch goals nowadays?
Interested in backing for $50, but not without any bonus incentives. Because now I'd be happy to wait until it's in the store so I can pick whatever I want to.
See above you can get NEW STUFF for $50 which will be cheaper than in the store even with shipping involved. Shipping is pretty much free right now with the value of the US Dollar.
I have a quick question the KS is 32mm and the old RAFM are 25mm, have they scaled upt the old ones to match?
The new miniatures replace the old 25mm stuff, humans anyway. That is why the KS is human heavy. Also, Call of Cthulhu RPG is human heavy, as the modules are human heavy, lots of cultists and baddies, because in the game if you meet a monster you are quite often dead or insane and the game is over which equals no fun.
That being said if you wish to keep playing 25mm the product is available still at www.rafm.com.

" width="450" height="75" border="0

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »
If you buy the NEW STUFF PLEDGE level ($50) you get the ten new miniatures and you have access to all the Optional Items. These Optional Items are all NEW miniatures that you can pick and choose what you want to buy, and all are really good deals btw, imo but I am biased.
You can add the figures from our IGG fundraiser (ten Investigators for $50), the God of Bloody Tongue +$10, the Servitor of the Outer Gods +$10, the Shoggoth +$10, and the Fungi from Yuggoth Set for +$10 (for four METAL miniatures). This will cost you a total of $90 (New Investigators not included because you may already have them) and you will get 11 humans and six monsters for that $90.00.
If you only want the monsters then put in $10 CAD for the THANK YOU! level and just buy the monsters listed.
The down side of either of these is that you cannot get the bonus miniatures. The only four bonus miniatures that are NEW at this point is the Star Vampire, Dimensional Being, Baron Hauptmann and Mr. Shiny. You will lose out on these but then you can go buy them at your store when they are produced in December.
I guess my point is there are lots of options.See above you can get NEW STUFF for $50 which will be cheaper than in the store even with shipping involved. Shipping is pretty much free right now with the value of the US Dollar.The new miniatures replace the old 25mm stuff, humans anyway. That is why the KS is human heavy. Also, Call of Cthulhu RPG is human heavy, as the modules are human heavy, lots of cultists and baddies, because in the game if you meet a monster you are quite often dead or insane and the game is over which equals no fun.
That being said if you wish to keep playing 25mm the product is available still at www.rafm.com.

That is the problem there....they are "buy on options" not "rewards" for being a backer. You have to pay X amount to get X amount, then add extra cash (which is on top of the shipping) to get extra items. While it is pick and choose, I find this a turn off for a KS as it is mining for extra cash (and while a company has to make money and afford things, I just feel this is nickle and diming someone to death)....I am a fan of either a straight up pledge (pledge X amount, unlocks come your way), I just hate feeling obligated to get a bunch of stuff at the higher pledge to get the add ons...

Often many KS of late tier their rewards to a high dollar amount that sucks someone into investing more than they may be willing to or has the budget.  What sells me is seeing the value, at this point I am not sold on the value as of yet. $50 for 10 figs is $5 a figure, fair price but not a great deal and that only again gives me the rights to spend more, not get rewarded for pledging to make it a success. Give a little to get more is my thoughts....

$50 should have been: 10 figs, access to add ons and free unlocks as well.
The $100 would be more ideal for those that wanted all 30, with the unlocks and access to the add ons as well.
That to me is a bit more of a value...I'd wager they would sell more $50's and get more likely investors than intimidating them with $100 but in with extra stuff they may not care about.

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:52 PM »
Yes there are lots of good deals and many free figures to be earned.
We have done a lot of planning for this KS and we have scheduled bonus miniatures to all pledge levels at some point during the campaign. So the New Stuff Pledge level will get several bonus miniatures depending on what stretch goals are met. The Module Collector level will be the best value and get all the bonus miniatures. The higher the KS goes, the more miniatures we can make and the more free miniatures will be earned by our supporters.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:15:36 PM by Mitchelxen »

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 02:25:16 AM »
Some of my favorite monsters of all time!

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
The new miniatures replace the old 25mm stuff, humans anyway. That is why the KS is human heavy. Also, Call of Cthulhu RPG is human heavy, as the modules are human heavy, lots of cultists and baddies, because in the game if you meet a monster you are quite often dead or insane and the game is over which equals no fun.

Thanks, so my old stuff will be dwarfed. Any chance of a picture next to a Citadel 1980s Gothic Horror mini?

