Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:51:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1689474
  • Total Topics: 118281
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: The Industrial Park Case After Action Report  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
  • Focus of Mission plus Logistics will carry the day
    • Armored Ink
The Industrial Park Case After Action Report
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
Figured to put up a couple of shots of the Pulp Alley game layout before the participants arrive. Ill follow up with an AAR when its over.

and the view from the other end

« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:57:00 AM by Alfrik »
http://armoredink.blogspot.com/

Painting Pledge for 2014 Cthulhu Wars and all expansions figures to paint! Arrrgh!

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
Re: The Industrial Park Case
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 07:38:54 PM »
Looks really good... I'd like to see some more shots... :o
"Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small  boy....I keep it in a jar on my desk."
                ----- Robert Bloch------

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Great looking table! Looks like you're ready for some thrilling adventure!  :D

Looking forward to your AAR.

HAVE FUN

Offline mikedemana

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • Investigating curiosities around the globe...
    • Worldwidemike
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 01:19:18 AM »
Looks great. I had to do a double take to notice some of the bushes are 2-D. Do you plan on replacing them with 3-D foliage at some point, or is this an intended comic book effect?

Can't wait to read the battle report...on such a gorgeous layout it should be entertaining...

Mike Demana

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 05:29:51 AM »
Mike, its just the lighting that makes the bushes look 2D, they are clumps of woodland Scenics Clump foliage :)

Waiting on so slooooow upload of pics to do the AAR with.

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 05:56:35 AM »
So, the plot thickens! Occult Investigative Service and Mystery Solvers swung into action in the Industrial area near Leeds. Working on tips that the villains plot involved a government official that was diverting mechanical parts, they converged from opposite directions to attempt to prevent the suspect from escaping.

Here the team of OIS advances through the Warehouse yard towards their first plot point. The next nearest is out across the street and inside the large doorway. A lack of any type of hostile action allowed them to deploy and observe.

On the other side of the area, MS agents made a dash and reached their first plot point in the back of a lorry. One of the "missing" shipments was found right off! Out in the main street gun fire broke out from the roof. Meanwhile behind the warehouse, one of the enterprising OIS agents found a parked car and got it, fired it up....  Then jammed down the pedal and rammed into the back store front of the government officials office!!! (he passed his perilous check I imposed, when asked for what, I said "no seat belts"...)

The impact got the attention of Sister Painful who quickly put their escape plan into motion. An MS agent rushes down the street and tries to vault the fence but fails. Getting back up he is taken under fire from across the street and the same side of the street. Down he goes. Sporadic fire fails to take the cultists out.

OIS and MS charge into the Office building , though with MS having the initiative his agents worked their way up stairs ahead of OIS. Some shots and a brief brawl separated them.

A brief note on how I do interior fight tracking. The small boxes represent the various Floors of the building. If an agent is in a small box hes on the stairs inside. If hes adjacent to the small box, hes on that floor, till he reaches the Top Floor. You can fire into an adjacent small box or from the box to the same floor. Its unusual to see more than 2 or 3 agents / cultists in the same building... but the rush was on! Grab the Official!

In the mean time Sister Painful spirited away the Official through a hole in the wall to the big red brick 4 story building...which MS by passed....

As the MS and OIS agents storm the top floor..... no official to be found there was a round of finger pointing and accusations hurled back and forth. A frantic search finds the secret passage behind a Large Movie poster of an Starlet posing for a caveman movie set........

Papers found at the desk reveal that the plot seems to involve something Mechanical and eliminated early thoughts it might involve some sort of explosive device. They updated their Tracking Sheets accordingly.

*A note on how were doing this series of scenarios. I gave each player a Tracking Sheet with a list of Eight people, Eight Places and Eight Things with the final scenario being composed of a person, place, and thing from the list. Each Team has discovered multiple clues and reduced the list of each. The one that gets the correct correlation of who what where will gain a distinct advantage in the final scenario.... and yep, its sorta like the game Clue :)

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: The Industrial Park Case After Action Report
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 06:26:14 AM »
A great report, very interesting game.

I gave each player a Tracking Sheet with a list of Eight people, Eight Places and Eight Things with the final scenario being composed of a person, place, and thing from the list. Each Team has discovered multiple clues and reduced the list of each. The one that gets the correct correlation of who what where will gain a distinct advantage in the final scenario....

I really like this idea, waiting to see what happens, it's like watching a murder mystery in several parts!

Offline Elk101

• Elder God
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 07:23:10 AM »
I very much like your clue based approach. This is what I tried to do with Where Heroes Dare! but I think Pulp Alley is a more comfortable fit for this element. Great idea on the multi floor interiors it's abstract but elegant.

Offline gauntman

• Scientist
    • Gauntman's Pics
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
Very good, you've assembled quite a nice collection of buildings.  I know how time consuming that is.  They look real good.

Offline richarDISNEY

• Mad Scientist
  • Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:49:56 PM »
How the heck did I miss this game A?
"What exactly is a 'Headpiece to the Staff of Ra'?"

RicharDISNEY

Rescue Drinkin' and Gamin' Club

Offline d phipps

• Galactic Brain
  • Pulp Alley
    • Pulp Alley
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 11:40:19 PM »
Awesome, Alfrik!

The "Clue" idea is very cool. I think that's a great idea to spread out over several scenarios.

And your rule for interiors is very smart. Well done!

THANKS

Offline Alfrik

• Mastermind
    • Armored Ink
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 12:06:46 AM »
Richard, I post games on the Sactanks board :)

Offline Wolf Girl

• Mastermind
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2014, 02:54:45 AM »
Looks like it was a great game. :) That's the kind of stuff we want to put together for our next Pulp Alley campaign.

I love your terrain! The brick work on everything looks gorgeous  :-*

Mila Phipps, Pulp Girl
mila@pulpalley.com