Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:40:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT Genre 3 After Action Report - Mission Porthallow Cove Rescue  (Read 1816 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
Briefing Room INEPTT Headquarters Chicago Illinois, 15 May.

Present - General Alexander Barnes, Colonel Dallas Kilby, Colonel Rene Brisbois, Major Gunnar Lokesson, Major Byron Dyrth
Watch Officer - LCol Noni Pendar

Sir, at approximately 1500 hours on the 10th of May there was a noted increase of X band radar emission from a ship in the bay of Biscay heading toward the English Channel. Ship was tracked for the next 2 days as it moved towards the small Cornish town of Porthallow Cove. The vessel, a small coastal freighter, under French flag is named the Jeanne Marie. The vessel is 190 feet, crewed by 7 personnel and displaces  almost 600 tons. She was noted to be moving erratically after the X band activity and turned aside from her designated port of call Brest, France. As she neared the Cornish coast on the Night of the 12th of May, INEPTT HQ authorized the insertion of three teams into the town of Porthallow Cove to ascertain the situation.

Sir, here are some photos of the town from an INEPTT drone taken prior to the teams arriving:

Patrol Craft RN, Small facility used for coastal training and fisheries monitoring.

Main street looking towards the Grand Hotel.

The dock and rail station.

Teams were moved from London via vehicle from the INEPTT Compound just East of Reading.

Teams mission was to destroy the X band emitter on the Jeanne Marie, eliminate any non-organic threat, safe guard civilian population.

Sir, at approximately 1030 (local time) on the 14th of May, the three teams arrived at Porthallow Cove. There was a decided lack of movement on the streets. Having arrived in two vehicles (Drummer armoured truck and BTR90 MICV - less functioning weapons mount), the teams decided to send one team immediately to the Jeanne Marie (Drummer) and the other two teams in the BTR would go to the RN facility.

Both vehicles were immediately attacked. Civilians three a Molotov cocktail at one vehicle, while the second was fired upon by personnel in the Naval Facility. Some damage was sustained by the Drummer armoured truck but no casualties were taken. INEPTT Agents returned fire and were effective in eliminating one civilian and one RN rating. The civilians and Navy personnel were not acting like normal people bringing home the fear that the Jeanne Marie's radar was being used for mind control.

The crew in the Drummer carried on towards the Dock to knock out the machinery causing the X Band radar emissions. The two teams in the BTR commenced  a nasty fire fight with Naval (mind controlled) personnel. Team DL's leader took out a naval rating as did the machine gunner. The second team in the BTR - The Wild Bunch, took out two more ratings. Return fire from the patrol boat caused two wounds amongst DL's team but no deaths.

BTR teams locked in a nasty firefight!

The Drummer's team, The Blue Whales, were set upon by three controlled civilians. One of them had a pistol and scoring a lucky shot destroyed the truck. One of the Blue Whales was killed in the resulting explosion. The dismounted Whales now reeked havoc amongst the civilians, but they were careful to only incapacitate not kill them.

The Drummer is converged on by numerous controlled civilians.

The last RN rating managed to kill DL's medic and was then himself killed. This eliminated the threat from the naval personnel, this allowed all the INEPTT Agents in the BTR to remount and head to the Jeanne Marie.

However, just as they were loading two Small Scout craft landed and XRAYs immediately set upon the teams.

In a hail of bullets and lasers, and an nasty attack by the Wild Bunch lead by their attack dog, the XRAYs were dispatched with no loss of life. The INEPTT Agents were now all wounded but one.

The teams converged on the Jeanne Marie and in some excellent shooting destroyed the remainder of the XRAYs.

Over all the teams were highly successful. Final tally was 6 XRAYs (4 x Alien Gray Soldiers, 1 x Alien Gray Engineer, 1 x Alien Gray Commander) killed, 2 (1 Soldier, 1 Engineer) Captured, 15 civilians killed in action while controlled, 17 rescued. 3 INEPTT Agents killed with another 7 wounded.

Mission Porthallow Cove Rescue was a success Sir. XRAY INTEL is being extracted from two captured XRAYs.

INEPTT Duty Officer brief complete. Do you have any questions Sir?

To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline dijit

• Scatterbrained Genius
  • And when Eric eats a banana...
Re: INEPTT Genre 3 After Action Report - Mission Porthallow Cove Rescue
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Nice looking game and setup.
Duncan

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 01:51:25 AM »
Thanks Duncan, I am still putting the finishing touches on my Genre3 troops. I just got my troops from Commando Miniatures today to flesh out the end of my Genre2 (1930 - 1960). Will be posting up more AARs but some will go in Weird War and some in WWI or Pulp depending on which Genre I am playing.

Does anyone know of 28mm Snakeman aliens? Haven't had any luck with that yet and it is one of the Alien races I wanted to add into INEPTT but due to lack of figures left them out.

Offline Machinegunkelly

• Scientist
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 09:25:34 PM »
It was a nice AAR. I really enjoyed Reading through it and as usual it is nice to see photos. Keep up the good work.