Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Ogre Miniatures Combine Invasion of Paneuropean occupied England  (Read 1488 times)

Offline agenttherock

• Lurker
Ogre Miniatures Combine Invasion of Paneuropean occupied England
« on: February 20, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »
Hi, this is my first time on this site, and I haven't seen a lot of Steve Jackson's Ogre posts. But I'm a big ogre fan so I thought I'd share this here anyway. I played a scenario I came up with for Ogre Miniatures with my dad brother and sister recently. The scenario we played was of a Combine invasion of Paneuropean occupied England after the fall of Britain. If you want to see the battle report and pictures as well as scenario rules, visit my brand new blog about Ogre at
http://49thcanadianogre.blogspot.ca/
Hope you check it out, and let me know what you think.

Offline Westfalia Chris

• Cardboard Warlord
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Brain
  • Elaborate! Elucidate! Evaluate!
Re: Ogre Miniatures Combine Invasion of Paneuropean occupied England
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:00:13 PM »
Rather interesting! I've shot a glance at OGRE a couple of times in the last 15-20 years, but couldn't quite get myself involved as I thought the game was pretty much an OGRE vs. an enemy army - it appears you can actually build forces of differing composition?

Also, "Canadian Combine Forces" invading Britain - will they actually get anywhere? I'd suspect they'd stop once every mile to apologize for the damage their tanks are doing to the finely-groomed English lawns... ;)

Offline agenttherock

• Lurker
Re: Ogre Miniatures Combine Invasion of Paneuropean occupied England
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:18:14 PM »
Haha, you're probably right about the apologies Chris although in the official story line they would be trying to liberate the poor Brits. You can absolutely build forces of differing composition! The rules outlining that can be found in the GEV rule book for counters and the Ogre Miniatures rulebook for minis. There is also an Ogre Miniatures Lite pdf free for download off the official site if you want to have a look it can be found here http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/products/miniatureslite/