Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:18:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Hoping for a Feb release of INEPTT  (Read 1184 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
Hoping for a Feb release of INEPTT
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:05:32 PM »
I am almost done - got a lot of help and feedback along the way and the rules are nearly complete. I have a test run coming from Lulu to check the final product. I am going to be running the game as a participation event at GOTTACON in Victoria BC on 2 March. So should have copies of the book for sale there and I have had great support from various companies that have donated gifts for the participants. These include Eureka Minaitures, Empress Miniautres, Gripping Beast Miniatures and Pulp Figures.

I already have the following supplements in the works:
1 - Deutsch Okkulte Operationen Ostafrika und der Orient 1910. (German Occult Operations in East Africa and the Oriend 1910. This will include a back ground on German Occult forces like the Deutsch Occult Jäger (German Occult Hunters) an elite group of soldiers seeking Occult Artifacts and their brother unit the Deutsch außerirdischen Jäger (German Extraterrestrail Hunters) that sought out the remains of Alien artifacts, craft and/or settlements. They are in action against the Britsh Empires Special Operations Occult Bureau (SOOB), the French Département des étrangers et occultes enquêtes (Department of Alien and Occult Investigations), the Russian Bureau of Occult Studies and the US Office of Supernatural Phenomenon (OSP). This will be a series of linked Missions so will be considered an OPERATION. This book will include some new Monsters/Creatures as well as some new weapon systems.

2 - Genre 2 Missions - a set of missions that will range from 1930 to 1960 - 2 Missions pre WWII, 1 Operation of 6 linked Missions that will involved an attack on Himmlers Occult Castle, 2 1950's Missions in French Indo-China, 2 1960's Missions in Romania and 2 in the USA that involve Mutated Creatures from Nuclear tests. Inclusion of new weapons systems and a couple new creatures.

3 - Alien Invasion - a Genre III (1960s to 2020) Operation - this will include at least 12 and possibly more missions with one operation to take out an Alien Base somewhere in Australia.

I have already got half the work done on the first book - so I am hopeful to have it out this summer.

I have included a review from one of the play testers so you get an idea of what the play testers think - of note - two of the six key players were long time 40k players and they have dropped the set for INEPTT. The minis are readily available and much cheaper and a lot more flexibility is built in.

Play Tester Review:
This game is outstanding; there are few games out there that can have you pitted against zombies, aliens, vampires, werewolves, giant bugs, dinosaurs, occult villans and other strange paranormal entities spanning from the early 1900’s to modern time. Sometime you don’t know what you’re dealing with until they eat one of your team mates.

What really makes this game enjoyable is that the game master develops the plot and sets the scene for the other players (usually the mission is inspired from the last sci-fi movie the GM watched) then the players (up to four) assembly their 3-8 person teams and begin.

The missions vary from simple search and destroy, also known as search and survive, which is quite stressful because you don’t want your veteran team to die; the loss of accumulated abilities from past missions hurts. To my favorite, a more strategic and tactical game play where each person has a mission/objective and have to develop a plan while trying to support each of the other players.

Teamwork is very important when your a part of IN.E.P.T.T. Let me make this clear when you hear the word inept you’ll more than likely think “incompetent, unskilled, clumsy”, the IN.E.P.T.T “International Extra-terrestrial Paranormal Tactical Teams” game is anything but that, it’s a fast pasted, heart pounding experience where a lot of buddies can have a good time together fighting the good fight and hopefully survive for the betterment of human kind.

Jeremy
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info