Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:36:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691091
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 859
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: Epic Heroes Fantasy Skirmish Release Update Page 2  (Read 7111 times)

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
    • Strategic Elite: Skirmish Wargames for the Discerning Strategist
Epic Heroes Fantasy Skirmish Release Update Page 2
« on: February 05, 2014, 06:17:08 AM »
Hi gang! As we approach the release of Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy, we are giving our fans some insight about how the fantasy supplement will work with the Brink of Battle main rules.  We discussed Prestige Gear which is Gear that has some requirements that a model must first meet before purchasing and using it.  For today's peek we are looking a Magic Weapon which requires a Cleric (Holy) on the Force and that it must be in the Modern Period from 1880 or later. Perfect for your Weird West style of game.  And so, without further ado I give you The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, California!  lol

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, California (PSG)
Requires: Cleric (Holy), Period 3, Equivalent Year between 1880AD or later
Weapon Type: Hand Grenade

For decades, the secret to crafting and blessing this magical explosive has been safeguarded by the Superior General of the Jesuit Order. When required, the Holy Hand Grenade is created and consecrated for use by one of the many Jesuit Kill Teams located throughout the world.  

This Magic Gear may only be used once per Game.  

Gear Traits:

•   Ascendant
•   Base Damage Bonus+2
•   Brutal vs. Diabolic, Undead, or Unholy models
•   Fire
•   Holy
•   Mystical
•   Unique
35 SP

Noch Weiter!

Bob Faust
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:52:31 AM by Faust23 »
Author of the Origins Award 2013 Nominated Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages; Epic Heroes: Skirmish Gaming in the Realms of Fantasy; and Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames published by Osprey Games

Offline Grün

• Assistant
Re: Epic Heroes Fantasy Skirmish Sneak Peek
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 01:40:22 PM »
Sounds interessting,
so, when can I get a copy of "Epic Heroes"

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 07:55:42 AM »
Sounds interessting,
so, when can I get a copy of "Epic Heroes"

We're on target for mid to late March. But that's all assuming our twins won't be born until April.   :D

All the principal rules are written. We're painting figures, finishing art work, and getting ready for our photo shoot so we can assemble the beast and get it to market.

Offline manic _miner

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Four A miniatures
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 12:26:19 PM »
 Looking forward to this Bob.

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »
Looking forward to this Bob.

So are we! Drew and I have been working on BoB and Epic Heroes non-stop for the past 4 years, me for the past 8.  We are looking forward to just playing and posting our warbands, scenery, and batreps.  :D

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 06:43:33 PM »
Ok BoB fans! We are just over a month away from the release of Epic Heroes!  Here's your Sneak Peek #2 - Prestige Traits for the Two Weapon Fighting Trait. Remember, Prestige Traits are like normal Traits except the model must already have the Required base Trait in order to take the Prestige versions. These types of Traits usually cost less points, still use a Trait slot, but are great at further defining of the base Trait.  So without further exposition, here are the new Prestige Traits for Two Weapon Fighting!

Two Weapon Fighting (PRF) – This is the same Profile Trait from the Brink of Battle main rule book.

Two Weapon Defense (PST)
Requires: Two Weapon Fighting

Extensive training in this fighting style has improved this model’s use of his off-hand weapon to deflect and block enemy blows.

While an Active Defender in Close combat this model’s Off-hand weapon gains the Shield Trait.  Note that this does not prevent this model from using either weapon as his Primary Weapon on Attacks. 
5 SP

Two Weapon Hurricane (PST)

A skilled warrior in the two weapon technique this model is expert at leveraging its attacks to maximum effect.

When making Damage Checks while fighting with Two Weapons in Close combat, this model adds the Base Damage of the secondary Weapon to the Base Damage of the main Weapon he is using for the Damage Check.
10 SP

Two Weapon Whirlwind (PST)

A model trained in this style of fighting knows how to keep all of his enemies at bay weaving a dazzling web of thrusts and swings with his two weapons.

When Engaged in Close combat with Multiple opponents this model will not allocate its Attacks as usual.  Instead it will roll its Attack dice and take the highest score and apply it to all Engaged opposing models. 

This maneuver does not prevent the model from suffering a CBT/2 penalty from being Engaged with Multiple opponents, it just alters the application of the Attack result. 
10 SP

Noch Weiter!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
Re: Epic Heroes Fantasy Skirmish Sneak Peek #2
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 06:11:37 AM »
Epic Heroes Sneak Peek #3 - Champion Traits!

