Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 129558 times)

Offline Connectamabob

• Mastermind
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2014, 10:05:28 PM »
Your stuff here is great! I particularly love the noodle shop.

Finally, I added some graffiti decals I bought on eBay. Now I went for decals on transparant paper, but in hindsight I'd should have bought the decals on white paper. The disadvantage of transparant paper is that the painting underneath shines through. So not ideal for decals. But still, I think they are acceptable.

You have an airbrush, so I'd say once you've figured out what decal you want where, just spray a "blob" of white in the shape of the decal right where you want it to go.

Could probably do the same with a rattlecan by either using silly Putty masking, or by tracing and cutting a stencil then blu-tacking it to the surface so it's a little bit raised (in order to created a feathered instead of sharp edge).

Either way, I'd just make sure that the white patch is slightly smaller than the decal so the decal edge feathers naturally to the surface instead of being obviously on a white patch.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 10:07:30 PM by Connectamabob »
History viewed from the inside is always a dark, digestive mess, far different from the easily recognizable cow viewed from afar by historians.

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2014, 03:23:54 AM »
Is there anything in particular? I'm sure many of us would be happy to help you sort out any trouble.

So if I understand correctly at base you have 10 slots to fill with models other than you leader.  However league perks alo to p slots as well.  What other options take slots?  It would be interesting to see some of the Cyber Alley team rostersto get an understanding.  Also, for this conversion are there any specific abilities or perks?  Is there a hacker ability,for example?

Salcor

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #152 on: December 29, 2014, 03:49:21 AM »
Yes, you get 10 points.

For abilities, you're free to rename them. A fantasy character's lightning bolt might also be a psyker's mindblast, which is the main way you cover the difference between genres. Also, for games with a lot of magic or special abilities, the makers of Pulp Alley suggest giving all characters one more ability (level restrictions still apply though).

As for points, you can use them on Perks, Characters, Associates (who are in the Vice Alley book - they're basically characters who don't show up in person, but provided passive or situational bonuses) and a few other things like vehicles.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:51:11 AM by FramFramson »

I joined my gun with pirate swords, and sailed the seas of cyberspace.

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #153 on: December 29, 2014, 03:59:29 AM »
So if I understand correctly at base you have 10 slots to fill with models other than you leader.  However league perks alo to p slots as well.  What other options take slots?  It would be interesting to see some of the Cyber Alley team rostersto get an understanding.  Also, for this conversion are there any specific abilities or perks?  Is there a hacker ability,for example?

Salcor

Hi Salcor, thanks for taking a look at Pulp Alley. Yes, you have it correct. Slots can be easily thought of as "points". Characters and Perks are the only things that require slots.

Hopefully Malebolgia can share some of his Cyber Alley rosters. In general, players use the full range of Pulp Alley abilities/perks. The Perilous Island abilities seem very popular for this kind of stuff -- and are frequently re-named to better fit the setting.

For a high fantasy or sci-fi settings I recommend adding an extra starting ability to all characters to represent things like races, hi-tech gear, mutations, and so on.

HAVE FUN

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #154 on: December 29, 2014, 07:20:43 AM »
Thanks for all the inputs.  I need to get vice alley to look through it as well.  So far some abilities that I am thinking of adding.

Hacker: level 2 ability,  character can use cunning as an attack out to 24 inches ignoring cover.  Also provides some benefit to pass plot point challenges.  But I cannot think of what yet.

Powered armor: gadget.  Character gains 1 point of armor like a vehicle and can mount a light or medium gun, ignoring the minimum crew requirement.

Salcor

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #155 on: December 29, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
System Tool

If you want more clear yellow figures, there is E Ray from DC Origins

Vet Pulsar from Marvel Sinister

There is also Vet Vision from Marvel SuperNova if you wanted a multi-functional avatar.

And if you wanted some large orange ones, there is Zzzax from Mutations & Monsters and Surtur from Hammer of Thor
Looking for a set of rules that adaptable for different genres.

Offline Puuka

• Mad Scientist
  • The Deputies come
    • Shaggy Puuka Dice Bags and Accessories.
« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »
If you want cheap Heroclix figures that are "cyborgs" look up the following on your preferred purchasing site.

Deathlok
Tharok
Indigo (Teen Titans)
Madam Masque
Lady Deathstrike
Cyborg
Skullbuster
Techno/Fixer
Raza
Cyborg Superman
Metallo
Omega Prime Sentinel
Pretty Boy
Hulk Robot
Weapon X
Nebula
I.S.A.A.C.
Cable
Magog
Genesis

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »
Has anyone used world works terrain for their cyber alley games?

Salcor

Offline Cherno

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Has anyone used world works terrain for their cyber alley games?

Salcor
The SwiftScenics line, especially the office blocks, are very nice for CP gaming (if you don't need interiors).

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »
Sorry for the lack of replies guys! A bit of a roller coaster here as my 2 year old son was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 :(. So a lot of stuff going on...but I will post some Cyber Alley cards I made soon to show how Pulp Alley can be used for Cyberpunk. And I'll also post the rules I wrote. The Cyberspace tiles I made can be found in this topic (somewhere...;)) IIRC.
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2015, 11:01:25 PM »
Sorry for the lack of replies guys! A bit of a roller coaster here as my 2 year old son was diagnosed with diabetes type 1 :(. So a lot of stuff going on...but I will post some Cyber Alley cards I made soon to show how Pulp Alley can be used for Cyberpunk. And I'll also post the rules I wrote. The Cyberspace tiles I made can be found in this topic (somewhere...;)) IIRC.

Sorry to hear about your son.  We completely understand family first. 

Salcor

Offline FramFramson

• Elder God
  • But maybe everything that dies, someday comes back
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2015, 11:48:32 PM »
Very sorry to hear that. Take your time - there's no hurry here.

Offline sundayhero

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2015, 12:23:34 AM »
Hi,

For cyberpunk style games, you may take a look on two hour wargames 5150 Urban Renewal. There is some rules for cyber enhancements (physical and blended), with risks of burnout and overload, stims, police, subway, typical near future jobs, etc...

there is several alien races wich could probably be modded as specific characters class too, and everything can be played solo, coop, or VS, with full rpg style campaign.

Not speaking of the main rules wich are focused on typical urban gangs warfare, of course. Personnaly, I bought it, and also bought Shadowrun 3rd edition RPG book to make my own soup mixing these (background and "spirit" from SR rpg, and miniatures rules and solo mechanics from UR).  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 12:25:26 AM by sundayhero »

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. This evening I had some time to get down to posting the cards. Here are all of the 34 cards I printed (and which are en route to me now!), they give you an idea of what kind of leagues I am building with the default rules. Only the programs and the hacker is something new. I designed the cards myself so they are similar to the Pulp Alley cards but with a silly Cyberpunk look (Neon FTW!)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 09:57:58 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2015, 06:53:16 AM »
For the first read through of your Cyber Alley modifications I like what I see, but I am still Thinking through some of it.  At the moment I won't comment on the Cyberspace rules since I am still thinking them through. 

Thoughts:
1) I like your basic premise for Battlesuits, although I think would recommend a change to Armored Weapons Platform, my suggestion

Armored Weapons Platform
Character increases Brawl by +1d
Character replaces Shoot dice with light gun
Character may spend 1 gear modification point per the gun modification table page 16 of Gadgets, Guns, and Vehicles.  All guns are treated as advanced.
A Character rolls two extra dice for health checks and discards the two lowest.
A Battlesuit cannot make normal recovery rolls and can only be repaired.

Salcor