Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:39:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Author Topic: Who would be interested in a IHMN learning day? (Calgary Alberta)  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
  • Most of what I say is lost in translation.
Not sure if I have the time on Saturday or Sunday yet but I am wondering how many people would be interested in learn to play or trying out the game? I am no expert but I have a game under my belt and I would be fine with trying my hand at teaching other. The game day will be in Calgary Alberta at the Sentry Box
If I can get a idea of people who want to play I can rig up some lists and what day people want to play on.
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
― C.S. Lewis

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
Re: Who would be interested in a IHMN learning day? (Calgary Alberta)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 02:26:04 PM »
Just so we are clear I can provide 3-5 leagues as long as people do not mind they are not painted (I don't have a lot of painting time right now).
I have a British league
Ronin League
Predator league (Over powered foolishness)
Committee of 300 (Evil secret British governing body).
and if people don't mind using some smaller figs I can make a Doctor Moreau as well.

Also if any people from Outside of Alberta come I will buy you a cup of tea (No not coffee this is a Gentlemen's game) and spring for a pizza.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:27:52 PM by Irishrover13 »

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:40:33 PM »
I am first day post-op today so I don't think a long trip from Missouri is practical but it would be fun.   ;)

Understand the painting time thing - I may be able to muster some energy for painting this week... I have the time...  :)

I find I learn better with playing the game then just trying to learn the rules by reading.

Good luck and have fun.

Gracias,

Glenn
Viva Alta California!  Las guerras de España,  Las guerras de las Américas,  Las guerras para la Libertad!

Offline Conquistador

• Galactic Brain
  • There are hostile eye watching us from the arroyos
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:45:39 PM »
<snip>
and if people don't mind using some smaller figs I can make a Doctor Moreau as well.

Also if any people from Outside of Alberta come I will buy you a cup of tea (No not coffee this is a Gentlemen's game) and spring for a pizza.

That company sounds very interesting.  I would bring some 100% (none of that blend... stuff...) Kona Coffee for post game (tea in game of course) conversations.  I wish I could attend.  Still trying to get Janice back to Quebec (she was an international adoption before they became 'popular' and she has never been back.)  If we pull that trip off maybe we might be able to visit a few other provinces too...  There is a train that comes East/West across Canada IIRC.

Gracias,

Glenn

Offline Irishrover13

• Scientist
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 01:38:30 AM »
Indeed there is and any time you want to pop in give me a day or two notice and I will make time for a game and tour of Calgary. (I will even take a sick day if I must.)