Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:49:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686614
  • Total Topics: 118113
  • Online Today: 777
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games UpComing New Period - King Philip's War  (Read 18528 times)

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
Re: Brigade Games UpComing New Period - King Philip's War
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »
Love the guy with sword and pistol!
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 04:29:51 AM »
Too bad that there seem to be so many problems in getting Brigade's stuff here in Germany.  :'(
I'm really impressed by this new range, mainly because nobody did that period before me thinks.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:43 AM »
Too bad that there seem to be so many problems in getting Brigade's stuff here in Germany.  :'(

You can get brigade stuff from Battlefield Berlin..?
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 07:52:02 AM »
Asked them, but they don't refresh their stock.

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 07:56:08 AM »
OK, wasn't aware of that..

Offline fastolfrus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 08:13:06 AM »
I'm really impressed by this new range, mainly because nobody did that period before me thinks.

What are you after ?
Maybe one of the other forum members could help out ?
Gary, Glynis, and Alasdair (there are three of us, but we are too mean to have more than one login)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 10:37:04 AM »

You can get brigade stuff from Battlefield Berlin..?

Why not order direct? I handle anywhere from 20-40 parcels a week being sent overseas (Canada, GB, Europe, Asia and Australia/NZ..) Shipping is reasonable and you get to buy more stuff since our dollar is in the dumps as far as exchange rate.

shipping info is here:

http://www.brigadegames.com/go.mvc?ID=Shipping

That said -

We ship first class because it can be registered. We do not recommend Flat Rate Priority Mail if it can be avoided. Orders with a value over $100 are sent registered. We can ship Express Mail or FedEx at an additional cost.

Shipping is very reasonable. Be aware the webstore will typically overcalculate. Be aware that we will not ship your parcel until all items are in stock if we are out of something. If there is an expected long delay we will contact you. We typically have a good stock of all items.

$ 8.81   FC 8.7 oz Steam Launch and CEA001 ($27) to CANADA
$ 8.65   FC 3.5 OZ   5 figs ($13.50) TO GB
$10.45   FC 5.5 OZ  15 figs ($40.50) TO GB
$11.35   FC 6.5 OZ  15 figs ($40.50) TO GB
$11.35   FC 7.8 OZ  20 figs ($50) TO GB
$11.35   FC 6.3 OZ  6 figs, 1 small vehicle ($38) TO Netherlands
$12.25   FC 7.3 OZ  20 figs ($53) TO France
$12.10   FC 7.6 OZ  15 figs ($41) TO France
$13.85   FC 8.9 OZ  varoius resin and metal wheels, 8 figs ($51) TO GB
$13.85   FC 10.1 OZ  23 figs ($61) TO Netherlands
$13.70   FC 10.8 OZ  20 figs ($44) TO New Zealand
$13.70   FC 10.7 OZ  27 figs ($76) TO Germany
$13.75   FC 10.7 OZ  25 figs ($68) TO Netherlands
$13.85   FC 11.6 OZ  5 PACKS MSW ($75) TO france

$15.45   FC 12.9 OZ  3 PACKS WIE, Model T ($60) TO Belgium

$15.40   FC 12.2 OZ  28 WIA figures ($60) TO Spain
$17.05   FC 1 lb, 2.7 OZ  25 figs, FT-17 ($98) TO france
$17.05   FC 1 lb, 2.3 OZ  2 hellcats, decals & accesories ($92)TO FR
$17.05   FC 1 lb, 3.6 OZ  3 cavalry packs, 2 inf packs  ($83)TO SWEDEN
$18.70   FC 1 lb, 4.1 OZ  1 small sub + decals ($56) TO GB
$22.40   FC 2 lb, 1 oz, 6 packs WIA plus SC book ($98) to Australia

registered (order value over $100 is sent registered)

$26.75  FC 1 lb, 2.1 OZ  44 PCJ figs ($115) TO Australia
$26.75  FC 1 lb, 2.2 OZ  2 Mark IV tanks ($100) TO GB
$28.40  FC 1 lb, 5.1 OZ  9 MSW packs ($127) TO France
$29.35  FC 1,10.6 OZ  3 Pks ADVH + asst Rattrap, sloth ($103) TO GB;
$31.70  FC 1 lb, 14.4 OZ  13 MSW/BPP packs + 2 AD packs ($230) TO France
$33.75  FC 2 lb, 1.1 OZ  various figures ($205) TO Australia
$37.35  FC 2,14.1 OZ  60 figs + small sub to Spain ($200);
$41.60  FC 3 lb, 5.1 OZ  3 A7V, 12 figs ($200) TO Netherlands

Regarding Battlefield Berlin, I have been in contact and probably in the Fall I will be arranging to get product to them but I can not guarantee it. While my caster has been doing a fine job I find I have them pretty much at capacity for the months around our big conventions here (March/April, July and November.) I am doing a slow but steady stock build to increase my stock levels in order to handle additional sales but at the current pace that will take me a while to do and a bit of money to invest.

