Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:46:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1691095
  • Total Topics: 118371
  • Online Today: 860
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 129583 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:02 AM »
And YES...finally the Guardhouse done. Took me a while to complete, but it's finished!

A lot of new things on this building. This was the first MAS building I assembled, so it's not perfect. The beams on the corner aren't all well placed and I snapped off one of the window panes. So that window had to go and I made some kind of air filtration (or airco) unit on top of it. It's made of an old bank card with some Battlestar Galactica miscasts on top.
Next are the windows...this was actually my first MAS building I painted with windows. I wanted good contrast, so went with yellow. Works well I'd say. The painting does take longer because I need to airbrush these seperately. And I had some annoying airbrush problems, so they took a while.
Then the weathering. Now the warm browns are the same as on the other buildings. Just a matter of simply airbrushing VMA Rust around the thing. But I also wanted to try the Modelmates Track Dust I have (this stuff: http://www.modelmates.co.uk/model-mates-weathering-products/pots-track-dirt/). And DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN that works well! Just slap it on with a brush and let it dry. Then take a damp brush and add streaks and push the pigment around until you're happy. You can also use your fingers with good result. You can recognize the Track Dirst as the brown-green grime on the building. I really recommend this stuff! Perfect for easy and good looking weathering.
Finally, I added some graffiti decals I bought on eBay. Now I went for decals on transparant paper, but in hindsight I'd should have bought the decals on white paper. The disadvantage of transparant paper is that the painting underneath shines through. So not ideal for decals. But still, I think they are acceptable.
The Antenociti resin bits I added were painted and I then added some screens to them. I made a PDF in InDesign with all the right measurements, so I have enough cutouts to glue in the screens.

This one took a while...but I'm very happy nonetheless. Now let's see...what's next...? A car?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:56:04 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Etranger

• Mad Scientist
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2014, 07:50:36 AM »
Very nice. The Ad-cubes are great. If anyone is tempted to light them beware that bulbs will potentially give off a lot of heat & could end  up distorting or melting the cube. It would be less of an issue with LEDs but i'd still suggest some ventilation holes somewhere in the cube.
"It's only a flesh wound...."

Offline cheetor

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Defixum manendum est.
    • sho3box
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »

That building is great. The vibrancy of the painting throughout this project is stand-out: I love it.

Online majorsmith

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2014, 08:43:50 AM »
Great thread some seriously nice work

Offline Wirelizard

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Needs More Zeppelin!
    • The Warbard
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
Very nice. The Ad-cubes are great. If anyone is tempted to light them beware that bulbs will potentially give off a lot of heat & could end  up distorting or melting the cube. It would be less of an issue with LEDs but i'd still suggest some ventilation holes somewhere in the cube.

LEDs generate basically no heat at all when running, so this won't be an issue. Given how cheap LEDs are these days, I'm not sure you can even get miniature incandescent bulbs anymore...

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »
Beautiful work. Your lighting effects are excellent!  :-*

Offline Diakon

• Mad Scientist
  • Fancy a Battlefight?
    • My Blog - Tales From The Lead Pile
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41:39 PM »
 :o Really liking the guardhouse. Excellent addition. Love all the little details like graffiti and lighting etc.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #142 on: August 13, 2014, 06:29:03 PM »
transparent decal paper is great for black decals or for colored decals on white background.

I'm using them for classic slotcars or for my american football "away" jerseys ;)

the white decals is a bit more work, since you have to match the background color, and often paint some fixes because the decals borders can "bleed" and white become visible.

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #143 on: August 13, 2014, 07:13:32 PM »
Excellent info sundayhero! Good to know for future purchases. Thanks 8)

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #144 on: December 17, 2014, 06:45:45 PM »
Malebolgia,

I was wondering if you can post a copy of your draft rules?  I have been looking for a cyberpunk skirmish system, and I would love to take a look at what you have come up with?

Salcor

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #145 on: December 18, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »
Of course, no problem. But note it is a add-on for Pulp Alley, so not a full rules set. You'll need Pulp Alley to play. But honestly, I think everybody needs Pulp Alley for their games :D

Considering this topic...I have been working on a BIG building for a while. First I must finish some pulp stuff before February 8, and then it is back to the Cyberpunk!!!

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #146 on: December 19, 2014, 01:39:06 AM »
Yup,

I would love to see your add on notes.  I have been trying to find a good cyberpunk skirmish ruleset since Rezolution has not been very well supported.  I was thinking about converting the Zed or Alive miniatures rules that are based on Savage Worlds to use for Cyberpunk, but I found your post about Pulp Alley.  I look forward to giving this a try, and possibly breaking out my paints again.

Salcor

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2014, 01:40:11 PM »
I'd love to see some more in this thread ;)

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #148 on: December 28, 2014, 04:20:03 PM »
So I have reading through Pulp Alley.  It reminds me of Savage Worlds a little. I like how you can stat out your own models for it ti customize your league.  I still do not fully understand how slots work though.

Salcor

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #149 on: December 28, 2014, 04:56:03 PM »
So I have reading through Pulp Alley.  It reminds me of Savage Worlds a little. I like how you can stat out your own models for it ti customize your league.  I still do not fully understand how slots work though.

Salcor

Is there anything in particular? I'm sure many of us would be happy to help you sort out any trouble.

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.