Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690838
  • Total Topics: 118355
  • Online Today: 861
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK (Update: March 5 '24)  (Read 129429 times)

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
Re: In the bright dystopian future there is only CYBERPUNK
« Reply #360 on: February 10, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »
Thanks lads, much appreciated 8)

And I totally forgot the painted Corporate VIP! He'll be the main objective for Sunday. One side must get him to the subway and the other side must assassinate him. Speaking of the subway...also forgot to take a picture of that one too! Also an addition lol
The VIP was painted in record time as I found out I needed him! Never thought about that one before. So a fast paintjob, but effective and I like him. The Subway is from Knights of Dice. Straight forward assembly and paintjob. To make it more convincing I printed an image of a subway stairway going down and glued it to the underside. This way it seems it's actually going somewhere!

Corporate VIP

Subway entrance
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 11:17:00 AM by Malebolgia »
“What use was time to those who'd soon achieve Digital Immortality?”

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #361 on: February 10, 2017, 07:58:29 PM »
Wonderful stuff. Gorgeous table.  :-*

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #362 on: February 10, 2017, 08:34:10 PM »
Wonderful table!

Offline Andym

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #363 on: February 11, 2017, 06:38:21 AM »
Wonderful stuff. Gorgeous table.  :-*

I couldn't say it better! Fantastic! I love that shot of the full she-bang! :-* The cars and the bike are amazing additions! :-*

Offline Elk101

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Elder God
« Reply #364 on: February 11, 2017, 07:58:04 AM »
Great job. You've really sold those TT Combat scenery pieces.

Offline salcor

• Librarian
« Reply #365 on: February 12, 2017, 11:02:55 PM »
Malebolgia,

Your assembled table is down right amazing!  Did you run chrome warriors on it?  How did it go?

Salcor

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #366 on: February 13, 2017, 09:46:18 AM »
Malebolgia,

Your assembled table is down right amazing!  Did you run chrome warriors on it?  How did it go?

Salcor

It looked even better in real life (even though he forgot to put out the trash ;D) He ran demo/playtest games of Chrome warriors on it at Poldercon. I got to play in one game and it was a very good play. Rules were detailed enough to allow for interesting choices but after a few rounds all new players understood the systems well enough to play the game, not the rules. (or at least in the one game I participated in)

It was also very cool to see my printed drone whizzing around the map and engaging people in melee all the time.  lol
3d designer, sculptor and printer, at your service!

3d files! (here)

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #367 on: February 13, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »
I was able to play a game on this awesome table at Poldercon yesterday, and it was absolutely great! 8)

Not only did the gorgeous terrain very much enhance the immersion in the game, but the rules were a blast too.

I was lucky to have a 'private' session, as there were no other participants in that time slot, so the game flowed a lot faster than when 4 guys have to discuss their every move.

There was some hacking, counter hacking, grenades were thrown, billboards blew up and there was lots of shooting and bashing. In other words; it was cyberpunk, and I loved it. :D

The fact that my dice appeared to be on fire (in a good way, mind  ;D ) might have helped there, and a resounding win was achieved.

I'm really impressed with the Chrome Warriors system; it's got a great balance of streamlining and detail, and the game played really fast and hard, as It should. The cyberspace aspect is a great addition but, like I said yesterday, it might require a slight tweak (even though I managed to hack and explode a billboard,which incapacitated two of his crew :D ). Just like the drone; even though it was fun, I felt it was just too fast and just like The Voivod a game earlier, I was able to use it to speed to get into combat and use its 4 turns to keep hitting, which may be too much. A cap on the amount of CC attacks (2?) would be good I think.

And the movement was too fast, as you remarked yourself; 4 inch instead of 6 would be more than enough. Although it was useful during these sessions of course, as it meant the action was almost instantaneous.

The terrain is absolutely superb and really brings across that cyberpunk feel, especially the old buildings in combination with the high tech details. 8)

A special mention must be made of the periferal gaming materials; I loved the Bullet-time magazines, the cards and the cyberspace mat and tokens; everything looked the part and was useful.

Seriously; most enjoyable game of the day! 8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 10:13:37 AM by Daeothar »
Miniatures you say? Well I too, like to live dangerously...
Find a Way, or make one!

Offline Malebolgia

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Lost in Cyberspace
    • Paintoholic
« Reply #368 on: February 13, 2017, 02:38:55 PM »
Guys…that was awesome. What a day. So much fun, such cool people. It was a long day, but last night I fell asleep with a big smile on my face. I’m always anxious before these days if everything works well and players have a good time. I saw a lot of smiles, a lot of nice people playing games together. So mission accomplished!
Also excellent to see people liked the game. I think they liked the core concepts and how it came together. But we also saw elements that needs fixing. So the game received some good input on the rules and how to improve. So the work continues and I will change the rules soon (also with more missions).

Here are some photos:

(on the right YPU and The Voivod joining forces!)

