Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:15:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Gallery by QC  (Read 162410 times)

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
Re: Gallery by QC
« Reply #555 on: October 08, 2020, 03:23:08 PM »
Gallery: Teufelsberg. Farm II.

The farm consists of two buildings: the House and the Granary.

The fence in the photos is Log Fence Set # 1 by Rubicon Models, while the stacks of crates are Ware Piles Boxed Set for Micro Art Studio.

The barrels come from various producers, and the straw bundle, the trunk with the ax and the wheelbarrow are most likely elements from Terena do Gier.

The mushrooms, on the other hand, come from the Goblin Forest Toadstools sets by Kromlech and the 108 Mushrooms Set by SpellCrow.

Conifers were produced by Noch, I made larger fruit trees myself, and I bought smaller ones at Allegro.

And the fallen cattle are Dead Cattle Terrains by Ristuls EM.

I also invite you to read the blog post  (HERE), where you will also find links to reviews and tutorials.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #556 on: October 14, 2020, 08:30:21 AM »
Gallery: Chaos Hounds (5).

Chaos Hounds is a converted Nurgling miniatures from Games Workshop and Dread Wolves from Great Escape Games.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #557 on: October 21, 2020, 09:21:56 AM »
Gallery: Slayers from Karak Kadrin. Trollslayer.

Today I have and for you a photo of another Dwarf to the warband Slayers from Karak Kadrin to Warheim FS, which I painted as part of #65 edition of the Miniatures Blog Carnival.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2020, 10:02:08 AM »
Gallery: Teufelsberg. Barn I.

Welcome to the next post about the village of Teufelsberg to Warheim FS. So far, I had the pleasure to present you the inn and the first and second farm, and today you can see the barn.

The fence visible in the photos is Picket Fence Set # 1 by Rubicon Models. The barrels come from a variety of manufacturers, and the animals are part of the Farmyard Animals set from Warlord Games. The mushrooms, on the other hand, come from the Goblin Forest Toadstools sets by Kromlech and the 108 Mushrooms Set by SpellCrow. However, a kick of straw and a sunflower are most likely a set from Terena do Gier. Conifers were produced by Noch, I made larger fruit trees myself, and I bought smaller ones on the auction site.

Offline Peithetairos

• Scientist
    • DaggerandBrush
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »
Beautiful work on those fruit trees. Lovely storytelling, too: The chopped wood, the basked of apples. Really want to move in for a few weeks enjoying autumn. Catch is, knowing your work there will be demons on the outhouse...

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2020, 10:05:54 AM »
beautifully done.
Such a lot of character as well as modelling skill.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #561 on: October 28, 2020, 11:12:59 AM »
Beautiful work on those fruit trees. Lovely storytelling, too: The chopped wood, the basked of apples. Really want to move in for a few weeks enjoying autumn. Catch is, knowing your work there will be demons on the outhouse...
beautifully done.
Such a lot of character as well as modelling skill.
Thank you very much.  :)

Gallery: Halflings from the Moot. Shepherd - musician

Today I have for you photos of another Halfling serving in the ranks of the warband Halflings from the Moot to Warheim FS.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #562 on: November 02, 2020, 07:37:00 AM »
Gallery: The scout from the Ogre Kingdoms.

On the occasion of the #74 edition of the Miniature Blog Carnival in October, I managed to paint models of the Scouting Company from the Ogre Kingdoms.

When painting the company, I assumed that rust, snow and blood would be the dominant ones, which in my opinion go well with the Ogres.

And how do you like man-eaters?

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #563 on: November 02, 2020, 05:32:59 PM »
Fantastic - like John Blanche paintings, only ... more so  ;)

one thing I might say is that your photos are very contrasty and saturated- I get the impression they've been tweaked in the processing dept?
Not sure your painting style needs that - and it can make the figures a little hard to see clearly. Just my 2p worth anyway.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 06:39:42 PM by Bloggard »

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #564 on: November 03, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »
Fantastic - like John Blanche paintings, only ... more so  ;)

one thing I might say is that your photos are very contrasty and saturated- I get the impression they've been tweaked in the processing dept?
Not sure your painting style needs that - and it can make the figures a little hard to see clearly. Just my 2p worth anyway.
Thank you for the kind words and criticism.

You are right, the photos came out very dark, but this is the fault of the rush and the wrong setting of the camera, too short exposure time. I wanted to blog post before midnight to make it on time for our party. And when you are in a hurry, the devil is happy. ;)

And so I will be taking photos of the entire company and individual models once again.

As for the color saturation, the fact is bright white and red here, but I have to look again in the camera settings because it seems to me to boost the colors.

In editing, on the other hand, I usually deepen the contrast and reduce the intensity of colors, but here the photos were so dark that if I did, nothing would be visible.

I also got some comments to take pictures on a white background. I'll try that too.

Offline Bloggard

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #565 on: November 03, 2020, 08:43:34 AM »
yes- good to hear you're working on it, as your painting and converting etc deserve it.

I think a diff. colour background might help (although I appreciate black suits your vibe).
Worth a try with white - a grey or blue background might help with excessive contrast etc too.

the way the photos are coming out, the black is  too close to 'really' black, and a lot of white areas are 'blown-out' - and that's always going to cause problems - i.e 'crunched blacks etc.

anyway, just constructive 'criticism' ... I think you're stuff's great.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 08:51:20 AM by Bloggard »

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #566 on: November 04, 2020, 09:09:12 AM »
Gallery: Gutter Runner.

Next Gutter Runner to my Eshin warband.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #567 on: November 05, 2020, 08:43:23 AM »
Gallery: Teufelsberg. Barn II.

Welcome to the next post about the village of Teufelsberg to Warheim FS. So far, I have presented you the inn, farms and the first barn, and today I have a second barn for you.

The mushrooms visible on the model come from the Goblin Forest Toadstools sets by Kromlech and the 108 Mushrooms Set by SpellCrow.

The dead cattle are Dead Cattle Terrains by Ristuls EM and the vultures are the Vultures Basing Kit by HQ Resin.

Conifers were produced by Noch, I made larger fruit trees myself, and I bought smaller ones at Allegro.

I invite you to read the blog post where you will find more links.

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »
Gallery: Chaos Spawm. Chaos Ogre, Chaos Troll.

In the title role, I used the Circus Spawn model from Rotten Factory, which you can buy HERE[/b].

Online quidamcorvus

• Mad Scientist
    • quidamcorvus
« Reply #569 on: November 18, 2020, 07:53:57 AM »
Gallery: Slayers from Karak Kadrin. Long Drong Slayer.

Today I have photos for you of the first of three Long Drong Slayer. The conversion was simple and consisted of removing the hands and sticking the pistol.