Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Recent

Poll

What 15mm low level monsters would you like to see for RPGs?

Kobolds
9 (17.3%)
Hobgoblins
7 (13.5%)
Gnolls
5 (9.6%)
Bullywugs
3 (5.8%)
Ratmen
7 (13.5%)
Evil men
5 (9.6%)
Dark elves
2 (3.8%)
Ghouls
2 (3.8%)
Sahuagin
3 (5.8%)
Bugbear
3 (5.8%)
Goblins
6 (11.5%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: March 04, 2014, 07:16:45 PM

Author Topic: What 15mm low level monsters would you like to see for RPGs?  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Elbows

• Galactic Brain
Re: What 15mm low level monsters would you like to see for RPGs?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 05:52:12 AM »
I actually liked Conquistador's response...just don't think it had much to do with the thread.   lol  I think his response is more worthwhile for gamers who do dungeon gaming.  Khurasan - I'd definitely use the input on the poll, and simply make whatever you think will sell enough for you to continue the line.

No worries. I do think the more slightly general the minis, the wider the audience.  Ie. you can't go wrong with Goblins, etc.
2024 Painted Miniatures: 203
('23: 159, '22: 214, '21: 148, '20: 207, '19: 123, '18: 98, '17: 226, '16: 233, '15: 32, '14: 116)

https://myminiaturemischief.blogspot.com
Find us at TurnStyle Games on Facebook!

Offline Zoggin-eck

• Bookworm
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 09:41:23 AM »
What Thread was Conquistador replying to?

Personally, I've like to see you make models that are harder to find in 15mm. I'd love to see Ratmen that actually look like "rat" men, and not dogmen or vague "animal with a tail" men, for instance. :) Admittedly that's more a wargamer mindset, though.

Other than that, if it's something more obvious like orcs/goblins, I'd rather see a different style of armour, weapon or something that makes them different to what's already out there.

Offline Khurasan Miniatures

• Mastermind
  • Miniature manufacturer to the stars
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 04:16:47 PM »
Kobolds and hobgobs are neck in neck!  (So the kobolds must be standing on a table.)  I secretly hope the kobolds will because they are just tiny lizardmen and so would go with the existing lizardmen I'm making.
Khurasan Miniatures

Like us on Facebook for updates:
http://www.facebook.com/khurasanminiatures

Offline Paddy

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 05:02:48 PM »
Kobalds get my vote.  Especially if they are along the lines of the ones in the original Monster Manual.  Those guys had real character!

Offline Emphatz

• Bookworm
    • My Miniatures Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 10:51:52 AM »
I make one set of skellingtons already, and I've got a second set of five well underway, so that's why they're not on the list. Ditto orcs and lizardmen.

AHUH! thats great news, and in return I would like to say that I own a set of your Skeleton Wights and i shall own a set off your new Skellie warriors, great stuff, thanks for all your hard work  :D

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
Technically the poll is open until early March but it looks like voting is dying down and the Kobolds have pulled ahead.  Sneaky of them!  Then again, they are little sneaks.

• Mastermind
    • Khurasan Miniatures
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 01:58:37 PM »
Progress report -- the lizardman submasters  arrived yesterday and I'm very pleased with them. It's 16 poses, 6 with primitive hand weapons, six with crude spears, and a command set of chieftain, standardbearer, drummer and shaman.

The hobgoblin army is well underway as well. The sword poses are made, six poses with a big straight sword and a large rectangular shield, for troops that fight close together and form a shield wall as they stab through with their swords.

Next to be made will be composite bow archers and war scythes to protect them from mounted, a sort of bill and bow unit. The mounted will then be made, riding on entelodonts. Then command of course.

Kobolds will follow, as will several other iterations of lizardmen.

For a while I was worried about making lizardmen and hobgoblins, as both are very large, very fierce low level monsters, but now I'm quite pleased with the mix -- I realised they are like fantasy versions of Romans and Celts!  The hobgoblins with their heavy armour, rectangular shields and stabbing swords are like disciplined legionaries, whereas the lizardmen, charging wildly at high speed in a mob, emotionless in the face of injury, are like Celtic fanatics. I can actually see the two fielded as armies using those two historical army lists!  (Early imperial Romans and early Galatians probably best.)