Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:25:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690456
  • Total Topics: 118332
  • Online Today: 606
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: 28MM Egyptian Temple/WIP  (Read 9419 times)

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
Re: 28MM Egyptian Temple/WIP
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 11:58:39 AM »
Whoah!  :o

That's one heck of a board! Any progress since the last update?

Offline Hitman

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
Wickedly Cool. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman
 8)
Victory is guaranteed to the last man standing, but always remember those whom you stepped on to get there!!

Offline gary42

• Mastermind
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »
Whoa!  Dude!  Madness!  But fabulous!!
"They seek him here, they seek him... There he is!"

Offline Legion1963

• Mastermind
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 07:56:01 PM »
Totally awesome. Will it have a subterrenean level with tombs and lots of mummies?  8)

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 03:13:53 AM »
The Egyptian temple complex is now complete and painted.  In working through this project I am making several interiors.  Three of those interiors are made from large fish tank decor pieces in the shape of rooms with a very ancient Egyptian flavor to them.  I picked them up very cheap when a PetCo was going out of business.  I will have two more interiors (both associated with the temple complex) made from Evergreen and JTT plastic.  Those each consist to two walls and a floor so they are actually like a film sets and are made to come apart for easy storage.  My entire Pulp Egyptian archeological dig will consist of a large Egyptian town (22 buildings) and "the Nile" set on a 5 ft. x 7 ft. table and the actual dig site which consists of the large temple complex and two Playmobil pyramids each 20" at the base and about 15" tall.  Those are located on a second 5 ft x 7 ft table.  I hope to have the entire project complete by the middle of May (2014) and posted as a gallery sometime between completion and early June.  Thanks so much for writing, and I'm glad you like the temple.  Pardon the self congratulations, but it really looks good now that it is painted and has a unified feel to it. 

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 05:15:14 AM »
Just to provide a more complete picture of where this project is heading, here are a couple of early pictures of the modified but at the time unpainted Playmobil pyramids as well as a couple pictures of the Kobblestone Miniatures’ Middle Eastern buildings I have painted for this project in the last few weeks.  At this point in the project everything is done except for two of the three take-apart plastic interiors I am building.  One of the three was painted today.  A second was built today, and I plan to have all three interiors done by the end of the week.  With those done, the collection will be complete and ready for my daughter’s artist’s eye to take the pictures.

Offline pocoloco

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 05:24:14 AM »
 :o :o :o

*picking up my jaw from the floor*

Looking insanely great, can't wait to see the finished boards!

Offline Eric the Shed

• Galactic Brain
    • The Shed Wars Experience
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 05:56:25 AM »
This has inspired me so much I have also just purchased a shed load of Egyptian stuff...

including the infamous 3 sided playmobil pyramid.

Love the buildings !!

Offline has.been

• Galactic Brain
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 06:51:29 AM »
I too have been collecting Egyptian bits (From car boot sales to pet shops to charity shops & so on) for several years. My problem is do I do it as a ruin (Pulp adventures) or 'Intact' for Ancient Egyptians. An idea running through my mind is to do two sections, one (half a tables worth) ruin & the other 'as new' (also half a tables worth) so that I can use either. My master plan is to (on occassion) have a 'Time portal' or Star Gate in the middle. I quite like the idea of the Pulp adventurers (accidentally) opening the portal & going through. Some VERY nice Pharoe's court figures out there now.
I thank you for inspiring me to get of my behind & start this project.

Offline white knight

• Galactic Brain
    • WK's Miniature Imperium
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »
The Egyptian temple complex is now complete and painted.  In working through this project I am making several interiors. 

Don't tease, show us!  ;D

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 03:08:02 PM »
white knight, I'm sorry for the tease nature of this presentation.  Generally I stay away from WIP and process pics of my work because the way I work on things doesn't lend itself well to stopping for a photo shot, but a number of friends saw the pyramids and the temple as you see them here and insisted that I take pictures of them so there would be a record of where this thing began when I posted the finished gallery.  Having taken these pictures I decided to share them because I thought others might be interested in what went into the making of them.  I posted the painted Kobblestone Miniatures buildings because I only recently discovered them (they came out in November 2013) and thought they were about the nicest middle eastern buildings I've seen, and I haven't seen Kobblestone Miniatures stuff posted here or other places.  So again, I just thought I would take a couple pics of some I had painted and share these great buildings with others.  As I said above, I hope to have the entire layout photographed and posted no later than early June.  Frankly, I'm probably much for exciting about seeing this thing completed and all together than anyone else.  I've been collecting it for years and working on nothing else since November 2013.  I must say that I am glad you are interested too.  Thanks for writing.  Richard

Offline Centaur_Seducer

• Scatterbrained Genius
    • Gubbspel
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
Oh dear :-*

Offline War In 15MM

• Scatterbrained Genius
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
Silversixx, I hope that's a good "Oh dear" rather than a bad "Oh dear," but in any case thanks for taking the time to write.  Richard

Offline Dr. The Viking

• Galactic Brain
  • Rowdy, Hostile and Wrong Inc.
    • Dr. The Vikings Miniature Games Hell
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »
Man you just took next level Egyptian wargaming to the next level!!!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
My Empire - where everything I ever did is collected:

http://www.c0wabunga.com

Offline jnr

• Scientist
    • Jnr Paint & Model Shop
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2014, 01:29:16 AM »
Nice bit of scenery.