Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689300
  • Total Topics: 118271
  • Online Today: 605
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Brigade Games UpComing New Period - King Philip's War  (Read 18554 times)

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
Re: Brigade Games UpComing New Period - King Philip's War
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Thanks for the response Lon. I will pick up Mayflower, and when I have a little more knowledge of the subject may make some requests on the BG group.  Right now it'll be fun doing some research and just figuring out how to paint the figs.  I always wanted to run a Call of Cthulhu game set in Jamestown, and these figures will double for that as well...

AX

Offline Gallowglass

• Scientist
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
a Call of Cthulhu game set in Jamestown,

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Can I play???
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2008, 02:58:18 PM »
Cthulu in Jamestown is good, but setting it in Roanoke would explain a lot!

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2008, 03:19:33 PM »

The new releases pretty much definitely won't go to to any retailers before a several month delay as I need to recuperate as much investment as possible as quickly as possible to keep this locomotive on it's tracks. Most don't realize that Brigade is a part time business for me that has grown enormously with support from customers like on LE. I wish I could do it full time but as with many businesses in this hobby it only makes a small profit. I also re-invest a lot into the business to hopefully continue it's growth. I have the added complication of working with family in my day time job which anyone can tell you in a similar situation can be trying at times. Brigade Games is a labor of love.

It sounds like you could use all the encouragement so let me tell you that your business is one of very few companies awarded a top ranking five stars in 'hammershields Extremely Stern and Influential Guide to Wargaming Companies' (colloquially 'Guide hammershield'). And ,let me tell you, my undercover shoppers weigh in such various parameters as quality, range of catalog, frequency of new products, PnP expediency, degree of images in online store, discretion towards customs authority and/spouse and usage of penned in personal salutations on invoice, to name a few.

I congratulate you, sir!

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2008, 08:57:03 PM »

It sounds like you could use all the encouragement so let me tell you that your business is one of very few companies awarded a top ranking five stars in 'hammershields Extremely Stern and Influential Guide to Wargaming Companies' (colloquially 'Guide hammershield'). And ,let me tell you, my undercover shoppers weigh in such various parameters as quality, range of catalog, frequency of new products, PnP expediency, degree of images in online store, discretion towards customs authority and/spouse and usage of penned in personal salutations on invoice, to name a few.

I congratulate you, sir!

Thanks for the praise.
Lon Weiss
BrigadeGames
Boot Hill

http://www.BrigadeGames.com

http://www.BrigadeGamesMinis.com

Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/brigadegames

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BrigadeGames

IG: https://www.instagram.com/BrigadeGames<br /

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2008, 08:12:17 AM »
I would highly advise picking up and reading "Mayflower." There is a link to the book and other KPW books on my site on the right side/mid page.

Lon,

As I'm unable to find the link you mentioned [almost certainly due to my ineptitude and not a fault with the website], is this the book you mention?

If so, it appears to be available for low prices used on Amazon.co.uk  :D

Cheers,
Ian

Offline Conquest

• Librarian
    • http://www.conquestminiatures.com
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2008, 04:33:26 PM »
That would be it Gluteous. It's a great read.
It's not cheating if your stupid.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 08:33:46 AM »
That would be it Gluteous. It's a great read.

Thanks!

I'm hoping it will arrive from Amazon.co.uk soon. Only GBP5.90 for the hardback version means more cash to spend on your's and Brigade's Indians  :D

I'm not too worried whether they are slightly anachronistic for this war, as I can use them for the 18thC too. I love multi-use armies.

Offline Aaron

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »
I have an older edition of Leach's Flintlock and Tomahawk: New England in King Philip's War I picked up a few years back. I still have not read it, but it has several useful maps and looks like it would be great for putting together scenarios and a campaign.

http://www.amazon.com/Flintlock-Tomahawk-England-King-Philips/dp/0940160552/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215090137&sr=1-1

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2008, 11:29:42 PM »
Yes that appears to be it. We had a different cover here in the USA.

And to answer your other question - on the main page - http:/www.brigadegames.com there are 2 vertical banners on the extreme right side - one is specifically to links for KPW books at Amazon.

As a side note - I received the metal masters the other day and they went in the mail FedEx to my caster and molder for productions molding and casting. Release should be in a few weeks and I will put the pre-orders up this weekend.

Offline Gluteus Maximus

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
Yes that appears to be it. We had a different cover here in the USA.

And to answer your other question - on the main page - http:/www.brigadegames.com there are 2 vertical banners on the extreme right side - one is specifically to links for KPW books at Amazon.

As a side note - I received the metal masters the other day and they went in the mail FedEx to my caster and molder for productions molding and casting. Release should be in a few weeks and I will put the pre-orders up this weekend.

Thanks Lon!

Well, found the book eventually and received it from Amazon.co.uk on Friday. Now all I have to do is save up and get figure orders organised!  :D

Offline axabrax

• Mastermind
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2008, 03:00:05 PM »
Did I miss the pre-order somewhere over the weekend? Can't find it....

Offline Shikari Sahib

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2008, 08:48:57 AM »
Hi Lon,
on your website the figures are not on the list, when they will be available?
thanks
Piero

PS: I'm one of your customer from Rome,Italy

Offline Operator5

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Silent Sentinel
    • Rattrap Productions LLC
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2008, 09:55:42 AM »
I spoke with Lon yesterday (and delivered his copies of Among the War Parties). I expect you'll see the pre-order either today or tomorrow.
Richard A. Johnson
On Facebook: Rattrap on Facebook

Offline brigadegames

• Scientist
    • BrigadeGames.com
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2008, 11:04:58 PM »
We have our incoming castings of the first release of our King Philip's War range arriving in
the next day or so.

On Friday, Among the War Parties will be released.

Those who preorder will have the miniatures and the rules shipped on Thursday (of course that assumes I get the miniatures on Thursday otherwise they will ship when they arrive.)

Those who preorder and put "Historicon pickup" will have a parcel waiting at our booth in
the Exhibition Hall. If you have already placed an order for pickup and want to add to it just
place the order in the webstore and reference the other pickup order in the comments.

Those who order after Saturday I will not be able to guarantee shipment until following
the Historicon convention (we leave for the convention 7/22 and return 7/28.)

I have activated the codes for preorders:

http://www.brigadegames.com/go.mvc?ID=BGKPW

Please note that Among the War Parties is a supplement for Gloire so if you don't have
that, you will need it for the core rules.

b/r

Lon Weiss
Brigade Games

P.S. Feeling better each day after having my gall bladder removed last week.