(Daeothar contemplating his next move in murdering me)

(Roon & Jase –aka my mates Bald&Beard- take up forces against me and mate Wouter)

And the first “errata” (a bit odd for a playtest version though).

Chrome Warriors – Errata

Actions
•   A character cannot have more than 3 actions per activation.

Move action
•   Goes from 6” to 4” per move;
•   Moving into close combat provides a free close combat attack with +1D Combat.

Close Combat
•   When in melee, models cannot move away freely. If they want to do so they must make an opposed 3D Combat check. If the active character ties or obtains more successes, they can use the Move action. If the opponent rolls more successes the action is lost;
•   Characters can make two close combat attacks per activation (one more than shooting; I want to make Close Combat a bit more interesting, so ranged combat won’t dominate too much).

Abilities
•   Abilities that give +D bonus to Combat or Skill will be boosted a bit to give them a bit more oomph and to make combat more deadly.

Bullet Time
•   Change the wording for the 3rd action. It now states that you need to announce this BEFORE taking an action, but that is a bit too restricting.

Character cards
•   Alter Armour into: a xD 7+ stat. This will show you how many dice to roll and what to roll. Makes it easier to use. I am contemplating playing with the 7+ stat for different types of characters,
•   Make it clear how to read the stats, so start with a green bar of stats as starting point and then work to the right. Also to make it easier to see where to start and how to read them.

Hacking
•   Hackers roll 3D (like all checks) and add their cyber deck bonus (so not Tier + Cyber Deck as it was counter intuitive and made Green hackers VERY weak);
•   ICE rolls 3D and uses the printed value as Skill number the number between parentheses as rerolls;
•   RAM will be used very differently. The trail of RAM will be removed as it didn’t add a lot. Instead, RAM will be a pool of bonus dice and firewalls:
a.   Hackers can spend RAM to roll +1D per RAM in hacking rolls. This allows them to hack through the web with less risk (but burning through resources);
b.   Hackers can place RAM tokens on hubs to reinforce them against opposing hackers; basically building something like a Firewall. The opponent must first break through to win. An opponent who wishes to break through must first destroy the Firewall. This will be a hacking roll for the hacker. The Firewall gets 3D + the number of RAM counters as hacking roll.
•   Programs will be slightly altered to buff them a bit. The Firewall will disappear as it will be covered by RAM.
•   Cyberspace events can be accessed from specific data packages. This ensures hackers don’t dominate the table with all kinds of nasty effects. They will have to control different data packages to use different effects. It also stimulates moving around through Cyberspace.
•   Cyberspace events like ‘ad overload’ or ‘moving cars’ can be used once per turn (and the car-effect will be toned down). Otherwise the cars are way too dangerous. Hackers could move them 6 actions in one turn…reducing everything to red smears. Fun, but way unbalanced.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 11:26:56 AM by Malebolgia »

Offline Dentatus

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Stalker7.com
« Reply #369 on: February 13, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »
 :-* Now THAT is seriously cool. That's doing it right.

Offline Mason

• Elder God
  • Eternal Butterfly!
    • Blind Beggar Miniatures
« Reply #370 on: February 13, 2017, 04:16:23 PM »
Congratulations, sir, on a wonderful visual achievement backed up by providing a great gaming experience too (as evidenced by the comments of your players).
Not always easy to achieve both, so kudos to you for managing that.
 :D

And that table really is top drawer!
 :-* :-*

Offline YPU

• Galactic Brain
  • In glorious 3D!
« Reply #371 on: February 13, 2017, 04:52:21 PM »
While playing I noticed that having armour and abilities printed in the first column of stats was a bit confusing, you however currently have enough blank space under the stats to make them separate "boxes" not tied to or in line with the other stats. This would clear up the fact that they do not change depending on wounds and maybe also make them easier to find on the fly.

Offline Daeothar

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • D1-Games: a DWAN Corporate initiative
    • 1999legacy.com
« Reply #372 on: February 13, 2017, 05:25:18 PM »
What 3D-Printing Man said!  :P

Offline horridperson

• Mad Scientist
  • Doing the Will of The Horned Cat
    • Void Spaces
« Reply #373 on: February 13, 2017, 11:16:02 PM »
Love seeing all that fine looking terrain in action.  Awesome pics  :-*.  Those ad boards are really eye catching.  Are they re-purposed dice boxes?  If you answered this earlier I'm sorry.  I was probably too busy looking at the pretty pictures :) .

Offline Gunbird

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • With miniatures, anything is possible!
    • 20mm and then some
« Reply #374 on: February 13, 2017, 11:24:22 PM »
Loved your tabe....as always you put a ton of effort into it. Didn't get a free moment to chat, maybe at the next Poldercon :) If you need help getting to Crisis this year, I'm a good halfway point if you need someplace to crash.....
Who is Gunbird? Johan van Ooij, Dutch, Mercenary Gamer, no longer mobile and happy to live life while it lasts >> http://20mmandthensome.blogspot.com/