Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1686604
  • Total Topics: 118111
  • Online Today: 626
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 12:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Lovecraftian Painting Circle! (LPC)  (Read 222504 times)

Offline Theatralic

• Scientist
Re: The Lovecraftian Painting Circle! (LPC)
« Reply #420 on: April 04, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
LPC 100 Shoggoth or as I call it "Pinky"

It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train—a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter.   ”   
— H. P. Lovecraft, At The Mountains of Madness

After taking this picture the Kid went insane. Authorities are sure that its an elaborate Fake and the Boy on some kind of new hallucinogen drug.

I am sorry for the blurry Pic , the Lighting here is rather bad at nights, but its probably for the Better since the Miniature is a speedpaint attempt. One Basecoat, One wash, drybrush and loads of Gloss varnish. I experimented for the first Time with Tamiya for Blood effects and now it looks like something from a REALLY BAD B Movie  lol .

Still, its way better for a Baordgame than unpainted grey Miniatures, but I can`t bring myself to put as much work in those Guys as in nice Pewter Models.

Edit: I know its a bit of a letdown for no 100, especially after some rather awesom entries, please take my appologies for not showing something more epic fitting to this whole endeavour. I would have wished for another number ;)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:05:07 AM by Theatralic »

My Vintage Dwarfs: leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=42987.0

Offline Uncle Mike

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Strange Aeons
« Reply #421 on: April 04, 2014, 01:46:56 AM »
Beautiful! And now the starts revolve mindlessly and the gate is closed...but for how long? Before the collective sanity of the members of this forum erodes further it is time to put an end to this madness we have called: The Lovecraftian Painting Circle.

I must thank all the participants for their time, effort and general 'not-normal-ness'. Never before...and possibly never again will such a thing be attempted by the squishy hands of man! And what a go we have made of it! Eh? A hundred horrible fiends brought to life in blood-dripping colour! The painting club that challenged the world!!!

If you participated don't forget to claim your badge, it just may get you out of a tight eldritch spot in the future...and to those who only looked on; fear! Yes, fear what may happen to your sanity from viewing this anomalous collection. It may already be too late for anyone reading this, but before we are reduced to babbling lunacy let me say thanks to all for a great thing. We are the key and the gate!!! Ia! Ia! LeadAdventure Fhtagn!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 02:06:07 AM by Uncle Mike »

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #422 on: April 04, 2014, 04:15:40 AM »
Theatralic, that is DIS-GUST-ING.

Perfect!

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #423 on: April 04, 2014, 06:27:55 AM »
Beautiful! And now the starts revolve mindlessly and the gate is closed...but for how long? Before the collective sanity of the members of this forum erodes further it is time to put an end to this madness we have called: The Lovecraftian Painting Circle.

I must thank all the participants for their time, effort and general 'not-normal-ness'. Never before...and possibly never again will such a thing be attempted by the squishy hands of man! And what a go we have made of it! Eh? A hundred horrible fiends brought to life in blood-dripping colour! The painting club that challenged the world!!!

If you participated don't forget to claim your badge, it just may get you out of a tight eldritch spot in the future...and to those who only looked on; fear! Yes, fear what may happen to your sanity from viewing this anomalous collection. It may already be too late for anyone reading this, but before we are reduced to babbling lunacy let me say thanks to all for a great thing. We are the key and the gate!!! Ia! Ia! LeadAdventure Fhtagn!!!

Ia, ia!

Thanks a lot for this one Mike. It my be my favorite among the PCs.

Offline Voogla

• Bookworm
« Reply #424 on: April 04, 2014, 07:22:48 AM »

thanks for organizing this, it has been a pleasure to follow the 100 entries that were of an amazing quality I have to say. Mythos painting circle next  ;) ?
Man kann einen flamer nicht auf overwatch setzen!
leadadventureforum.com/gallery/16/1338_04_02_14_4_41_04_1.jpg

Offline EndTransmission

• Scientist
  • Little horror
    • EndTransmission's random gaming things
« Reply #425 on: April 04, 2014, 07:31:44 AM »
Fantastic work throughout, congratulations one and all... and a big thanks to Mike too!

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #426 on: April 04, 2014, 08:17:01 AM »
Fantastic work throughout, congratulations one and all... and a big thanks to Mike too!

Echo!
Echo..!
Echo....!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #427 on: April 04, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »
Ot was wonderful to see everyone's work.  The froggy I think was the trippiest for me, it was just done so well!

Just curious, where will they post the announcement for the next group?
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Hammers

• Amateur papiermachiéer
  • Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
  • Workbench and Pulp Moderator
« Reply #428 on: April 04, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »
Ot was wonderful to see everyone's work.  The froggy I think was the trippiest for me, it was just done so well!

Just curious, where will they post the announcement for the next group?

The talk on the street is that it won't happen till LPL8 is over. When it is time you will find it in link in the LAF information bar, top of the page) and as an announcement in the relevant board.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #429 on: April 04, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
The talk on the street is that it won't happen till LPL8 is over. When it is time you will find it in link in the LAF information bar, top of the page) and as an announcement in the relevant board.

Thanks Hammers!

Offline styx

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #430 on: April 04, 2014, 11:52:47 AM »
Great work! Amazing stuff!
Check out my blogs!

Warhammer 40k, Fantasy and more!: http://armyoftheweek.blogspot.com

Warhammer Historicals: Legends of the High Seas and Old West, Gladiator: http://diceoflegends.blogspot.com/

Strange Aeons: http://strangeraeonsadventures.blogspot.com

Offline Argonor

• Elder God
  • Attic Attack: Mead and Dice!
    • Argonor's Wargames
« Reply #431 on: April 04, 2014, 12:41:12 PM »

That's cool! Gives me time to complete a couple of small projects before the next running amok  lol
Ask at the LAF, and answer shall thy be given!

Cultist #84

Offline fiendil

• Student
« Reply #432 on: April 04, 2014, 08:31:50 PM »
Some lovely work, chaps. Well done on all the painted models.

I finished a (slightly silly) model for this last night, but didn't get this login authorised in time to post a pic before the circle closed. Looking forward to the next circle so I can help spread the horror.  :D
death before honour

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #433 on: April 04, 2014, 08:35:43 PM »
Some lovely work, chaps. Well done on all the painted models.

I finished a (slightly silly) model for this last night, but didn't get this login authorised in time to post a pic before the circle closed. Looking forward to the next circle so I can help spread the horror.  :D

Why not post it on the main Cthuluhu board as a topic of its own.
 ;)

And welcome aboard!
 :D

Offline Commander Vyper

• Galactic Brain
  • Remember Reach.
« Reply #434 on: April 04, 2014, 08:39:06 PM »
Why not post it on the main Cthuluhu board as a topic of its own.
 ;)

And welcome aboard!
 :D

That! :)
Now water can flow....or water can crash...be water my friend.
Sifu Bruce Lee.