Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:24:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Donate

We Appreciate Your Support

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 1690962
  • Total Topics: 118359
  • Online Today: 705
  • Online Ever: 2235
  • (October 29, 2023, 01:32:45 AM)
Users Online

Recent

Author Topic: INEPTT Genre 1 game - Hunt for GAUNAB's Scrolls  (Read 1696 times)

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
  • If we don't end war, war will end us.
INEPTT Genre 1 game - Hunt for GAUNAB's Scrolls
« on: February 25, 2014, 01:48:58 AM »
(First I have to ask some patience in the lack of all the troops being painted - I am still hard at work on the Genre 1 figures.)
In 1890 German archeologist Helmuth Wheeler discovered an ancient crypt below the chapel in the Poenari castle. The crypt revealed a couple of artifact, but most importantly two scrolls that after translation gave the Germans a location to search for the possible resting place of the ancient God of Evil GAUNAB.
The deciphering of the scrolls took nearly 20 years. As they neared completion the Germans found many things previously thought to be legend. SO they stood up, within Military Intelligence, two units - the German Occult Hunters and the German Extraterrestrial Hunters. These two units were made of up specially trained and equipped soldiers to search out Occult and Alien artifacts, ruins, cities and even remains. When they heard about this the British and French formed a special unit called the Special Occult Operations Force (SOOF). The Russians had some Elite soldiers as well that were also assigned to similar missions.

Here is the Report of the HUNT FOR GAUNABs SCROLLS!

Time: Summer 1910
Forces: 1 team of British SOOF, 1 team of French SOOF and 1 team of Russian Bureau of Occult Intelligence (BOI). Each team consisted of 5 Agents.

The teams were sent to present day Namibia to try and locate the scrolls that would detail the location of GAUNAB's tomb.

A picture of the area the SOOF and BOI troops would be heading in to.

The teams quickly spread across the small valley, two on foot and the British team in a truck.

The British were first to spot anything that might be dangerous in the form of 10 local tribesmen up on a small hill watching the British Team.
The French and Russian teams each closed in on possible relic sites.

Unsure of the natives intent the British dismount the truck and open fire.

The British team was not willing to allow the Natives to "spy" on them so they opened fire, one individual using a "Top Secret" Lewis gun! The Natives fled the hill when one of their members was killed. The British team remounted the truck and carried on.

Mean while the Russians discovered an ancient relic - a holding blade! The French were still advancing over broken ground to the second location.

The British remounted and continued toward the abandon fort (well they thought it was abandon), but were attacked by about 40 Natives who opened up a pretty hot fire on the British causing some damage to the truck but nothing to the passengers.

In a running battle with the Truck and its riders the Natives suffered from a lack of fire arms and were shot to pieces. The final straw came when the Truck headed past the abandon fort and up to the parapet ran a number of German agents. They opened up further fire on the Natives who dispersed after heavy casualties.

The French mean while discovered a power stone and then moved to the old ruin, the same location the British were headed to. The Russians headed back to base camp.

At the ruin two huge creatures were guarding the location of GAUNAB's scrolls and a deadly fight commenced.

Giant Spider attacks the British Team.

Giant Mamba attacks the French Team.

The British opened a withering fire on the Spider but it still managed to fight through and kill one of the British Agents before it was finally killed.

The French showing a penchant for close combat quickly killed the snake, allowing them to help unearth the scrolls with their British colleagues.

The French team at the excavation.

This was our first full run with Genre 1 and some valuable lessons were learned by the lads. First they didn't have the same fire power as in Genre 2 and 3. Two the teams needed to be slightly bigger (5 to start vice 3 or 4 in the later Genres). Three - the choice of abilities really needs to be carefully considered in this Genre as the equipment can't save you like in Genre 3.

Was a fast and fun game!
Full marks to the lads in only losing 1 Agent.
To join INEPTT Yahoo Group email me at - inep-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
or visit the site here - https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/INEP/info

Offline Mad Lord Snapcase

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
  • Snapcase Hall, Much-Piddling, Devon
    • The Life and Times of Mad Lord Snapcase
Re: INEPTT Genre 1 game - Hunt for GAUNAB's Scrolls
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 06:38:36 AM »
Looks like a really good game. I like the fort as well, thanks for the AAR.

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:36:34 PM »
Thanks Mad Lord - it is a lot of fun to play - INEPTT is selling well so far in pdf format at wargamevault.com. I am hoping to have the first mission book out in about a month or two.
I have two more mission books to go after that, each focuses on one of the three Genres.

Offline Marine0846

• Supporting Adventurer
  • Galactic Brain
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 02:40:25 AM »
Looks like you guys had fun.
It takes time to paint and collect all the stuff one wants.
Keep at it. Try to improve the look of each new game.
Last summer I did a lot of Viet Nam stuff.
Started with about 30 painted figures and some huts.
About 3 months later, 160 or so figures and lots of terrain.
My secret, just tried to paint something everyday.
Semper Fi, Mac

Offline Amalric

• Mastermind
  • I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:58:20 AM »
Fun AAR.
Thanks for posting!

Offline Shawnt63

• Scientist
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 04:15:42 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement :) I have a large number of genre two and three figures done. Also a lot of zombies and aliens and some monsters, but I am certainly low on genre one agents, henchmen and monster types. But as you mentioned Marine, I am attempting to paint something each day:)