The new releases pretty much definitely won't go to to any retailers before a several month delay as I need to recuperate as much investment as possible as quickly as possible to keep this locomotive on it's tracks. Most don't realize that Brigade is a part time business for me that has grown enormously with support from customers like on LE. I wish I could do it full time but as with many businesses in this hobby it only makes a small profit. I also re-invest a lot into the business to hopefully continue it's growth. I have the added complication of working with family in my day time job which anyone can tell you in a similar situation can be trying at times. Brigade Games is a labor of love.

So order when you can. Email me or IM me if you have any questions.

Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »
The new stuff looks very nice  ;)
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Mad Doc Morris

• Mastermind
  • Olympus speaketh?
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2008, 01:59:29 PM »
brigadegames,
thanks for all the effort. Chapeau for your 'halftime business'. I'm really not questioning your shipping policy, but I'm a little bit scared by German customs officials. Sometimes you're lucky enough to avoid being declared - but don't rely on that. UPS and the like are said to be controlled by default. If your package is picked, you have to fetch it from the next customs office and to remargin the taxes. Nobody's fault, only bureau-crazy... ::)

fastolfrus,
I'm after a lot of stuff (maybe apart from modern after 1944). Perhaps I'll start a topic on the marketplace as soon as I compiled a list. ;)

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 02:24:50 PM »
BTW - I ship United States Postal Service (US Mail), not UPS (United Parcel Service).

I sent you an IM.

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2008, 03:52:40 PM »
Ok now I am really hooked!  I actually thought I probably wouldn't be buying the Indians in this range--just because I have probably 150 Woodland Indians of various makes already--but now I will definitely be getting those as well. Would be nice at some point to see more specifically tribal Indians for the range though as I don't think there are many ranges for early New England tribes. In fact, The Eureka Powhatans are the only ones I can think of.  I am not an expert, but aren't these Indians more 18th century, generic Last of the Mohicans looking? Also would it be appropriate to have a few pilgrims in the conquistador style helmets, and will the new settlers pack mix historically with this range?  I obviously need a little education here  ;)

ax

PS: When will the pre-order go up?

Offline Lowtardog

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »
You cant go wrong with Lon from BNrigade I have ordered a few times, postage is top notch and he is very cunning in how the parcel is sent truely a smuggler in a previous life :D

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Ok now I am really hooked!  I actually thought I probably wouldn't be buying the Indians in this range--just because I have probably 150 Woodland Indians of various makes already--but now I will definitely be getting those as well. Would be nice at some point to see more specifically tribal Indians for the range though as I don't think there are many ranges for early New England tribes. In fact, The Eureka Powhatans are the only ones I can think of.  I am not an expert, but aren't these Indians more 18th century, generic Last of the Mohicans looking? Also would it be appropriate to have a few pilgrims in the conquistador style helmets, and will the new settlers pack mix historically with this range?  I obviously need a little education here  ;)

ax

PS: When will the pre-order go up?

I would highly advise picking up and reading "Mayflower." There is a link to the book and other KPW books on my site on the right side/mid page.

The book starts with the Pilgrims in England and their attempts to get to the New World. It then gets into the relationships they built with come of the local Indian tribes and how they co-existed and after a period of dependence on the Indians the rolls reversed and many of the tribes became dependent upon the Pilgrims. This didn't sit well with all the tribes and even with some within some of the closest tribes and resulted in King Philip's War (Metacomb's War.) The younger generation who did not experience and fully understand the relationship building/co-existence and reliance that the original Indians and Pilgrims had developed were the main instigators of the war.

That said, the closest Indian tribes would dress in mixes of "anglo" and native clothing and hence this is how I chose to have Paul do these first packs. As with all ranges, if sales are promising adding to the range is a no brainer. I have already received good verbal response and I am personally intrigued with the period so there will be at least a few more packs. I suspect it will be a bunch more packs though if my intuition is correct. As always, make whatever suggestions you would like in my yahoo group.

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »
The period seems very interesting and is certainly a new spin on the F&IW. Readily admitting that I know pretty much nothing about the war, would there have been any use of mounted troops, or does it stay pretty much like the 1750's - mainly infantry/ skirmishers? Did the pilgrims have any artillery? Small cannon?

Just curious.. :)

Offline SgtPerry

• Mad Scientist
    • Perry's Heroes
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:02 PM »
Love the guy with sword and pistol!

Solomon Kane!

:-*