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2014, 06:32:48 PM »
Here is a picture of the miniatures beside some recent Pulp Figures sculpt the second and third sculpt are both by Robert Murch.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BesXvUoCMAABrSu.jpg
Photo of size for RAFM CoC Miniatures from left to right RAF8102 from Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures, Pulp Figures PGS-16 Officer , RAF8107 sculpted by Bob Murch for RAFM Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition Miniatures and RAFM Airship Pirates Miniature

Offline thebinmann

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
Thanks

Offline diehard

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 12:46:13 AM »
Yeah, also kind of disappointed in this one. To get any bonus out of it I have to get a bunch of investigators that I don't really want and any of the old stuff I want I already have (and that isn't a whole hell of a lot.) Sorry, but I think I'll pass and any of the monsters that I like I'll pick up down the line on eBay, probably at a cheaper price than the KS one. Was really hoping for something better than their IGG effort.
We haul ours to kick theirs.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 09:57:58 PM »
*sigh*
Why do most Kickstarters have to be $100+ for any stretch goals nowadays?
Interested in backing for $50, but not without any bonus incentives. Because now I'd be happy to wait until it's in the store so I can pick whatever I want to.

Fewer customers with more money willing to buy a set collection means lower costs. Sure, they're not going to get *everyone* who's interested in the figures (including those who already have them), but they don't need everyone to back them today, especially when they intend to sell them tomorrow. If you don't have a wad-o-cash or want to pick your own figures, RAFM has a 25% off sale right now, so you can get access to their catalog, including non-Cthulhu figures, and the 7th Edition figures from their IndieGoGo Campaign. If you're in Canada, shipping is free, so the $25 CAD "Insanity Add-On" pledge is the best deal, $25 CAD for $50 CAD stuff. For those with Deep One pockets, can also get their "Insanity Add-On" pledge, which, as buried in the comments, you can add the Module. That saves shipping costs.

If you just want the add-ons, you pledge at the $10 level to cover shipping -- and you're actually paying *less* shipping than the Module pledgers. You're not obligated to buy as many miniatures or the module bundle, so *that's* why you're not getting the free stretch goals. Many KS I've seen set $100 as the minimum to qualify for free stretch goals, and don't give free stretch goals with add-on only purchases. Many of the add-ons contain large figures, which would be difficult to add as free stretch goals.

With shipping, the $115 Module is $117 USD for 43 miniatures, or $2.70 USD per mini, although most are human-sized or smaller. Expansion set #3 is $10 CAD for 4 new miniatures, including a large one.

If you can find the mini's on eBay at a better price, buy 'em. The Module mini's are about 50% off catalog in CAD, and the eBay prices I'm seeing are 20% off in USD. $1 CAD = $.90 USD.
Crimson Scales with Wildspire Miniatures thread on Reaper!
https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/103935-wildspire-miniatures-thread/

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:21 PM »
$25,000 and 200 Backers Reached!

Thanks to all our Backers that helped us reach these two important milestones!

We have updated the page to support the $25,000 stretch goal being met. The Module Collector Pledge level currently has over $270.00 MSRP of product for only $115.00 CAD plus shipping. Come on over and get some really nice miniatures for a great price!

As promised we posted the concept art of the Deep One Ogres but we went with Father Dagon and Mother Hydra as names for the pieces. See the concept art area. Thanks for the ideas keep them coming!

Stretch Goal for $31,000 level has been added. We are looking forward to reaching $37,000, that will be the next big goal, so let's get to $31,000 so we can see the goodies.

Offline ced1106

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 05:30:14 AM »
31K stretch goal has been unlocked early -- two more miniatures added to the Module. 45 minis for $115 CAD + $15 CAD shipping = $2.60 USD per mini!

So at the 37K level, you get this big guy as well as the three standing stones at *every* pledge level, including the $10 CAD...! at New Miniatures and Module pledge levels.

Concept art: Update 6: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/941525798/rafm-call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition-miniatures/posts/727917
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 09:00:29 PM by ced1106 »

Offline Mitchelxen

• Scientist
    • Crucible Crush
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 05:29:11 PM »
New concept art posted!

Yes Backer promotion stretch goals are added to ALL levels! So come on over and support our Kickstarter. Lots of free miniatures still left to open up.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/941525798/rafm-call-of-cthulhu-7th-edition-miniatures?ref=live