Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:34:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691079
  • Total Topics: 118370
  • Online Today: 843
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 'El Ravager" My intrepid fighter UPDATED: Touched up a few things  (Read 3376 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: 'El Ravager" My intrepid fighter UPDATED: Touched up a few things
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 02:57:15 AM »
To Bo Coo...

Is now when I mention I've been painting up my DF terrain and a couple of Otherworld Minis over the past week as well?  lol

(and as luck would have it I selected a Sergeant who comes with a sword...and gave him an axe!? - what are the chances!)

I suspect we're on two sides of some weird dungeon crawling conspiracy...One other question: did you paint your DF pieces or are those pre-painted?
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
To Bo Coo...

Is now when I mention I've been painting up my DF terrain and a couple of Otherworld Minis over the past week as well?  lol

(and as luck would have it I selected a Sergeant who comes with a sword...and gave him an axe!? - what are the chances!)

I suspect we're on two sides of some weird dungeon crawling conspiracy...One other question: did you paint your DF pieces or are those pre-painted?

Spooky stuff!  :D

I bought my DF stuff prepainted.  I just have way too many projects already, I needed something finished! :)
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:04 AM »
LOOKIN' GOOD! The colors you chose & the brushwork are OUTSTANDING...love the checks & stripes. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks! :D

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2014, 08:53:30 AM »
Will we see a Black Lotus too ? :-D

Crimson Lotus! :D

Offline Jevenkah

• Mad Scientist
  • Orcs will rule the world, if we're not careful
    • Sword and Sorcery RPG
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
Sweet job on a very interesting character! I like the shading on the folds of his pants.

Jevenkah

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »
Okay, I thought they were pre-painted because the different colour stones are all identical (ie. assembly line painted).  Just wondering.  I've been slowly painting up a bunch of mine.  I can't wait to see some of your set-ups.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 07:15:57 PM »
Okay, I thought they were pre-painted because the different colour stones are all identical (ie. assembly line painted).  Just wondering.  I've been slowly painting up a bunch of mine.  I can't wait to see some of your set-ups.

Yep, pre-painted :)  I got a good enough deal on evilbay that the diff between painted and not was so small I figured what the heck. 

Cheers!  I'm really looking forward to getting my kit going.  I picked up about 600gbp of Otherworld minis at the end of the year, so I have tons of lead in my future!

How is your kit going?

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »
Sweet job on a very interesting character! I like the shading on the folds of his pants.

Jevenkah

Thanks Mate!  I've been following your thread with great interest!  Wonderful stuff!

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »
600!?  Good lord.  :o  I'm in the opposite boat...I have few minis, but more dwarven forge stuff than I can fit in my car, lol.  So the dungeon is about 95% done, lol, and the minis...eh...not so much.  That'll be a slow crawl.  Have a dozen orcs, some ghouls primed, and a handful of adventurers in the works.

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2014, 09:28:18 PM »
600!?  Good lord.  :o  I'm in the opposite boat...I have few minis, but more dwarven forge stuff than I can fit in my car, lol.  So the dungeon is about 95% done, lol, and the minis...eh...not so much.  That'll be a slow crawl.  Have a dozen orcs, some ghouls primed, and a handful of adventurers in the works.

I have a really good girl, and it's sort of an early graduation present to me :D  5 years and the PhD is almost done! 

I picked up 2 KS sets of DF stuff and then I got the large floors, door and diagonals as well. I worked in a hobby shop as a kid and we had 2 boxes of DF stuff that NO ONE ever could afford and so they sat on the shelf while I dreamed of my own set one day.  I'm very happy with the game tiles. 

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2014, 09:37:48 PM »
Awesome.  Yeah...I'm broke and working a piss job now, but previously I was quite nicely employed.  I was smart enough at the time to think "hmmm...I should buy a bunch of DF stuff while I can afford it..." and stocked up, basically buying almost everything I saw listed on eBay.  lol  Now...6 years later it's kinda paid off.  To flesh out my stuff, I did grab up the two-set purchase from the KS, but unpainted.

By the way, congrats on the impending graduation...that's freakin' awesome.  Wish I had gone to school for something other than Theatre  :D  I look forward to calling you "Dr. Bo Coo". :D

Offline Too Bo Coo

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • The Adder Noir
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2014, 09:52:19 PM »

By the way, congrats on the impending graduation...that's freakin' awesome.  Wish I had gone to school for something other than Theatre  :D  I look forward to calling you "Dr. Bo Coo". :D

Cheers Mate!  Me too! :D