Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: The blue Puttees take the fight to the turks  (Read 1624 times)

Offline Dobbie71064

• Librarian
    • Dobbies Hobbies
The blue Puttees take the fight to the turks
« on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:47 PM »
Hello,

Tuesday night i decided to run a small Great War by Warhammer Historical game. It was a small 750pt 'what if' Gallipoli themed scenario. My friend had just purchased a Mark IV so we decided to include it. I wrote up a quick scenario, heres a little blurp from it...

'What if?: The overall campaign was a disaster of the first order. Over 200,000 Allied casualties occurred with many deaths coming from disease. The number of Turkish deaths is not clear but it is generally accepted that they were over 200,000. Before the Gallipoli campaign even got started, Lloyd George had prophetically written: “Expeditions which are decided upon and organized with insufficient care generally end disastrously.”

The Allied campaign was plagued by ill-defined goals, poor planning, insufficient artillery, inexperienced troops, inaccurate maps and intelligence, overconfidence, inadequate equipment and logistics, and tactical deficiencies at all levels.

This scenario is based upon the idea of the Allied aggressors being better equipped, well lead and well trained. This scenario includes a Mark I tank which was a detachment of the Tank Corps (also known as Heavy Section, Machine Gun Corps). While no Tanks were present at Gallipoli, this unit would later see action in Palestine during the Second Battle of Gaza.'

I didnt snap many pictures, just a few with my cell phone. Have a look

Ottoman Turks garrison a trench line against the advancing Newfoundland troops.

My little armoured car learned the hard way, dont go near the Mark IV!!! Can anyone ID this armoured car btw? I got my turks from a convention and this was included.

Sorry for the sideways image. Here a Turkish platoon trys to rush a trench line held by french troops. This assault would end disastrously for the Turks. This unit of 9 Turks would be defeated by these 4 last frenchmen.

A Newfoundland HMG team gets caught in a crossfire from 2 Maxim machine guns, this unit didnt last long....

The Turks make one last ditch effort to capture the french trench line, the last remaining bomber boy runs up as a frenchmen takes aim at him.

Thats all for now, I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Online armchairgeneral

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
Re: The blue Puttees take the fight to the turks
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:49:54 AM »
Nice paint jobs.

I suspect that armoured car is an Ehrhardt E-V/4 1917

http://www.landships.info/landships/car_articles.html#