When your favorite Barbarian swings his father's sword in a whirling arc of death striking everyone around him, he's using a Champion Trait.

When your favorite Super Elf slides down an elephant trunk while firing multiple arrows, that's a Champion Trait.

When the fencing Maestro disarms your soldier's weapon, he used a Champion Trait to do it!

Champion Traits represent all of the special martial maneuvers and training that a warrior can use to differentiate himself in battle. Purchased like normal Profile Traits, these enhanced ploys and techniques really give your Brink of Battle games the Epic Heroes treatment! Here are some new rules for you to chew on:

Bully’s Boot (CMP) – A shameless practitioner of dirty fighting, this model presses his advantage at every opportunity. 

This model gains a +3 CBT bonus when Attacking Shocked or Entangled enemy models in Close combat.

This Trait may only be used on enemy models that were Shocked or Entangled prior to this model’s declaration of the Close combat Attack Action. 

This Trait may not be used if this model is subject to the Shocked condition.
5 SP

Knockdown Attack (CMP) – A model with this Trait has trained to knock an opponent off his feet instead of delivering a potentially deadly blow.

To use this Trait, this model must allocate all of its Close combat Weapon Attacks against a single enemy model.  For this designated Attack, this model’s Weapon gains the Entangle Trait.

If this model successfully hits that same target opponent in Close combat, in addition to the Entangle effect, the target Defender becomes subject to the Heavy Trait for the remainder of the Turn.

No Damage Check is made, as this Trait’s effects replace that roll.

This Trait may not be used against Cavalry, War Beast, Big Bastard, or Monstrosity models.
10 SP

Crushing Blow (CMP) – Extensive training has given this model increased force when delivering strikes to an enemy’s personal armor.

When making Close combat Attacks or Counter-Attacks with a Close combat Weapon, this model’s weapon gains the Impact Gear Trait.
10 SP

Furious Charge (CMP) – Possessed by the fury of battle, this model surges forth swinging his weapon with wild abandon.

This model gains +1 Base Attack when charging on Foot.  This applies only during the execution of the Charge Action.
10 SP

Master Arbalist (CMP) – This model has had extensive training and experience with all manner of Crossbows.  He can work his weapon like an instrument and is far more deadly than most archers of his era.

When using any Crossbow, this Trait negates the Slow Gear Trait of that Weapon, if any. 

This model increases the Rate of Fire of any Crossbow Weapon he uses by +1. 

Finally, this model adds +2” to the Effective Range of any Crossbow he uses.
15 SP

Trick Shooter (CMP) – This model is skilled at attacking opponents in their most vital and vulnerable areas with ranged weapons.     

Whenever this model is making a Damage Check from a Ranged combat Weapon Attack he may re-roll his die roll once per Turn.  The second result is used and only one die may be re-rolled even if another Game effect grants additional dice to the Damage Check.
10 SP

'Til next week,

Noch Weiter!

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
Re: Epic Heroes Fantasy Skirmish New Cover Pic 02-27-2014
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 07:42:50 PM »

Here's our final cover for the Fantasy supplement. We're getting closer to release!

Noch Weiter!

Offline Stavros Banjo

• Scientist
  • I despise normality
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 08:41:02 PM »
Here's our final cover for the Fantasy supplement. We're getting closer to release!

Awesome stuff! I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on this.

....erm, could somebody please pass the tissues. With all this excitement, I've had a bit of a trouser accident  :D
...and what fresh new hell is this?

Offline killshot

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Mastermind
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 02:15:06 AM »
Great!  I'm looking forward to it!!

Offline Damien

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 02:22:44 AM »
BA BOOM! What a great cover! Great art and vibrant colours, whats not to like.

Cheers,
 Damien

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 05:48:34 PM »
Thanks D! You're really gonna dig the new rules.  :D

Offline grobut

• Bookworm
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2014, 10:59:58 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait! :D
My miniature blog: http://christianbech.dk

Offline Faust23

• Mastermind
  • Father of Sorrows
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 08:09:04 AM »
Awesome! Can't wait! :D

We're doing the professional photo shoot next weds. You're stuff will be in the book.  :D

Offline seldon

• Scientist
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »
Sooo... wheeeeen !!!

I just saw the cover, I was not paying attention for a while :) and it looks great... I know, don't judge a book by the cover, however since I own BoB it is really more than that !!

When can I get my claws on the new rules....?

cheers
Francisco